1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP!

someone earlier in the thread stated that it worked with the A8V Deluxe. Well, I ordered 2 sticks from the guy and they were like this, the NON-BGA sticks.

http://users.adelphia.net/~bealem/front.jpg

I also ordered 4 sticks of the BGA uglies and they only show up as 512mb no matter what I put them in.

Chipsets tested were KT800 Pro for the A8V Deluxe.
nForce 3 for a small pc.
MSI K8N Deluxe for nForce3 and SLI.

The uglies showed up as 512 and the regular ones didn't even boot without mad beeping.

I even upgraded my A8V bios to the newest, and then downgraded it to 1013. If the other perosn with the A8V could tell me what bios they were using, that would be great.

I received an email response from MSI - the 128x4, high density ram will not work in the MSI MS-7125 (K8N Neo4)

Hopefully I won't have too many problems getting a refund...

At this point I think we are all recommending not to buy from this vendor
(if anyone still needs it spelled out for them).

vibe said:
At this point I think we are all recommending not to buy from this vendor
(if anyone still needs it spelled out for them).

Jeebus guys I told you NOT to buy from this guy 15 pages ago.
How many clues do you need? The ram is garbage IMHO.

Yup, I LOVE my RAM that I got from this guy. By brother bAcKpAiN had his issue resolved and got a good 2 sticks of RAM as well. But I still couldn't buy from him. I am almost certian by the experiences here that I would NOT get RAM the caliber that I got. I am fairly certiam I would not even get RAM that would run stock settings as advertised by him.

Rev. said:
Yup, I LOVE my RAM that I got from this guy. By brother bAcKpAiN had his issue resolved and got a good 2 sticks of RAM as well. But I still couldn't buy from him. I am almost certian by the experiences here that I would NOT get RAM the caliber that I got. I am fairly certiam I would not even get RAM that would run stock settings as advertised by him.

Ok?
So if you are running up-to-date hardware Dont buy.

The ONLY way you should buy from this guys is if you are a gambler who can do without 120$ for a while without a heart attack. YOu may get good RAM like me n rev, or you may get shafted with crappy ram like I did at first.

I must say though, the longer I have had mine the more I like it. I run it @ 2.7 vlots 2.5-3-3-8 timings at DDR450 speeds.

bAcKpAiN said:
The ONLY way you should buy from this guys is if you are a gambler who can do without 120$ for a while without a heart attack. YOu may get good RAM like me n rev, or you may get shafted with crappy ram like I did at first.

I must say though, the longer I have had mine the more I like it. I run it @ 2.7 vlots 2.5-3-3-8 timings at DDR450 speeds.

Exactly on both points. The Advance Modules are the only ones worth getting from these jokers. However the trick is it will take you over a month to get them. First they have to send you the wrong kind, on purpose "cause they be automated, mate". Then you have to wait while USPS tells you they have delivered the return but they don't reply to your emails. Then eventually they might send you the right kind.

If you have $117 you don't care about for several weeks, yes might be able to get somewhat decent ram, eventually.

vibe & awdorrin,

could you get a SPD dump for your 'NCP' modules?

i'm interested to compare this NCP with my Advance Modules ram.

another update: the advance modules also work in the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum board and come up as 1GB.

so far, i have tested them on 3 boards:

DFI nForce 4 Ultra ---> 1GB working, single channel only..wont boot with 2 sticks in any config
MSI K8N NEO2 Nforce 3 ----> 1GB working
Intel I865P board ----> 512MB only

cybpsych said:
vibe & awdorrin,

They are already returned and my biostar 6100 apparently can't read SPD info since it doesn't have proper SMBUS support (yet?) If someone knows another way to read SPD info (without SMBUS) I'd love to hear it btw (cpuz, sisoft, memtest86+ etc can't read it)

We already know the Advance have SPD copied from Samsung sticks and that the NCP are junk. Read through the rest of the thread, there are SPD dumps there from others.

Matrices said:
does that mean you can't use 2 1gb in there?

that is correct. I wasnt able to use 2x 1gb in my DFI in any combination. Dual channel wouldnt even boot. Running them both in single would boot but windows wont load (or would crash). But system ran fine with each stick working alone.

