1gb ddr pc 3200 $45 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
vibe said:
...Are you using a 939 board? Have you attempted dual channel on the NCPs? You mentioned the sticks had slightly different chip numbers so that might be a problem in your case. Mine are virtually identical but that's no guarantee either as the memory controller on the cpu can be picky.

s754 and yes my stick model #'s are different so it probably wouldn't work for me anyway.

I bit, bought 2 ... I'll inform ya'll if they work on the DFI nF4 Infinity :) ... here's crossing my fingers !

Iria said:
I bit, bought 2 ... I'll inform ya'll if they work on the DFI nF4 Infinity :) ... here's crossing my fingers !

oh gawd, not from fastmemoryman right? You mean the ncp's from the other auction?
We already know the higher end chipsets from nvidia do high density ram if the bios maker is up to date (nforce4 nforce3 & 410/430)

A question for 'Dew itt right' - When you initially posted about your NCP memory modules you posted two part numbers and were unsure on what they actually were. Could you confirm the partnumbers? You mentioned partnumbers of NC00437 and/or NC00470.
The ones I received were NC00439.

Thanks!

awdorrin said:
A question for 'Dew itt right' - When you initially posted about your NCP memory modules you posted two part numbers and were unsure on what they actually were. Could you confirm the partnumbers? You mentioned partnumbers of NC00437 and/or NC00470.
The ones I received were NC00439.

Thanks!

Yes the model numbers are correct. I doubled checked them originally when I saw it was different from the 439 model previously mentioned in the thread.

I'm interested in any dual channel reports on the NCP.
I'll know/post about the advance modules later tonight...

what other auction? are you telling me the ones from fastmemmoryman wont work? ... I've seen different posts on here, it seems the majority of his are working just fine, so i took the risk for that price... hence crossing my fingers :)

think I need ramsinks for the high density ram?

I am pleased to report the advance modules are now running in my tforce 6100-939 in DUAL CHANNEL with an x2 3800.

More testing and oc reports as I let it burn in a little bit.

AND DAMN THIS IS FAST, lol. Well more actually smoooooth.
(this is coming from a 3700+ 754pin previously)

Finally got my 3rd RMA's set back from them. Guess what, it was not the memory I ordered, again. I included photos in the last RMA. LOL. The first set was memory that wouldn't work in my board, the second set was PC2700 where only 1 of the sticks would actually boot. Now I get this set in, and while both of them boot, 1 gives me consistent errors in Memtest. This is the worst quality memory I have ever witnessed. Please do not waste money on these.

PLEASE HELP

Would someone be so kind as to sending me his address or the address where you returned your RMA'd sticks of ram?

Please?

Thanks in advance! :)

Starfox said:
Would someone be so kind as to sending me his address or the address where you returned your RMA'd sticks of ram?

You best get "authorization" before sending back an RMA
and definitely use tracking or you will regret it in the end.
I complained enough to get a free return label from them.

If you are talking about fastmemoryman, this is the label address:
ELECTROMART LTD (WWWEMARTBUYCOM)
FASTMEMORYMAN
6740 HUNTLEY RD STE 101
COLUMBUS OH 43229-1037

and this is all I have on them:
ebay names: fastmemoryman, sarafatl

fastmemoryman =at= sbcglobal.net
paypalusa =at= emartbuy.com
sarafchirag =at= blueyonder.co.uk

whois in for on emartbuy.com:
Komputer Solutions
Chetan Saraf
168 W 9th Ave
Columbus, OH 43201
614-589-8253
sarafchirag =at= blueyonder.co.uk

emartbuy.com:
6740 Huntley Road
Suite 101
Columbus,OHIO 43229

vibe: Thanks for the info. I called that phone number, and it turned out to be fastmemoryman's. I got him to give me a full refund :cool:
Apparently, in october they changed the subject line for the RAM from RMA D1 to RMA D2, so all my e-mails have been "going to the wrong department."

evil204 said:
vibe: Thanks for the info. I called that phone number, and it turned out to be fastmemoryman's. I got him to give me a full refund :cool:

Ha, I am dying to know if he had a british, australian or asian accent?
Glad to hear that little detective work helped!

