2011 Intel Summer Deal

I looked at that board. Is that the one with the 4-pin or 8-pin AUX power connector?

The D3H-B3 has a 4-pin connector. I was a bit wary of that at first but considering my current board has a 4-pin connector and it easily allows a moderate overclock I don't think it will be an issue at all. Once you push past 4.5Ghz and up then you would probably want an 8-pin connector to ensure a more stable power delivery.

My order has still not shipped. I know, I know. Patience right? I never thought I would be able to get my geeky little paws on a 2600K at all and the thought of having one sitting in a warehouse with my name attached is killing me! My precious...

Yeah, I noticed that the 8-pin version is somewhere around $50 more (newegg had that $99 deal just the other day on the 4-pin version). That's a lot more money for a few extra mhz of OCing...

Right after I posted I checked my order number(I have been doing this every hour) by using the Fedex reference tracking tool and my 2600K is arriving Monday:D

I also ordered some OCZ Freeze on Sunday night and that came today from TigerDirect. No one else seems to have this anymore. A shame OCZ has fallen apart because this paste is incredible.

Got my i7 970 today.
Easy overclock to 4.5ghz with a mere 1.250v.
:-P

damn, i accidentally ordered the 2600k, but sold that so everything is good

Just got my order shipment notice today.
Looks like they shipped it out a few days ago but didn't send me the notice because according to the tracking it's being delivered today.

Got my 2600k and SSD, now to decide if I should use it to upgrade the system in my sig, or sell it and wait for the X79 stuff.

They ship pretty fast, I bought an i7 970 both for winter and summer deals and both* shipped and got to my house within 7-12 days.

Finally got my 2600k today. Placed an order on 5/25 (5/26 EDT).

After reading around on the forums on their website, it appears some people received their chip with a broken seal. I was afraid mines would be open too but both stickers were still in tact.

I was a little disappointed in the packaging though. The boxed processor was inside a shipping box 4x its size so it was probably jumping around a lot during delivery. Wish they'd used packaging air bags or something.

You're lucky you got a box...all I got was a FedEx padded bag. Seals intact though.

Thanks. The prices aren't bad, but not overly impressive to go through all the hoops that was outlined in the OP.

I was able to sign up and do all of the classes and become a "Producer" in one night. It took about 2 hours. You can skip to the end of every course and just take the quiz. There is only one presentation that you have to watch, and it was pretty informative.

I saved 200 bucks on a processor for 2 hours worth of work, I am not seeing the issues here.

Has anyone received their code yet for the Operation Flashpoint* Red River* game? It's June 10th and I haven't received anything yet.....

I was able to sign up and do all of the classes and become a "Producer" in one night. It took about 2 hours. You can skip to the end of every course and just take the quiz. There is only one presentation that you have to watch, and it was pretty informative.

I saved 200 bucks on a processor for 2 hours worth of work, I am not seeing the issues here.
Not bad at saving $100/hr., obviously, but if you didn't "cheat" (I use that word lightly, of course) and watched all of the video clips in their entirety, it would've been a lot longer than 2 hours.

Received my 2600k yesterday, very disappointed in the packaging. Like others, mine was in a box three times its size and now bubble wrap in it, so it was just shifting everywhere inside. :(

Lets be grateful our chips didn't arrive like this.

7J7f6.jpg

At least he got air bubbles to cushion his chip. Found this image on SD on one of the deals for a 2600k.

On another note, I just checked my email and got the code for Flashpoint. It was emailed around 3pm PST.

Ordered my 2600k, shipping and tax killed the $99 appeal a bit. Still for $125 shipped, it's still one helluva deal! I'm thinking of ordering one of the 320 series too, just cant convince myself just quite yet...

i still have a copy if someone wants it for uber cheap!
yep tax and shipping lol
and mine was also boxed up

has anyone received their 970 yet???

all my friends who have ordered 2600k has got theirs already
but no word on my 970 order?

Got my i7 970 today.
Easy overclock to 4.5ghz with a mere 1.250v.
:-P

Didn't know these were so good to overclock. Seems like it's on par with Sandy Bridge?

That's a pretty good chip. I can only get about 4.2Ghz with 1.3V.

They are not. 4.5 with 1.25v stable is NOT a reality with a 970. I have a golden 970 and it still needs over 1.4v for 4.5ghz. Dark12 is a liar.

He'd post linx 20loops at 4.5ghz for the 4.5ghz club if he were telling the truth.

Just look at the 4.5ghz club and you'll see that NO gulftown has *ever* been recorded legitimately hitting 4.5ghz with less than 1.312v, and there are only two results less than 1.35v, with about 95% of the majority falling between 1.45 and 1.5v for 4.5ghz. And the 1.312v result is extremely suspect because it is about half the Gflops that it should be.

Case in point, realistically you'll get 4.2ghz with a good i7 970 and 4.4ghz with a golden one, while maintaining reasonable voltages/temps.

Summer deal extended til July 5th.

To anyone who hasn't ordered a processor yet, are the 2600ks still in stock? I was worried stock would be limited on these chips and ordered it around the time the deal went live. I was a producer at the time but just recently got to rockstar status. Would've given me a bigger discount on the chip. I did spring for the 120gb SSD. Should arrive next week.

I want a 2600K so bad, but I live in the UK and don't work for any of the retailers :(

EDIT: If someone was to get me a 2600K, I'd pay $200-$250 (including shipping)

I was just starting to think about building a new PC and came across this deal on the last day it was available, lol... didn't even know it was the last day and was taking my time doing the test that night; bought the i7 2600k at about 11:00 PM.

About how long was the wait before it shipped for you guys?

Mines shipped within the week from the time I placed my order and delivered to my door within two weeks.

Anyone know when the winter deals usually start? Would love to get a 2600k for another build

Cheap 2600k's for all. Hoping they put the 510 SSD's on sale this time around. Running low on mine current SSD.

Don't think you qualify.

You got to work at one of the major retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) and verify with your pay stub.

Back