Zuckerberg Blasts Facebook Staff For Defacing Slogan On Walls

Just curious, how do you actually identify when this occurs? I'm "white" and I've been in cars that have been pulled over for what amounted to no legitimate reason. But if the same thing happens to an African-American, it's "DWB"?

Well when a cop pulls me over for no apparent reason, claiming that my tags didn't match my car, a car I'd had for 5 years with the same plates, well, maybe it wasn't DWB but the cop flat out lied to my face about why he had pulled me over. And why run my plates? Car was in perfect shape, wasn't speeding or anything.

Just curious, how do you actually identify when this occurs? I'm "white" and I've been in cars that have been pulled over for what amounted to no legitimate reason. But if the same thing happens to an African-American, it's "DWB"?
Well, I'm white and while there are times the police have pulled me for stupid reasons, there has always been a valid reason (like not having a front license plate in Missouri). I've never been pulled over for DWW.

Go ask a black guy regardless of criminal history or social or economic status if he's even been pulled over for driving while black. Yeah, I've been pulled over for obvious things like speeding but I'm confident DWB has happened to me a couple of times.

I can count two cases where I was pulled over for DWT (Driving While Teenager). Both times were after working the closing shift at McD's and both cops claimed they were making sure I wasn't drunk because I was driving 5 miles under the posted speed limit. No weaving, no illegal lane changes, just driving 50 in a 55 zone at Midnight in the middle of rural Oklahoma. So there ha got to be a police discrimination against teenagers rights?

I'm OK with either slogan but to me the "all lives matter" is more important. The one part that isn't right is to erase what's already on the board. Don't be a "douche", just add to it if you like. If you want to focus on the individual problem maybe the slogan would be better by changing it to "POLICE: Black Lives Matter!" or something like that.

The overall problem is the lack of respect for authority figures in these communities. I was raised with the belief that when a cop pulls you over, everything from your mouth should be "Yes Sir/Maam" or "No Sir/Maam". It doesn't matter whether they were right to pull you over or not.
What if the police are infringing on our constitutional rights? Acquiescing to their every comment is no different from living in a totalitarian regime.

Well when a cop pulls me over for no apparent reason, claiming that my tags didn't match my car, a car I'd had for 5 years with the same plates, well, maybe it wasn't DWB but the cop flat out lied to my face about why he had pulled me over. And why run my plates? Car was in perfect shape, wasn't speeding or anything.

Or maybe just maybe your tags were transferred from an older vehicles that is still in the DMV database.

Scenario: plates transferred and old car sold. DMV records not properly updated. Old car is stollen. Reported Vin attached to your tag due to dirty record. Tag scanner pops up with car as being stollen.

Or maybe just maybe he used an automated plate scanner which are more and more common and it came up with a bad recognition attached to a missing car.

Scenario 3: crime committed by similar make model color car. Police need excuse to see if you are potential perp...which technically they can't do. But it's not race related hate. It's profiling because of the car not the person behind the wheel.

Things that would make me think it was a hate crime: the derogatory terms boy or son. Trumped up charges. Being asked to search the car without probable cause or weapon in said car. Implying that something was stollen or Ill gotten with phrases like "how do you have such a nice car?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I can count two cases where I was pulled over for DWT (Driving While Teenager). Both times were after working the closing shift at McD's and both cops claimed they were making sure I wasn't drunk because I was driving 5 miles under the posted speed limit. No weaving, no illegal lane changes, just driving 50 in a 55 zone at Midnight in the middle of rural Oklahoma. So there ha got to be a police discrimination against teenagers rights?

I never said that there aren't other profiles police use, clearly they do. Being black is one of them. When it comes to matters of race, a person whose opinion I respect deeply is my 89 year old mother. There were a LOT of things she taught me about the subject growing up and there's not one thing she wasn't right about as far as I can tell. She told me long ago to beware of cops, especially white ones. She didn't tell me to antagonize or shoot them, on the contrary, she told be to be polities and genteel and doubly so because I was black guy on the larger side. If I had a son I'd teach him the same thing.

