Recent content by MiamiBigAL

  1. M

    Would I need to upgrade?

    I have one of those "craptacular" PSUs that I had bought a long time ago without ever really knowing what I was buying. It is the PowMax (Demon) 580W PSU. What I want to know is if it is good enough to run a new graphics card I want to buy. My System Specs: AMD Athlon XP 3200 1GB...
  2. M

    Bottlenecked?

    One more thing. Will I see much increase in frames per second if I run the game in just 800x600, all settings low, and in DX8.1? I'm more interested in FPS than eye candy, which is why I'm asking.
  3. M

    Bottlenecked?

    Yeah that's what I mean. Thanks for the input guys!
  4. M

    Bottlenecked?

    You mean not bottlenecked in that I used the wrong term or that it's alright to get the graphics card above?
  5. M

    Bottlenecked?

    I am wondering whether to upgrade from a 9800 pro to a x850xt. Is the X850xt too powerful for my cpu? Should I get the X850 pro instead? The main game I play is CS:Source. My System: AMD Athlon 3200 (socket A) 1GB Corsair ValueRAM Any Feeback much appreciated!
  6. M

    Need Advice on whether to upgrade

    My current system specs: AMD Athlon 3200 (Socket A) 512mb x 2 CORSAIR ValueRAM ATI 9800 Pro I am considering upgrading to an x850xt or 7800GS, but I am not sure whether it is worth it. The site where I am looking to buy them from is here...
  7. M

    Need Advice on whether to upgrade

    My current system specs: AMD Athlon 3200 (Socket A) 512mb x 2 CORSAIR ValueRAM ATI 9800 Pro I am considering upgrading to an x850xt or 7800GS, but I am not sure whether it is worth it. The site where I am looking to buy them from is here...
  8. M

    Which is the best LCD Monitor out of these. . . ..

    If you're a good fps gamer, you will notice ghosting/blurring on the VX922 right away as compared to a CRT, but at least it's no worse than any other LCD.
  9. M

    Question about running lcd's under native

    yes you can, but the image quality will be substantially less/blurry
  10. M

    LCD, ghosting and "hardcore gamers"

    SEDs are a year away, at least. If you need a display it's asking much by saying wait a little while.
  11. M

    LCD, ghosting and "hardcore gamers"

    I can tell you right now that it's not just "in our heads". I have a 2ms monitor, which should effectively allow 500fps, and yet there is still a noticeable delay. I know it seems absurd to think you can tell the difference between 500fps and lower, but I doubt the response time is consistent...
  12. M

    Feedback on Low Response Time LCD Monitors

    I went ahead and bought a Viewsonic VX922 2ms response time monitor because I'm an avid FPS gamer and I've been reading about people seeing no ghosting at 4ms. So I figured at 2ms it should "eliminate ghosting", as Viewsonic claims. However, I notice an incredible difference between this...
  13. M

    Corsair Value-Select PC3200 DDR 400 RAM

    Went ahead and got them as from everyone else they seemed fine for the price. I also managed to run them at cas 2 but it was unstable unless I underclocked it slightly.
  14. M

    Corsair Value-Select PC3200 DDR 400 RAM

    Is it good? Is it fast? Does it overclock well, etc etc. I'm in the UK and it's on sale at the moment and was wondering if I should get it. Been seeing some mixed reviews but no one who's actually quoted any figures. Would appreciate any feedback from those who have them. Alex
  15. M

    Abit VIA KT333 mobo

    I bought an AMD barton 3200+ 400mhz fsb cpu for my Abit VIA KT333 mobo without realizing that the mobo apparently only supports up to a 266mhz fsb. Yeah, really stupid, don't rub it in cause someone told me it would support it ;-(. Right now I am running the processor at 150mhz FSB (i.e. 300...
Back
Top