Cant test both sticks in my msi board b/c i dont have both the sticks anymore. have only 1 now (the other sold at cost to a fellow member :) )

gssethi said:
that is correct. I wasnt able to use 2x 1gb in my DFI in any combination. Dual channel wouldnt even boot. Running them both in single would boot but windows wont load (or would crash). But system ran fine with each stick working alone.

Cant test both sticks in my msi board b/c i dont have both the sticks anymore. have only 1 now (the other sold at cost to a fellow member :) )

I bought his other one. I ran tests and found it wouldn't run any faster than PC2100 in my board. It tries to clock to PC3200 but freezes while showing the PCI info. Couldn't hit PC3200 even with .2v added. Nor PC2700. PC2100 was all I needed, though. I have 4 more sticks on the way from starfox. It might be my motherboard.

cybpsych said:
vibe & awdorrin,

I can't get a SPD dump, because my system won't even post with these NCP modules installed. (Motherboard is a MSI-7125 K8N Neo4 NForce4.)

Interesting note, after not being able to get an acutal response from the seller for nearly a week (all responses were automated form emails, just like the ones many of you got) - I filed a dispute with PayPal and filed negative feedback. The seller responded by giving me negative feedback and sending me a rather nasty email claiming my ebay account was going to be shut down. He also claimed the Advance Modules and the NCP memory are the same thing (and that he sells 7 different varieties.) This guy is not only completely unprofessional but apparently also completely ignorant about the product which he sells.

I sure learned my lesson on this purchase - no more ebay for me.

By the way, not to defend the vendor, but remember to check your spam folder for replies from them. All of theirs was going to my yahoo spam folder until I flagged them not spam.

Before I bought from them I got replies within 12 hours. When I first found out the sticks were not the ones they promised me I got a reply within an hour. Now that I have sent them back I have not got a reply in 48 hours.

vibe said:
They are already returned and my biostar 6100 apparently can't read SPD info since it doesn't have proper SMBUS support (yet?) If someone knows another way to read SPD info (without SMBUS) I'd love to hear it btw (cpuz, sisoft, memtest86+ etc can't read it)

We already know the Advance have SPD copied from Samsung sticks and that the NCP are junk. Read through the rest of the thread, there are SPD dumps there from others.

i've checked with Advance Modules' sales personnel about the 'Samsung SPD'. They wrote that they *never* programmed the modules with 'Samsung SPD'. They wrote that they have their own ID, but since it's not recognizable by CPU-Z, they didn't programmed their ID code in the SPD. It seems that CPU-Z only recognize most big names, e.g. Infineon, Micron, Samsung, etc.

Most probably another 3rd party bought the genuine AM modules and re-programmed them as 'Samsung SPD' :mad: That's another cheat from this eBay guy :mad:

I can't get anymore support from AM 'cuz the original label has been removed (warranty voided) by this 3rd party eBay guy for his profit/resell.

now our RMA fate is hanging on this shady guy from eBay :mad:

be careful!!!!!

Yes I learned my lesson. Fortunately I got ALL of my money back, but others have not been so lucky.

I gambled on a bargain and came up empty. Such is life. To soothe my bruised geek ego I just bought 2GB of Corsair XMS Platinum PC4000. I finally have my 2GB of RAM, albeit at more than double the cost. But then again, you (usually) get what you pay for. ;)

They have supposedly shipped me Advance replacements for the NCP today.
I'll believe it when I see and boot it. Could have them Saturday but doubtful since "shipped today" basically means they just printed the label - they didn't bother to give me the USPS tracking number.

By the way, this thread is now the most viewed on [H]otdeals and third most replies.
I wish the OP could be nudged to warn off others on the first post...

Hey look at these, almost the same thing & price but not the stubby little BGA chips?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1081804&p_id=2245&seq=1&format=2&style=
then look here, it's the same part # printed on those sticks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6807585304
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6819585233
Advance Modules ref : AM1GD16A7C-N-PC3200.
notice how the AM spec says they are CL3 not CL2.5

Monoprice has a very high reseller rating, so might be a more worthy source, even if it costs $10+ more:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5664.html

Other resellers with same part #:
http://www.linemicro.com/product.php?id=13274

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
minimum CL for PC3200 is CL3. this is the most cases on all ram. PC2100/2700 has CL2.5 standard.

those labelled as CL2.5 for PC3200 is just to increase the bandwidth/performance.

cybpsych said:
minimum CL for PC3200 is CL3. this is the most cases on all ram. PC2100/2700 has CL2.5 standard.

those labelled as CL2.5 for PC3200 is just to increase the bandwidth/performance.