There's no way that the average white guy and black guy are going to see this the same way. It is what it is. My view of it hasn't gotten me into trouble in 48 years so I don't think it's the wrong way to look at it.

Or maybe just maybe your tags were transferred from an older vehicles that is still in the DMV database.

After five years of having to renew the registration that had never been wrong ever? Whatever was going on there, I know it wasn't the truth. Look, I have heard story after story about this from black male friends and family for years. If it's a conspiracy theory thing, it's no worse than people freaking about how the government is constantly spying on them when frankly they're just not that interesting.

Scenario: plates transferred and old car sold. DMV records not properly updated. Old car is stollen. Reported Vin attached to your tag due to dirty record. Tag scanner pops up with car as being stollen.

Or maybe just maybe he used an automated plate scanner which are more and more common and it came up with a bad recognition attached to a missing car.

Scenario 3: crime committed by similar make model color car. Police need excuse to see if you are potential perp...which technically they can't do. But it's not race related hate. It's profiling because of the car not the person behind the wheel.

Things that would make me think it was a hate crime: the derogatory terms boy or son. Trumped up charges. Being asked to search the car without probable cause or weapon in said car. Implying that something was stollen or Ill gotten with phrases like "how do you have such a nice car?"

Sure, could have been any number of those things EXCEPT that you didn't read anything he had written. He was pulled over for the crime of DWB. My guess is that you are white, and don't have any friends that are not white. By friends I don't mean that one black guy you know that you occasionally wave to at work. I'm a criminal defense lawyer and before that I was a social worker who dealt with inner city at risk youth. I have seen this all the time. Until you either live it, or work with those who do you will never understand what it is like to be hassled by cops on a regular occasion.

I'm so sick of this "BLM" crap and people sticking up for it. They are racist bullies that have no problem crashing events with their very distorted view of the world.

The movement should read "BDNTBI". Black Dads Need To Be Involved". Fix the family structure and instill morals/ethics and a funny thing will happen.

After five years of having to renew the registration that had never been wrong ever? Whatever was going on there, I know it wasn't the truth. Look, I have heard story after story about this from black male friends and family for years. If it's a conspiracy theory thing, it's no worse than people freaking about how the government is constantly spying on them when frankly they're just not that interesting.

If a database constraint was not properly enforced of a 1:1 entity relationship between VIN and tag number, then yep, this can happen. And tag numbers do get recycled.

Now did the police office above commit any other offenses which might further prove racism or profiling on his part?

I can understand your mothers fear. Given her age, she was in her prime during the Rosa Parks years. Things are way different then they were. And her words are wise. You are doubly respectful to a police officer. I don't care what race you are.

"When you are taught to be afraid of the sun over and over again, pretty soon you hide from it."-Estella in "Great Expectations" It's time to give everyone white, black, indian, asain, hispanic, jew, arab the benefit of a doubt. These hidden fears and hostilities divide us, not unite us.

Sure, could have been any number of those things EXCEPT that you didn't read anything he had written. He was pulled over for the crime of DWB. My guess is that you are white, and don't have any friends that are not white. By friends I don't mean that one black guy you know that you occasionally wave to at work. I'm a criminal defense lawyer and before that I was a social worker who dealt with inner city at risk youth. I have seen this all the time. Until you either live it, or work with those who do you will never understand what it is like to be hassled by cops on a regular occasion.

So when you can't attack the facts attack the messenger right?

BTW: You would be wrong.

If a database constraint was not properly enforced of a 1:1 entity relationship between VIN and tag number, then yep, this can happen. And tag numbers do get recycled.

Now did the police office above commit any other offenses which might further prove racism or profiling on his part?

I can understand your mothers fear. Given her age, she was in her prime during the Rosa Parks years. Things are way different then they were. And her words are wise. You are doubly respectful to a police officer. I don't care what race you are.

"When you are taught to be afraid of the sun over and over again, pretty soon you hide from it."-Estella in "Great Expectations" It's time to give everyone white, black, indian, asain, hispanic, jew, arab the benefit of a doubt. These hidden fears and hostilities divide us, not unite us.

