• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would I need to upgrade?

MiamiBigAL

n00b
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
15
I have one of those "craptacular" PSUs that I had bought a long time ago without ever really knowing what I was buying. It is the PowMax (Demon) 580W PSU. What I want to know is if it is good enough to run a new graphics card I want to buy.

My System Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200
1GB Corsair ValueRAM
ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
1 x SATA HD
1 x ATA HD
1 x DVD rom
1 x CD/RW
1 x FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
4 x Case Fans

Everything running fine now for about a year, but would it be safe to upgrade to an X850XT AGP Card? I'd rather not dish out on a new PSU if I don't have to.

Any feedback much appreciated!
 
You probably don't HAVE to upgrade the PSU, but I would anyway. You never know when it will crap out and take other hardware with it...
 
Back
Top