My dispute via PayPal is going nowhere fast. PayPal requested 'unbiased third party documentation' from me - after calling to verify what they meant by that, I asked a computer support person that works for the same company as I do if he could write something up. He did and PayPal rejected it (after the CSR told me it should be fine.) There aren't too many computer stored in the area that I live, but one I called told me they could write something up once I provided them with documentation, but would charge me $25, something I can't get refunded.

Really ticks me off that this guy can basically get away with deceptive practices and neither Ebay nor PayPal care at all.

evil204 - post back if you actually do get a refund from this guy

awdorrin said:
My dispute via PayPal is going nowhere fast. PayPal requested 'unbiased third party documentation' from me - after calling to verify what they meant by that, I asked a computer support person that works for the same company as I do if he could write something up. He did and PayPal rejected it (after the CSR told me it should be fine.) There aren't too many computer stored in the area that I live, but one I called told me they could write something up once I provided them with documentation, but would charge me $25, something I can't get refunded.

Really ticks me off that this guy can basically get away with deceptive practices and neither Ebay nor PayPal care at all.

evil204 - post back if you actually do get a refund from this guy

I got the refund. He sent me the money while I was on the phone with him :-P

Hello !!!

I have found a way to activate the faulty 1gb´s sticks.

THIS I HAVE ONLY Tried on Advance Modules

The SPD data is corrupted or wrong programmed !!!

How did i get to this conclusion...

I did buy memory from ebay.. cheap 2x1gb sticks... they did not work right... only as 512mb sticks. Did some benchmarking, overcloking of my AMD64 System.. but still no 2x1024 ram.

Until i found the answer in this forum, this thread...

As many have been posting they SPD data.
Googled a half day for a SPD reprogrammer.. and was only finding hardware reprogrammers.. until i found a russian site :)
Thaiphoon Burner v1.0.0.3 build 1119 @ http://cbid.amdclub.ru/

This is a real nice software enabling to edit the SPD tru software mode in Windows.
(I did this in Windows XP Pro SP2)

And finding post of working 1024 SPD data i just edited after that, also in editor i says what values you are chanhing...
and i belive that is not chipset or bios fault memory does not work.
Due to that it was not woking om my ECS nforce4-s939 mobo...

The mini how to:

Download the software! it trial for 15 days.
(Pleas REGISTER this software, new version comming out soon)
Unpack to any folder
Start the software.

Go to EEPROM
Choose: Emulation mode

Go to EEPROM
Choose Read Device at 50h <-- this value may vary on your computer and what memory module you choose.

No the software reads the memory SPD in to the dump,
No save a backup :D

3:
File
Save Dump as ...
name as original (or what ever you feel like)

4:GO to View Details
See the Module bank density : 512mb

ok.. so far no thing has been changed to you memory, next step is the fun part.

I will upload the working settings i have, i did upload them to both my memory modules !

Not mutch to explain, just change the values that are different on your SPD data

thaiphoon.jpg

SMB Dump from address $50 --> <RAM> (SMBus at $1C00) (No error)
00: 80 08 07 0D 0C 01 40 00 04 50 50 00 82 08 00 01 [email protected].....
10: 0E 04 1C 01 02 20 00 60 50 75 50 3C 28 3C 28 01 ..... .`PuP<(<(.
20: 60 60 40 40 00 00 00 00 00 37 41 28 28 50 00 00 ``@@.....7A((P..
30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF ................
40: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
60: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
C0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
D0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
E0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Right after you have edited the SPD table, go to View Details
See the Module bank density : 1GB <-- yes this should be seen !!

5: Go to EEPROM
uncheck Emulation mode

6: Go to EEPROM
Fix Checksum

7: Go to EEPROM
Choose Full Rewrite

Thats IT!
Reboot Check bios !!! :)

Just try on one stick at the time, just in case :D
Allso if you have to pairs no workin together, do one at the time and then try em out together. cus one stick may have bad spd and other good, so they dont work, ie craches and dont post when booting.

Gonna upload the pictures and settings files for more easy editing..

This is for the Advance modules 1GB Sticks.. but this will work on other brands.

Working file

Original file

Pleas post results !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for bad english and massive misspeling !

EDIT 1
Just notices, you must power off system for memory/bios to read SPD values !!!

