Recent content by WJC05

  1. W

    What are the down sides to External Hard Drives?

    I have two 5tb externals and need more, thats my problem lol \
  2. W

    What are the down sides to External Hard Drives?

    I realistically only need enough to stream content over the network to my western digital tv box. Anything that would need some speed would be stored internally.
  3. W

    What are the down sides to External Hard Drives?

    I ran out of room in my case for internal hard drives and have two externals now. What is the disadvantage of buying a independently powered USB hub and just adding more storage that way. I just use the storage for TV shows/Movies etc. Is there any reason I couldnt just add say a 10 port usb...
  4. W

    Smart Test? Do they need immediately replaced?

    yes these are old drives, several years old, bought new. They have been in my system for a while, was just seeing if I needed to go ahead and replace them immediately with a new drive.
  5. W

    Smart Test? Do they need immediately replaced?

    Needing someone to tell me about these results. Are they bad, should I go ahead and replace? Data is backed up.
  6. W

    How do you backup your blu-ray backups?

    I have ripped all my blu-rays onto my computer hard drives. I spent a ton of time getting them all ripped and backed up. What do you use or what is the best way to backup these so I dont have to rip them again if something happens? Just a mirror drive or is there a better way? Thanks
  7. W

    Printer printing lines down my pictures (example inside)

    I have an Epson Workforce WF-7520 and Ive printed literally hundreds of photos with no problem, now every picture I print has little white lines down it. Ive done a nozzle check, cleaned the print head and aligned the print head. Ive also messed around with all different combinations of...
  8. W

    Will an upgrade really help me?

    My current video card is a XFX HD-677X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5. I dont play any games, the only thing I do is play large 1080p movies, usually ripped down to around 30-40 GB or so. I play them over a 55 inch 1080p LCD TV. What Id like to know is if Id notice anything upgrading...
  9. W

    Need Ram Suggestions.

    Right now I have the ASUS P9x79 Pro motherboard which has the 8 ram slots. Right now I have 4X4GB of this ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145346. I was originally going to add another 4X4GB and have 32GB of ram but now Im possibly thinking about going with the...
  10. W

    Want to run two monitors!

    Well here is my current specs: Intel i7 3930K Asus P9x79 Pro 16GB Corsair Ram XFX HD-677X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 Video Card
  11. W

    Want to run two monitors!

    Im a newb when it comes to video cards and displays and all that. I never really got much into it, but now Im starting to think i might want to try. Right now my computer he is hooked up to a 55" LCD HDTV and I work from that and use it to watch movies. However when Im watching movies my...
  12. W

    3930k @ 4.2, 1.2 vcore stable... normal?

    My 3930k did 4.2 @ 1.2v with the H100 and also never hit 70C but my house is like an ice box lol Had to go to 1.4v to get 4.6 stable tho.
  13. W

    Do I need 3930k over a 3770k?

    Yes but once I get it on a regular hard drive and start wanting to edit it, then Im stuck with the slower HD again. It seems like the SSD is taking much less time than if I had done all of that on a regular Hard Drive.
  14. W

    Do I need 3930k over a 3770k?

    Well after having it up and running a while Im glad I went with the 3930k and glad you guys talked me into the SSD. Have the 3930K overclocked to 4.6Ghz, it would probably go more but I dont really need more. Im using the SSD to rip the blu-rays too and all the iso and raring from the SSD and...
  15. W

    Do I need 3930k over a 3770k?

    Well guys I went ahead and made the 3 hour trip to Microcenter :) Picked up i7 3930K, P9x79 Pro Mobo, 16GB Ram, and a 256GB SSD Drive to hold my operating system. Also picked up a H100 to cool the processor. Installing windows now. I feel like a kid at christmas :)
Back
Top