All I'm saying is that I've been hearing stories like this forever from black friends and family. The history of this goes back decades before you and I were born and it's not like many whites believed it was going then when it was blatantly obvious. So it's not really a surprise to see the same attitudes when the situation is more subtle generally.

People don't understand that crossing out "Black Lives Matter" and writing "All Lives Matter" is taking the focus away from the problem. As a whole, police need to have more respect for the sanctity of life. However, there is a vast disproportion of brutality towards blacks which is the issue here and why the slogan is important.

Do us white folk (I'm sure the person who did it was white) really need to cross that out and try to draw the attention back to us?

I'm the last one to defend police on anything but the police aren't the problem here; the black community is. It is a fact that black people commit proportionally more violent crimes than any other race in this country. Despite being only 13% of the total population, blacks commit almost as many murders as white people. And the vast majority of those victims are other black people. No amount of SJW bullshit will change that fact. (And where were the Black Lives Matters fools when that 9 year old black kid was gunned down, execution style in Chicago?)

The only real way to reduce black crime is to get those criminals out of relative poverty compared to white people. And we all know how popular affirmative action is around here.

West Virginia completely eviscerates your argument.

All I'm saying is that I've been hearing stories like this forever from black friends and family. The history of this goes back decades before you and I were born and it's not like many whites believed it was going then when it was blatantly obvious. So it's not really a surprise to see the same attitudes when the situation is more subtle generally.

Show me statistical evidence that eliminates for conflating factors and I'll change my tune. Anecdotal stories are not supportive.

We have all gotten pulled over. I got pulled over like 8 times in my life and I'm about the same age as you. I just don't talk about it when it happens. That is why statistical evidence is needed.

What if the police are infringing on our constitutional rights? Acquiescing to their every comment is no different from living in a totalitarian regime.

How often does that actually happen? I am not saying there aren't bad police officers but truly it can't be very often that an officer actually violates a persons rights. Unfortunately our laws, added by politicians the people voted for, have given officers leeway that teeters on violating rights but still doesn't. The general public doesn't understand what rights they actually have or they misinterpret them. Just look at the youtube videos of people telling cops to piss off during a traffic stops. If you don't like the cops using laws to stop you, then stop voting in shithead politicians.

I have been stopped several times for BS reasons but nothing that violated my rights.

There is the old saying, you can't fight the stop/arrest but you can fight the charges.

Show me statistical evidence that eliminates for conflating factors and I'll change my tune. Anecdotal stories are not supportive.

We have all gotten pulled over. I got pulled over like 8 times in my life and I'm about the same age as you. I just don't talk about it when it happens. That is why statistical evidence is needed.

As I've said, the average white guy and black guy are going to see this differently as has long been the case. I could have made the same claims 100 years ago and I'd still get the same argument from some people about it. When I have heard about 100 years of family history and stories about encounters with LE enforcement about this type of thing happening for long a period of time, that's the only statistic I need.

Just a note, my maternal grandfather was born in 1895, my father in 1924, my mother in 1927. So there's a lot of stories I've heard about this subject and they aren't all that different from things I hear about now.

I'm not saying there is no discrimination, but realize that cops run the plates of the car in front of them at traffic lights.
My dad was told this by a cop when he was pulled over for whatever minor thing I can't recall.

Whatever happened to Sandra Bland? A girl who was pulled over for a turn signal and then murdered in police custody. This shit happens all the time.

Murdered? Did Black Lies Matter tell you that?

All I read about was some moron who got pulled over for a traffic infraction, refused to cooperate with the officer and got herself arrested, then killed herself while in custody.

As for this story, that shit doesn't belong on the walls of any workplace. Do your fucking job and keep politics out of it.

In a totalitarian regime you have no recourse to seek redress against the state. So, yes, if you go full retard and get yourself shot dead by a cop, technically you're as badly off as someone in North Korea who has the same happen to them, but the difference is you have a choice here; and your own behavior affects the outcomes you encounter.

I'm not saying there is no discrimination, but realize that cops run the plates of the car in front of them at traffic lights.
My dad was told this by a cop when he was pulled over for whatever minor thing I can't recall.

