Right now I have the ASUS P9x79 Pro motherboard which has the 8 ram slots. Right now I have 4X4GB of this ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145346.
I was originally going to add another 4X4GB and have 32GB of ram but now Im possibly thinking about going with the same ram 4X8GB and keeping my 4X4GB in there as well. What I want to know is if there is any reason I shouldnt mix different sizes of ram since I would have 4x4 and 4x8 in there. Would it be better to just go 8x4GB instead?
I was originally going to add another 4X4GB and have 32GB of ram but now Im possibly thinking about going with the same ram 4X8GB and keeping my 4X4GB in there as well. What I want to know is if there is any reason I shouldnt mix different sizes of ram since I would have 4x4 and 4x8 in there. Would it be better to just go 8x4GB instead?