Don't kid yourself, you're gonna need it.
We really don't know; they compared a stock Titan X to a stock 1080. There is strong indication that the 1080 will continue the 980ti's tradition of great overclockability though.Based on current info an OC'd 980 Ti will match a stock clocked 1080 (Founder's Edition?).
Which means if we assume Pascal overclocks as good as Maxwell does, it will still end up 20-30% faster.
If history is any indication, the Ti variant is going to be another 60% faster on top of that. So if you wait another 6 months you'll (actually) potentially get double the performance.Anyone with 970 SLI setup tempted to upgrade to a single 1080? I wanted to wait until Pascal Ti, but if 1080 real life performance is 20% to 30% faster than 980 ti (which is roughly equivalent to 970 SLI setup) then I may upgrade early...
The original cost is irrelevant. If those benchmarks prove to be accurate, the value will be lost
no one in their right mind will be paying $500.00 for a 2nd hand card . I would go so far as to say that anyone looking to sell without taking a huge loss has probably already missed their window.
Eh. Your buyer's not really screwed over if they're happy with their purchase, which they will be for still a good part of this year, unlike us cave-dwellers on this forum that would be bothered by what's on the horizon. Anyway, nice flip!Nope, local.
I wouldn't screw over anybody on this forum. Not that I would even try...
No. Waiting for GP100 and HBM2.
And I have never sold any video card in my entire lifetime. I like collecting them.
If history is any indication, the Ti variant is going to be another 60% faster on top of that. So if you wait another 6 months you'll (actually) potentially get double the performance.