2011 Intel Summer Deal

Yeah, but I don't plan to resell. I plan to fold 24/7 on whichever.

My 970 does 4gz at stock voltages.

Mine does as well... Well I do need to increase the QPI/DRAM voltage setting in the BIOS to about 1.25v so that my RAM will operate at 1600mhz stable.

But for me, I want to run my machine at a reasonable sound level so I can sleep with it on. Using the Thermalright HR-02 cooler, I am unable to achieve CPU temps below 80C at load since I am running the fans at around 1000 RPM or so and the ambient room temp around 25C. This is using the Lian-Li X900 case, which has excellent airflow. I think the chip could hit 4.5 with a slight voltage bump and good water cooling, but it's not worth the noise penalty and cost of a good loop.

I have a 2600K on order so I will see for myself, but I am convinced I will be able to run it 4GHz without going loud or hot. And for someone that wants to OC while being somewhat practical, I think the 2600K is the better choice.

Last edited:
Kind of crap that some work so hard to be able to buy and they sell out in less than 8 hours on the 970s

Strange how that was not a problem with the holiday deal. Perhaps the 970 is out of production...

I could have sworn 30k points was only needed to be a rockstar for the last Intel deal. It's now 40k for rockstar status.

I was able to order a 2600k chip for $143 shipped as producer status. Still cheaper than a 2500k @ microcenter.

Time to build a new system and this deal is too good to pass up. Can't sit around and wait for Bulldozer to influence the processor market anymore.

I can see why the 970 would be limited quantities if they aren't making them anymore, but come on, the SSDs are limited too? These are the new 320 series, shouldn't be running out of them. I call BS on Intel on this one.

970's are still in production. it doesn't make sense they'd be limited other than to piss people off.

Well it seems that Intel is aiming to piss most everyone off here by making everything limited except the 2600k

Does anyone know how long the summer deal is supposed to last?

Last edited:
Kind of crap that some work so hard to be able to buy and they sell out in less than 8 hours on the 970s

My buddy wanted to buy the 970 and by the time he got off of work from the job that QUALIFIES him for this deal, the 970s were gone. Kind of bogus but he did pick up the 2600k so not all was lost.

I picked up a 2600K and a 120GB SSD - it sucks the 970's sold out so quick but they did say limited quantities on them.

I'm suuuuper pissed off, I wanted to snag myself a 970 and sell my 920 but they "lost" my verification and asked me to resubmit it but now the 970 is OOS. Rage.

I'm suuuuper pissed off, I wanted to snag myself a 970 and sell my 920 but they "lost" my verification and asked me to resubmit it but now the 970 is OOS. Rage.

Well, I snagged a 970 and I am wishing a got a 2600k instead.

yea i got killed by the verification bug too, but i would need to buy a mobo for the 2600k, guess its time to stick with my 940

Verification bug? What's easier than emailing a paystub? I was done in a day *shrugs*

I'd be happy to buy an i7 2600K (for a personal build, not to resell) from anyone who's not going to use the program for themselves (or anyone using it and just looking to make a small profit).

Credentials/feedback from eBay, Amazon and several other online forums can be provided upon request as proof that I'm a safe trader.

Shoot me a PM and we can help each other out.

I am kind of regretting getting that 120gb ssd for $160. It just doesn't perform well enough to make its price impressive.

I got hit by the verification issue also. I just sucked it up and got a 2600k and the 160gb ssd.

i'm interested in buying a 2600k from someone for a small profit + shipping. please PM. thanks

I'd be happy to buy an i7 2600K (for a personal build, not to resell) from anyone who's not going to use the program for themselves (or anyone using it and just looking to make a small profit).

Credentials/feedback from eBay, Amazon and several other online forums can be provided upon request as proof that I'm a safe trader.

Shoot me a PM and we can help each other out.
Nobody's going to sell for a 'small profit' it takes hours of work to get the deals.

Very true. I worked my ass off to get this deal. I am gonna sell the 970 for a profit. Regardless its still a good deal for someone who would buy it from me as they will still save 200 over retail price. I do enough favors in my life already, lol.

Apparently Intel just increased the warranty of the 320 series SSD's to 5 years. Maybe it was worth the price.

How much was the 970?

0mega, I did email it to them (well actually I used their new iPhone app to submit it) and it had been about a week with no reply and then I finally got one saying I had to resubmit it and they still haven't verified. I wanted to jump up from the 920 I have now but I suppose it's really not THAT much better...

How much was the 970?

0mega, I did email it to them (well actually I used their new iPhone app to submit it) and it had been about a week with no reply and then I finally got one saying I had to resubmit it and they still haven't verified. I wanted to jump up from the 920 I have now but I suppose it's really not THAT much better...

2600k - $114 members, $99 rockstars, $89 rock legends
970 - $190, 175, 150
120gb - $160. $150 $140
160gb $na, $209, $199

It took me over 2 hours quizzes to get the 970.

As far as verification goes, it took me only a couple hours. Well, the first time it was denied because they wanted a higher resolution scan. The second time it took 2 hours after I resubmitted it.

If anyone here decides they would rather have a 2600k instead of the 970... I would love to trade my 2600k + cash for your 970.

i bought the deal also and might sell the intel, anyone interested pm me
and yes nobody will sell you a 2600k if they bought for under $120 for like $150

No one is going to sell their 160GB SSD for $220. That doesn't even cover tax and shipping.

Back