2011 Intel Summer Deal

Faction

The Chairman
On the afternoon (CST) of May 25, 2011, you can get yourself some amazing deals if you meet the requirements. Read on!

http://retailedge.intel.com

• 2600k:
    Rock Legends $89 USD
    Rockstars $99 USD
    Members $114 USD
  • i7 970: —LIMITED QUANTITIES! SOLD OUT
    Rock Legends $165 USD
    Rockstars $175 USD
    Members $190 USD
  • Intel 320 120GB: —LIMITED QUANTITIES!
    Rock Legends $140 USD
    Rockstars $150 USD
    Members $160 USD
  • Intel 320 160GB: —LIMITED QUANTITIES!
    Rock Legends $199 USD
    Rockstars $209 USD

Participation Requirements:
1. Complete all the required activities (listed below).
2. Make sure your employment verification is up to date

You must complete all these activities to participate in the Summer Deal. If the activity has a checkmark next to it, you've completed it. If not, complete that activity to participate.
Course: Intro to the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Course: Positioning the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family
Course: Visibly Smart Performance Starts Here
Article: Intel® Quick Sync Video
Article: (OEM) The Next Generation in Gaming and Entertainment
Article: Rediscover Intel® Solid State Drives
Article: The Making of a Microprocessor
Review: Anandtech*: "Intel’s Sandy Bridge i7-2820QM: Upheaval in the Mobile Landscape"
Review: PC Perspective*: "Intel Core i7-2820QM Mobile Sandy Bridge Performance"
Review: Anandtech*: The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core™ i3-2100 Tested
Review: Tech Report*: Intel's 'Sandy Bridge' Core Processors
Webcast /On-demand Webcast: 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors

Last edited:
I'd venture a guess and say it's only for people in the Retail Edge program.

hmm well it says telcom as well as retail... My wife works for one of the major US telcom's so Hopefully we can enroll.

sometimes I wish I worked in retail... just not wanting to get paid like I was....

hmmm, if only i worked retail.

all well.

oh, i bet i can sign up under my brother's name!

edit: crap, meijers isnt listed.

no home depot, but walmart is in and I have 2 brother in law works at walmart :D I might ask them to sign up

Nice...I'll have to make sure I'm up to date and grab some of these.

Someone who works in retail and isn't going to do this, please hook it up. I need stuff to start going towards a new build. ;)

screw all these retail employee programs!

where are the self employed it services companies programs

It possible they might price it at 99 like the last i7 950 (I think that was last one)

maybe for legends.

probably like 140-150 for normal

130 for rockstar

100-120 for legend....

the 940 and 960 were really cheap the last 2 times because they were the 2 and 3rd time x58 quad cores had been offered.

Has anyone ever purchased something on this with a different credit card than the registered owner? My sister (a rockstar) asked me to buy something for her, and I'd rather just use my card than bring cash over to her. Even more so that they don't have prices listed.

Has anyone ever purchased something on this with a different credit card than the registered owner? My sister (a rockstar) asked me to buy something for her, and I'd rather just use my card than bring cash over to her. Even more so that they don't have prices listed.

what does a "rockstar" have to do with anything.

Yes I have done it before without any issue.

My friend works retail, he signed up for Intel Retail Edge, I keep the account in Rockstar status and get to order the deals. Win-win!

Do we need to register with their address and stuff or is it enough to use our friend's employee ID # and name?

I will be using a friends account, anyone know if the credit card and shipping address needs to be his? Or can I pay for it and have it shipped to me. I just don't want his account to be banned or anything.

Back