• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Feedback on Low Response Time LCD Monitors

MiamiBigAL

n00b
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
15
I went ahead and bought a Viewsonic VX922 2ms response time monitor because I'm an avid FPS gamer and I've been reading about people seeing no ghosting at 4ms. So I figured at 2ms it should "eliminate ghosting", as Viewsonic claims.

However, I notice an incredible difference between this supposedly fastest LCD monitor and any old CRT monitor I might be able to dig up in my attic. There IS ghosting and there definitely is blurring, and it's painfully obvious to me. Does anyone else have this monitor or any other of these fast response time monitors and also notice this? I don't think my monitor is broken because i had previously bought a Samsung 930B 4ms monitor and there was ghosting/blurring on that one so I sent it back and got this one.
 
Some people notice ghosting more than others. Lucky for me, it doesn't bother me with my LCD, but you might want to ditch yours and get a nice CRT.
 
I have the vx924, which is 1ms slower and really I see only improvement over my CRT. I see NO Ghosting, and the games are much brighter, with vivid colors. Strange, perhaps it's a matter of personal taste/perception?
 
I used to own two 2005fpws 12ms and a 2405fpw 16ms and I noticed ghosting right away on both monitors.... it wasn't EXTREMELY bad, but enough for me to switch back to my 19" crt.
 
I bought a Samsung 940B (8ms) and noticed blurring. There wasn't a ton, but enough to bug me... sold it and got a FW900.

BTW, out of curiosity, what length cables are you using?
 
MS5 said:
I have the vx924, which is 1ms slower and really I see only improvement over my CRT. I see NO Ghosting, and the games are much brighter, with vivid colors. Strange, perhaps it's a matter of personal taste/perception?

QFT...

I see nothing on the VX924 either, great Display IMO.. better than my old 21" CTR in every way
 
I think one thing that may affect perception of ghosting/blurring is where one focuses when playing the game. In my week with the 940B, at certain times I didn't notice ghosting at all, while at other times it was slightly disorienting, even when I wasn't looking for it. This probably has something to do with whether you're following action with your eyes or with your mouse. It isn't clear to me exactly how this works (if there's really anything to it; I can't really test it myself), but I think it might be something like looking at a bunch of ants on the ground; if you focus on one ant, you can't really tell where the others are and how many are there. But if you focus on one spot on the ground, you can see all of the ants and probably count them too.
 
Back
Top