Huh? Can you explain further are you just looking at low-end RAM? Because I don't believe that's true at all. There is lots of CL2 and CL2.5 rated PC3200 (and higher) modules that are detected and run as such in the boards I've used and seen. I have 2x 512MB Corsair ValueRAM PC3200 rated at CL2.5 and it detects ands runs at CL2.5. I see lots of high end CL2.5 and even CL2 rated 1GB sticks too. My new 2GB kit of Corsair XMS is rated CL3 at PC4000, but runs fine at CL2.5 @ PC3200. I haven't tried CL2 yet but it's such high quality RAM that I expect it to work.

Typically, for a given chip speed, latency increases as capacity and/or bandwidth increases, but if you use faster chips to compensate then latency should remain low.

I'm curious if anyone who got the NCP DIMMS have managed to get them to work in any motherboard.

Still trying to work out a refund, unfortunately the seller isn't responding to email. Hoping the Paypal dispute process will help me out.

The Advance Modules BGA type memory from him run fine up to ~ 210 MHz with 2-3-2-5 timings in my UltraD. Not bad. His service leaves quite a bit to be desired, as I am still waiting for him to send me another 2 GB of the Advance Modules. This will be the 4th time he has sent memory to me. LOL. Oh well, even with me having to resend them back, 4 GB for $240 is not bad. Would I have done this if I knew the level of service, no.

doh! It doesn't work witht he asus a8n vm csm or my av8 kt800 pro chipset. What should I do now.... :(

anyone wanna buy it off me for 100 shipped for 2gigs. :confused:

gotkilled said:
doh! It doesn't work witht he asus a8n vm csm or my av8 kt800 pro chipset. What should I do now.... :(

anyone wanna buy it off me for 100 shipped for 2gigs. :confused:

Wait, the a8n vm csm is a 6150/430 chipset. The advance modules should work in there unless it's a bios issue. Or are you refering to the NCP they send first?

vibe said:
Wait, the a8n vm csm is a 6150/430 chipset. The advance modules should work in there unless it's a bios issue. Or are you refering to the NCP they send first?

I'm referring to the NCPs. I told them to send me the "uglies" but he didn't comply. Ugh...I don't know what to do. Should I ship them back and ask for the advance modules or just ask for a refund? Help
:confused:

I should have the advance modules to try in my 6100 on monday or tuesday. Should give you an indication if they will work.

If you can get a 100% refund there are other places to buy two AM sticks for around $125 so it wouldn't be a complete waste to get a refund. If you can't get a 100% refund, definitely ask for the AM chips.

Apparently it's physically impossible to get the AM chips the first time around. They just don't read, just don't care. They just print out the stickers from ebay/paypal, slap them on pre-packed orders and out they go. Then after a dozen emails afterwards you can supposedly get AM replacements.

For everyone else, I repeat, note there are now at least two other regular vendors with the AM sticks at good prices, there is no more need to order from ebay.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1081804&p_id=2245&seq=1&format=2&style=
http://www.linemicro.com/product.php?id=13274
It will cost you about $10 more on two sticks but well worth it since you can get the right part within a few days instead of stretching it out over 5-6 weeks to get what you ordered in the first place.

Those are totally different from the sticks that have been dubbed "Samsung Uglies".

At least on the first link.

I finally got my refund from him.
I knew about the refund, because paypal send me an e-mail to notify me.
Does the refund goes directly to my credit card or it's just sitting on my paypal account?

beyonddc said:
Does the refund goes directly to my credit card or it's just sitting on my paypal account?

How long did it take for you to get your refund? I sent him my RAM back a month ago, and I haven't gotten the money back. He hasn't replied to any of my e-mails either.

beyonddc said:
If you paid with a CC through PayPal, the refund goes back on your CC as a credit. If you paid by bank account, then I think it stays in your PayPal account.

evil204 said:
How long did it take for you to get your refund? I sent him my RAM back a month ago, and I haven't gotten the money back. He hasn't replied to any of my e-mails either.

I requested my refund on 10-5-05. It took over a month, and I constantly send a friendly reminder to him about once a week.

beyonddc said:
I requested my refund on 10-5-05. It took over a month, and I constantly send a friendly reminder to him about once a week.

i emailed the seller and he still has not responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back