Again, I was told by the cop that my plates didn't match when that simply wasn't true. The information had never been wrong, I wasn't pulled over for anything else. I was lied to in that incident, plain and simple.

All lives matter!
Yes, but of all deaths by police, blacks killed at a higher rate.

The problem with this is even with the camera's the "black lives matter" group will still try to defend them when they resist or attack the police.
Moving side to side/resisting arrest is not a reason to kill a person. Walking away from a cop, is not a reason to kill that person. And not prosecuting these cops when it happens is ridiculous. We've seen at least a couple of times where they have a Grand Jury and the DA defends the cops. There's no point to a grand jury in that case. Just drop the charade and say you're not going to prosecute.

So we have to have somebody to blame today in our society. There is no responsibility.

Why not the police, makes sense right?

People are beating each other to a pulp, murdering each other, carrying on in all manners of illegal activity.......but it's the police.

Sure.

I'm the last one to defend police on anything but the police aren't the problem here; the black community is. It is a fact that black people commit proportionally more violent crimes than any other race in this country. Despite being only 13% of the total population, blacks commit almost as many murders as white people. And the vast majority of those victims are other black people. No amount of SJW bullshit will change that fact. (And where were the Black Lives Matters fools when that 9 year old black kid was gunned down, execution style in Chicago?)

And I won't argue with this. But this is the "black criminal thug" narrative that's been used for centuries to justify any position of certain whites. It was the same narrative used after slave rebellions for instance, and yes, there were blacks killing blacks in those as well. I've just resigned myself to no matter what, there's always going to be this narrative even if you're a black person that's not a criminal, doesn't have multiple baby mamas and works for a living. Honestly, I think it's best for a black male with any since of dignity and decency to ignore these stats. They only reinforce a story told long ago, write your own.

Last edited:
I live in a pretty well to do area and it's shocking how often cops pull over black drivers. I mean virtually anytime you see someone pulled over they're black. If they're searching the car, they're black 90% of the time. I typically drive 9 mph over the speed limit. A black co-worker sticks to 5, because he worries about what will happen if he gets pulled over. Do you honestly think that decades of blacks, rich and poor, talking about this problem is just made up? Look at our jails. They're filled with Black Drug Offenders, yet at least 1/2 of drug users are white.

It's a problem and it's not going to get better without a lot of work, because I know cops in the south and they think it's fine to take on blacks more. They think it's fine to shoot if they offer any resistance. They look at Eric Garner. If you think that, then you're part of the problem and there's no way they're going to fix this without a lot of pressure.

Yes, but of all deaths by police, blacks killed at a higher rate.

Moving side to side/resisting arrest is not a reason to kill a person. Walking away from a cop, is not a reason to kill that person. And not prosecuting these cops when it happens is ridiculous. We've seen at least a couple of times where they have a Grand Jury and the DA defends the cops. There's no point to a grand jury in that case. Just drop the charade and say you're not going to prosecute.
And again conflating factors need to be eliminated to determine if this is true on a per capita basis.

There are no statistics out there that prove this once factors like crime committed poverty and education are taken into account.

So again red herring.

Last edited by a moderator:

13% of the population commits 52% of all violent crimes.

So we have to have somebody to blame today in our society. There is no responsibility.

There's a difference between blaming others and being aware of what's going on. Every time these threads come up there's post after post about how immoral and criminally inclined blacks are. But hey, police NEVER think that or act on all of those wonderful statistics. I'm so glad I had a mother that pointed out this kind of nonsense. Made my life much easier.

The inherent danger in the black lives matter movement is it could backfire against then.

If black society generally blames white society for their problems then they indirectly are casting all white people as racist which is itself racist.

Now imagine stepping into a meeting for a job interview where I as an interviewer saw nothing but hatred on TV because I'm white and I haven't done a thing. And I'm looking at the guy across from me and I'm wondering....is he going to have a chipon his shoulder if I hire him because I'm white? Luckily I don't think such a thing. I think "does he have the skills"

This is why this shit needs to end. Statistics and facts are needed if you are to win your argument.

