Recent content by Trevor

  1. T

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    Still running 4.6GHz here after a week. Zero issues. The 4.6GHz preset runs the 2600k at 1.40-1.41v peak so Prime95 puts the chip in the low 80's. I'm OK with it...since IB was released this 2600k has become disposable. If it dies it'll be a forced upgrade. :p With the fans pulled WAY back...
  2. T

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/img20110628210920.jpg You have to take a tiny bit of material (?1/16"?) off of one end of one of the adjustable mounts (the rounded end closest to the CPU). Once you mock it up you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
  3. T

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    AXP-140 works fine on this board. You have to grind off just a tiny bit of the backplate. The MSATA isn't the issue (it barely clears) but there's a small chip next to it that gets into the backplate's personal space. On the topside there's a cap right next to the PCI-Ex slot that I'm sure is...
  4. T

    Asrock z77 itx is out

    I'm going to be swapping my ASRock Z68 for the Z77 here later tonight. I have an AXP-140 so we'll see how it goes. I'll report back.
  5. T

    Silverstone SG08 @ Computex

    I had strange chirps out of my SG07's power supply for like a week or two (started about a month after I got it) then they went away. Quiet as a mouse for months now. GTX590 and a OC'ed 2600k so I'm leaning on it hard.
  6. T

    Games you wish you didn't have on steam: Why did I buy that gaaame!?

    Far Cry 2. Absolutely not engaging for me.
  7. T

    My GTX 590 is bottlenecking my system

    OK...single slot was a misnomer. Single card. 8XAA - Everything else pegged. 8XQ, 16X, and 16XQ aren't quite responsive enough to play with everything pegged.
  8. T

    My GTX 590 is bottlenecking my system

    The 590 is a perfect substitute for both when you're after a quiet single slot solution. And besides...this surely isn't normal 590 performance. Mine chews right thru Crysis (and everything else for that matter) at 2560x1600. I can't imagine how easy it would have things at 1600x900.
  9. T

    AXP-140 Fans

    My SYSTIN runs at 34C at idle and 44C in CPUID Hardware Monitor while gaming with both the 180 & 140mm fans running at <80%. Occasionally I'll see 47C in a marathon session of Crysis or something similar. I have a duct I made to exhaust the 590's front GPU's heat so it doesn't build up in the...
  10. T

    SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

    I'm running a 140mm fan on an AXP-140 with a drive in the 3.5" bay. I'm using a 90* SATA cable. It's a tight fit but it works A-OK once you get it it all wedged in there.
  11. T

    AXP-140 Fans

    I know quite a few people run AXP-140's on small form factor systems so I figured I would share my experience with the fans I've tried on my AXP-140 2600k @ 4.3GHz on a ASRock Z68 in a SG07 case. AXP-140 Stock Fan - Since it's not PWM and locked at full speed I didn't even bother. I'm...
  12. T

    BF3 @ 2560x1600 Ultra Preset Multiplayer FAIL

    This. My single 590 blasts thru BF3 at 2560x1600 at Ultra...just disable deferred AA and run post. Deferred AA is a completely unnecessary (at 2560x1600) resource hog.
  13. T

    ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT

    A few minutes at 4.3GHz? That's pretty good. I'm still on about 50 seconds with the Enzotech heatsinks. Games are no problem though, just like you said.
Back
Top