Usually when switching between limited and full I have to adjust brightness to get black as black as possible. For example, I can put brightness higher on full before it starts washing out blacks. The same brightness setting on limited will make everything very washed out, and so I have to lower...
I had a single drive shipped to me in a bubble envelope... but the drive was already in a box with a plastic cage, and the cage was slightly out of shape when it arrived. This drive was shipped from Pennsylvania.
Can your TV output or passthrough 5.1? I was under the impression that HDTVs can only output 2.0 out of optical.
If you go with a DAC (optical to analog), you still need a method to control the volume, such as a headphone amp with a volume control. You'll blast your ears otherwise.
If...
Could you list the bitrates of your files? Compare a CD to FLAC (or CD to WAV to FLAC) file with your WMA-L to FLAC file if there are any size/bitrate differences. Both the FLAC files should have a similar bitrate. Use foobar to compare the bitrate, not your portable players.
I played around with the new retina MBPs and I wasn't observing 1:1 pixel mapping at default 1440 x 900 and the other four you can set, short of trying an external program to set the resolution manually. I used this as the test.
I'm reading that boot camp isn't much better, quoting "a blurry...
Same experience here. I have RMA'd my 500W PSU a while back and have noticed that all the crickets (from mouse scrolling) have disappeared with the replacement as well.
Screenshot clarification:
If you're suggesting that no sound ever comes out of your laptop while it's on AC power, then I don't know, it might be an internal hardware issue.
If you haven't tried setting the primary timings manually, I would do that (9-9-9-24-2T), and put the RAM voltage to slightly above 1.5V.
Also, what slots did you install your RAM into?
Just be aware of potentially damaging the polarizer/screen when cleaning with water... like what happened to this poor guy: http://www.overclock.net/t/1230911/removing-the-anti-glare-coating-on-u2711/
Usually I was able to toggle between uncalibrated and calibrated by clicking the checkbox on "Use my settings for this device," but ever since I reinstalled Windows it doesn't toggle and stays calibrated. If I reactivate ATI's color control then it's able to return to uncalibrated, and if I go...
This issue reminded me of my bad experience with a laptop and Nvidia 8400GS. Powermizer would freeze up the system like your problem every time the core clock changes.
Intel wireless cards (5x00 was the most recent I tested) are also not free from the problem, though the latency isn't that...