I don't need a statistic to tell me whats going on in the real world. There are undeniable problems between the police and black people in certain communities. Even if its a "perceived" problem its still a problem if that's how people feel. If black people don't feel safe around police officers even if nothing happens, that's still a real issue for both sides.

I don't need a statistic to tell me whats going on in the real world. There are undeniable problems between the police and black people in certain communities. Even if its a "perceived" problem its still a problem if that's how people feel. If black people don't feel safe around police officers even if nothing happens, that's still a real issue for both sides.

If they operate on perception instead of fact then that is part of the problem.

If black society generally blames white society for their problems then they indirectly are casting all white people as racist which is itself racist.

Now imagine stepping into a meeting for a job interview where I as an interviewer saw nothing but hatred on TV because I'm white and I haven't done a thing. And I'm looking at the guy across from me and I'm wondering....is he going to have a chipon his shoulder if I hire him because I'm white?

You do realize that this logic was used by many whites during the Civil Rights Era? I get your point you have understand most blacks wouldn't see a lot to be gained appeasing conservative whites.

Its still a problem on both sides. Police look at them as all criminals and Blacks look at them as gun happy shooters...doesn't make it any less serious of a problem even if its just perceived.

Its still a problem on both sides. Police look at them as all criminals and Blacks look at them as gun happy shooters...doesn't make it any less serious of a problem even if its just perceived.

Could not agree more. And I'll be the first to admit that there a too many black men that have a unbelievable amount of distrust of cops, to the point of paranoia that rivals any white "take over the government" type of profile.

You do realize that this logic was used by many whites during the Civil Rights Era? I get your point you have understand most blacks wouldn't see a lot to be gained appeasing conservative whites.

People whom have common sense and courtesy generally have no issues treating other people with kindness and respect regardless of color.... Like I have pointed out in many a thread. It's not what color you are, it's what comes out of your mouth that determines how I treat you...

I am Christian and God does not judge by one's color and neither do I... I talk to people because when I interact with them they treat me decently and a friendship grows. If a person (regardless of color) is spouting racial hatred, to myself and many others it is an instant turn off and it is an immediate sign that I should not continue to talk to them. No one likes to be insulted or looked down upon...

Last edited:
Reactions: AK0tA
like this
Could not agree more. And I'll be the first to admit that there a too many black men that have a unbelievable amount of distrust of cops, to the point of paranoia that rivals any white "take over the government" type of profile.

I wasn't trying to make it out that all people on both sides feel so strongly that way, just trying to empathize the point that there are issues on both sides.

People don't understand that crossing out "Black Lives Matter" and writing "All Lives Matter" is taking the focus away from the problem. As a whole, police need to have more respect for the sanctity of life. However, there is a vast disproportion of brutality towards blacks which is the issue here and why the slogan is important.

Do us white folk (I'm sure the person who did it was white) really need to cross that out and try to draw the attention back to us?

Yes! The problem is racism and the problem won't stop until racism does. By changing Black Live Matter or Blue Lives Matter or My Big Fat Greek Lives Matter to All Lives Matter we are being inclusive and working to protect and promote everyone.

Blacks have created this problem by rejecting the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King. Dr. King promoted the concept of integration as a solution to segregation. We here should know that integration means to unify separate components into one (i.e. Dr. King was promoting a monocultural solution). Muliticulturalism (i.e. respect for separate but equal cultures) is really just another word for segregation. Google: separate but equal and review Plessy vs Ferguson (1896).

By rejecting integration many blacks promote a separate behavioral response to confrontations with the police. Within mainstream America is the concept of "suicide by police". If you attack a policeman with a weapon or threaten his life he is going to shot you. Somehow someway too many blacks think it is justified to attack policeman and any use of force in response represents brutality. Supporting Black Lives Matter can only mean the needless deaths of both Blacks and Police.

In order to end segregation and discrimination blacks MUST integrate (i.e. assimilate). They must learn what are acceptable behaviors and values when there is a divergence with respect to black and mainstream culture. There is no viable solution that does not include joining together as one...

Back