• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Xa3phod

  1. X

    5800x3d ram speed?

    I have 16GB of Flare X ram, 14,14,14,34. How does that look with a 5800X3D? I've had these for years, since I had the 1st gen Ryzen.
  2. X

    3070/6800? TI/XT?

    I returned the 6800XT and got a 6900XT. It was on a crazy sale on Newegg. That's my card for a couple years. Thinking of upgrading to a 4K 144hz monitor.
  3. X

    Is G.Skill Flaire still the best for Ryzen?

    I bought the G.Skill flaire X series (3200mhz 14-14-14-34) a few years ago for my Ryzen 1700. Now, I have a 5800X3D and I am still using that same ram. Is there better ram than the flair? The timing is super tight and I read that 3200 is the way to go with the Ryzen. I want the best since I have...
  4. X

    rx580 acting wonky

    Does the power draw look weird?
  5. X

    rx580 acting wonky

    Never did that before. I have no idea who made this card, it looks like a reference AMD card, but who knows? Checked and the bios version according to GPU-Z is a standard bios. Also the sticker on the GPU is all beat up, can't tell which manufacturer it is. I just checked the ebay posting and I...
  6. X

    rx580 acting wonky

    Bought a used RX580. It seems to work, windows is up and running. Can't seem to get any drivers I install to work. I installed the regular adrenaline drivers then I did the auto detect and it installed enterprise drivers. 3DMark says no compatible benchmarks found. The AMD software won't load...
  7. X

    5800X3D running slow

    No, it ran fine on the older bios, just wouldn't go over 3.4Ghz. Once I flashed it, worked perfectly. Just had to reset the pin on Windows.
  8. X

    5800X3D running slow

    Yeah, I'm an idiot. There was a bios update for Vermeer I never installed because I was using the 3900x. That solved it.
  9. X

    5800X3D running slow

    Just replace my 3900x with a 5800X3D. For some reason its not going over 3400Ghz, don't think its boosting. I know that is slow, the 3900x was around 4.4Ghz boosted. What setting did I miss. The ram is at 3200Ghz and running fine. No idea what to do. Thanks.
  10. X

    3070/6800? TI/XT?

    Well, I got the 6800XT. Huge difference! Userbenchmark: 3900x RTX2070: Gaming 116% Deskop 99% Workstation 132% RX6800XT Gaming 152% Desktop 99% Workstation 175% Timespy: RTX2070 Graphics score 9146 CPU Score 11692...
  11. X

    3070/6800? TI/XT?

    Thanks. I can always get the 5800X3D if I feel limited.
  12. X

    3070/6800? TI/XT?

    I just ordered the RX6800XT for $669 on Amazon. Should last me a two to three years. Got my RTX2070 in Feburary of 2019 and it served me well. Hope this does as well.
  13. X

    3070/6800? TI/XT?

    I see videos on Youtube comparing the 3070 to the 6700, but I thought the 6800 was the direct comparison. I feel hesitant to get the 3070 because it only has 8GB or ram, which will affect its long-term viability. I thought the 6800 was a 1440p card, but I see people saying the 6700 is. I...
  14. X

    Downgrade to upgrade?

    I think I am going to wait for the new Ryzen 4 to come out and pair it to a 4080.
  15. X

    Downgrade to upgrade?

    Play Mostly Planetside 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, Halo, trying to get into Cyperpunk 2077. Looking forward to Diablo 4. Witcher, etc.
Back
Top