• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Jeepers

  1. J

    Why Wide Screen and Best 20.1" for Gaming

    Sorry to start a new thread, but I've been doing so much reading and research that my head is spinning some. It looks like Wide Screen is the fad these days, but I don't know why I would want it. I do not watch movies on my PC. Setting up two windows on a wide screen looks like too much work...
  2. J

    Celeron 2.4 or P4 1.8

    Good for you. I ran Super Pi Mod1.4 on each. The 2.4 Cel did it in 2m 11.5sec and the 1.8 P4 did it in 1m 31.7sec. My main box with a p4 2.8c did it in 50.266sec. Who's a SuperPi know it all. Is the roughly 40 second difference significant. I might run something else as well.
  3. J

    Celeron 2.4 or P4 1.8

    Putting the service tag numbers into Dell's website and hitting original config, I get this: P4 1.8 machine PROCESSOR, 80532, 1.8G, 512K, 400, SOCKET N, C1 Cel 2.4 machine PROCESSOR, 80531, 2.4G, 128K, 400, CELERON, DECISION ONE So, are we saying that the 600Mhz advantage in clock...
  4. J

    Celeron 2.4 or P4 1.8

    I've got a choice between two Dell boxes to be my new server box (2k3 standard). One has a celeron 2.4 and the other has a pentium4 1.8. I'm pretty sure the 2.4 is on a 533 fsb and the 1.8 is on a 400 fsb. Either comes with 512 ram at 266. Which of these would you go with? Is the 1.8 faster...
  5. J

    AMD 4x4 and Gaming

    Well aint that some interesting news. Only a matter of time. dah. But, I'm confused and concerned. And a little uneducated so help me out here. I've been saving up for a new build and am just about ready to do it. I'm going to wait now until the end of July or August at this point so I...
  6. J

    FS: P4 2.8B and Bonus RAM ************************

    I've got a P4 2.8B processor I'm fidna sell on Ebay, but thought I'd post here first. It's a B so its 533 FSB. Northwood core and socket 478. Includes retail heatsink/fan. I'd like to get $100 for it and if so, I'll throw in the bonus ram below. The Bonus Ram is 512mb Patriot Signature...
  7. J

    Mixing Sticks With DIfferent CAS???

    Have a Sony desktop with a gig of ram. Running mem test, i find that one of the 512 sticks is bad. It is CL3. I have a replacement stick that says it is CL2.5. I can go back and get a different stick, but do I need to. What are the ramifications of having two sticks with different CL's...
  8. J

    Dell Dimension XPS 400 Evaluation @ [H]

    Did anyone really expect anything different. I seldom tell people to get a Dell and for many of the same reasons mentioned. If your not going to get the CD's, might as well get a HP. I've had pretty good luck with the HP stuff. Too bad Dell just doesn't allow you to pick the bloatware as...
  9. J

    Weird Memory / Page File Issue

    Never freakn mind. Posted too soon. It was freakn Zone Alarm. UNinstalled it. All fixed up. :rolleyes:
  10. J

    Weird Memory / Page File Issue

    Computer takes forever to boot up. Hard drive goes crazy the hard time. What we know: Gateway PC, Intel board, P4 2.8, 2x256 PC2700 RAM, XP Home SP2, 160GB HD Bios recognizes the two sticks of RAM Computer/Properties - reflects the 512 RAM Virtual Memory setting set to System Managed...
  11. J

    How does one dual boot windows operating systems?

    Helpful, thank you. Does it matter in which order you install the OS? I am going to do a dual boot using XP Pro and Server 2003 Enterprise.
  12. J

    XBox 360 vs Your PC

    Yes, it eats your 9800's lunch. Yes, it eats most of our PC's lunch as well. Well, except for you who are eating noodles why playing on the most current crap out there. By the time the software/games come out to take advantage of the full potential of this gaming console, PC's will have...
  13. J

    Maybe time for a couple upgrades? Opinions?

    OK, wanted to build a new box, but it just aint gonna happen right now. Damn budget won't allow it. But I may be able to squeeze out a few upgrades. This is what I have right now. Shuttle SB75S 875chipset P4 2.8 Northwood Core 1GB Corsair VS PC3200 Leadtek 6600GT AGP 40GB 2MB Cache...
  14. J

    2000 to 2003 question

    I have a server 2000 with exchange (5.5? i think). Something has happened and the OS won't boot. Been messing with different things to fix it. That's not the point though. They have a tape back up of the server. They do not have their 2000 cd. May end up doing a reload and restore from the...
  15. J

    Use File and Settings Transfer Wizard to do a BACKUP?

    I am going to do an upgrade from XP Home to Pro. I want to back up my data, etc before doing this and was thinking that I might just use the File and Settings Transfer Wizard to do this. That way, I get all the data plus my settings and then if for some reason I end up just doing a clean...
Back
Top