And i dont take responsibility if you do damage your system. !!!!

Too bad, I returned my stick already. :(
Glad that someone found a work around for it though.

This is scary in that I can see some ebay vendors and elsewhere abusing it to copy SPD info from more expensive high performance ram to generic ram.

But good to know that you can "fix" bad spd info for motherboard that require it.

I am curious in hindsight if there is any advantage to the BGA package vs the regular long style on my sticks. I seem to be able to run my sticks at 2.5-3-3-7 @ 224mhz with 2.9volts, up to 230mhz with 3-3-3-8.

Stock 200mhz will run 2-3-3-6 with 2.9volts too but you lose too much bandwidth.

Dual channel is rock stable. One day I hope to have a pci-e video card so I can see what kind of lag the onboard video is adding. Can't complain about 34.8 sec 1M superpi with them though.

Now I need to better use the 2GB. I got a flexible ramdisk driver that resizes dynamically and enabled windows LargeSystemCache and DisablePagingExecutive. Any other little tweaks I might be missing?

Aronj66 said:
Awsome dude!! It works great!!! It fixed my uglies..

;-) happy to help !!

Pleas make SPD dumps of all memory.

Write down Brand Speed and Timings.

This is just for studie, just in case there is room to actualy do some timing tweeking.
Was reading that is it fully possible to convert a pc3200 memory to pc4000
BH-5 and other more clockeble memory...
not the cheap stuff.. :D, but some timing tweking can be done on cheap memory.

Gonna do a SPD archive !!

vibe said:
This is scary in that I can see some ebay vendors and elsewhere abusing it to copy SPD info from more expensive high performance ram to generic ram.

But good to know that you can "fix" bad spd info for motherboard that require it.

Not all SPD data works on different memory, and always you can look at the chips to veryfy original speeds and timings.. PDF from vendors are always welcom.

I have done some more chanching on my memory and it just died :D
Then why the happy faces :D
Well, it just the SPD that is bad.. nothing else.. how to repair this if it dont boot.

Well, do be lazy, build a i2c programmer :D.

The most eazy is actually = Eazyi2c programmer

easyI2Cbus.gif

And whit Pony programmer you can restore the SPD
http://www.lancos.com/prog.html

Here is the how-to in frendly russian languare, just translate with babefish :D
http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/18443.shtml

Gigge, I dub you the Google-master of the year. Great work. Oh, and if I wasn't straight I would bloody well marry the russian guy who wrote the Thaiphoon program.

I just reprogrammed the SPD's on my two AM sticks (non-uglies, the rectangular sticks). They had the exact same original SPD as Gigge's sticks so I just used Gigge's working dumps when I reprogrammed them.

I'm now running 2x1024 (400) in dual channel on an Asrock Dual-Sata II board (where I could only do 2x512 earlier), using original 1.50 bios. So far it works like a charm, going to stress them in memtest etc before my final verdict but it's still a huge leap forward having them recognized as 2x1024. With the new SPD's the bios also recognizes the default timings (3-3-3-8) and frequency (400) too.

Btw, that Thaiphoon program is still in beta and it has limited support for southbridges. I couldn't get the program to read SPD's on my Asrock Dual-sata nor my Asrock K7S8E+. However, I went through my things and found an old K7T266 board with VIA 8233 SB and that did the trick. Used that board to read and reprogram the sticks then put them back on my Dual-Sata.

If you use the Thaiphoon program I encourage you to register the product, it's an awesome little hack and he definitely deserves the credit.

Good luck guys

If you scroll back a few pages those AM is what I have from the ebay vendor and they work fine up to 225mhz if you can put alot of volts into them (2.9v) and have a nvidia nforce4 or 6100/6150 mobo.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028617518#post1028617518

Oh wait, apparently AM has now added another brand "hynix elixir"? Weird. Be careful. Their faq:
I received a memory from linemicro.com that say Elixir but I want Advance Module . Is there is any difference in manufacturer? Both Elixir and advance Modules have the same warranty policy and have been in business for quite a while. Also, both Advance Modules and Elixer modules have the same performance rating

i cant really say what mem are good or bad.. :)

i have allways have had good experience whit memory chips of brand Elixir..

Right now i am doing more experiments whit thypoon :D

I hav 2x512 NCP PC3200 memory Runnig as PC3700 = DDR 233 / 466
After some tweking of the momory timings whit thypoon i can use them as DDR240 / 480

I have done 9h of Prime95 and Endless memtest86+ runs.. no errors :D
Only thing that finding the right timings take loooong time..
as i cant find any info on the NCP chips.. PDF data cheet is what i look for.

Both NCP and Advanced Memory modules has been a real surprice, they both clock really good and @ 2.71v i dont think they get so hot...

Gonna do the timing tweeks on the Advance Modules 1XGB sticks..
nice feeling to have 2gb ram runnig in DDR480 .. for the low cost of this mem i cant complain :D

The NCP@472
NCP3700.jpg

The NCP@480
NCP480.jpg

Sandra....
sandra480.jpg

Your timing and benchmarks are for 512mb low density ram?
They would not be any indication of performance for high density memory even from the same manufacturer.

SPD is meaningless for motherboards that can set their own timing.
The advance modules high density can go to 225mhz (ddr450, pc3500?) at 2.5-3-3-7 timings. I can't make them go higher at that timing but I only have onboard video for now so that may be holding it back. Onboard video also forced me to use 2T. Setting 3-3-3-8 is noticably slower on superpi, etc.

vibe said:
Your timing and benchmarks are for 512mb low density ram?
They would not be any indication of performance for high density memory even from the same manufacturer.

SPD is meaningless for motherboards that can set their own timing.
The advance modules high density can go to 225mhz (ddr450, pc3500?) at 2.5-3-3-7 timings. I can't make them go higher at that timing but I only have onboard video for now so that may be holding it back. Onboard video also forced me to use 2T. Setting 3-3-3-8 is noticably slower on superpi, etc.

Cant really agree that it is meaningless for motherboards that can set their own timing.
Some timings cant be change via bios...

Can you change this values whit your bios ?

Cycle time at Max CAS Latency
Addr and CMD Input Setup Time Before Clock:
Addr and CMD Input Hold Time After Clock:
Data Input Setup Time Before Clock:
Data Input Hold Time After Clock:
Device Max device cycle time (tCKmax)
Max skew between DQS and DQ signals
Max Read Data Hold Skew Factor:

This are the values that make the memory function good or bad...
did this experiment whit this values..
main reason was if i change the memory speed to pc4000 i got so many errors in memtest86+ , errors in Prime95 ect
i dont have mutch info on the above values.. just what you get from data sheets..

Fixnig the above timings make a BIG different.

9h of Prime whit no error
7h of mem test whit no errors..
Overall peformance is better..

What CPU do you use ? and chipset ?

I Have AMD 64 Venice 3000+ CPU, ECS NFORCE4-S939 board..
Cant really sat that there is a differens on clocking the cpu over 2500mhz.. get same vaules on SuperPI, and other cpu bench software..
But cloking memory make better peformance on games and WINDOWS hehe..

Do you have shared memory with the onboard video card ? (well it must be that)
Problaly... dont you have a pci card so you can turn it off and experiment whit the ddr values ?

Yes this are "benchamarks" for 512 density memory.
gonna do some more reseach .. cant get it stable 2.5-3-3-7 only 2.5-3-3-8
Main reson that windows get kind og crazy if i set memory over 250Mhz.. memtest86+ works no problems.. booting windows ok.. but bench not allwas work, and som bench crached at this speeds..

So my goal is to get the memory stabel @ 2.5-3-3-7 250Mhz and goal to get memory speed over the 3gb/s in memtest.. 2986 right now..
Call me crazy.. but i have fallen for this at the moment..

Actually I *can* change most of those because I am using a Biostar tforce 6100-939 :)
I use a x2 3800 oc'ed to 2.6ghz core @ 1.392v.

Really the #1 answer to getting to 250mhz is voltage. I am using 2.9 volts right now on the AM and my next step is the bypass jumper that gives them 3.3 volts. That might be suicide on "value ram". Until I have a pci-e card to isolate the video ram, it's a moot point anyway.

vibe said:
Until I have a pci-e card to isolate the video ram, it's a mute point anyway.

I forget which member is is that has the "word1 != word2" in his sig, but this would be a perfect example of one. mute != moot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back