Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FWIW, the 5950X I have coming in from Amazon didn’t even ship from an Amazon warehouse. I think it may have directly shipped from AMD or from their distributor. Seems like AMD might have not made enough of the 5950X’s in time for the launch allotment and their resellers may just be fulfilling orders through AMD’s distributor. And yes, I confirmed that my order is sold by Amazon.

FWIW, the 5950X I have coming in from Amazon didn’t even ship from an Amazon warehouse. I think it may have directly shipped from AMD or from their distributor. Seems like AMD might have not made enough of the 5950X’s in time for the launch allotment and their resellers may just be fulfilling orders through AMD’s distributor. And yes, I confirmed that my order is sold by Amazon.
I got a 5600x from amazon and it shipped also from somewhere else.. was sold by amazon too. Will you sell me your 5950x pretty please with sugar on top? :)

I checked with Micro Center today, but they haven't gotten any more stock in since Thursday (launch day). I was there that morning and passed on a 5900x. Really wanted a 5950x, but they didn't get any in, so I let my voucher pass on to someone else down the line. I did score a Strix 3090 though, so worth the 6 hour wait that morning! :D Supply will probably be tight for the next few weeks, but by mid December, I fully expect we'll start seeing a lot more stock arrive as production ramps up... Worst case, early Jan. I can hold out that long.

I got my 5600x around 922am est, after I couldn't get a 5950 or 5900 anywhere and figured might as well pick something up for the time being. Could have bought the 5600x from multiple websites that day for the first 10 minutes or so, and from at least 2 of them until 922. The Nvidia cards were literally all gone at 9:00am +10 seconds from the 6 websites I had open trying to buy one at 3080 and 3090 launches. . .so yeah, not even remotely close availability wise.

With the sheer volume of products you can sell per minute on internet, I'd say there was an exponentially larger number of AMD chips available day 1.

I got my 5600x around 922am est, after I couldn't get a 5950 or 5900 anywhere and figured might as well pick something up for the time being. Could have bought the 5600x from multiple websites that day for the first 10 minutes or so, and from at least 2 of them until 922. The Nvidia cards were literally all gone at 9:00am +10 seconds from the 6 websites I had open trying to buy one at 3080 and 3090 launches. . .so yeah, not even remotely close availability wise.

With the sheer volume of products you can sell per minute on internet, I'd say there was an exponentially larger number of AMD chips available day 1.
It seems maybe a little tiny bit better but in the scheme of things, to the average customer, it's pretty much the same. I mean the day of and you couldn't get anything after 10 or 15 minutes. I think there's a lot more people looking for a video card than an AMD CPU right now. I've been trying since release, lots, just for the heck of it peeking on Newegg and stuff and I've even caught a couple of the combos in stock on a refresh and still can't get to the cart. I was refreshing sites before 6:00 a.m. and I couldn't get anything in a cart but the 5600x without errors. I just wish they would flipin' let you do a back order and be done with it. Or sell them for twice the price and you get half the money back if in 48 hours you show them a picture of the serial number installed in your computer. Maybe you have to buy it installed on a f****** motherboard anything to get rid of the scalper douchebags.

With Nvidia's graphics cards, which not only involve the production of huge monolithic GPU dies that are subject to low yields, but also quite a bit of componentry in the card themselves and the time needed to assemble/build/test each card built, I would imagine the production of a CPU, once the foundry is up and cooking, to have far fewer hurdles to overcome (especially given AMD's unique chiplet approach to keeping die sizes in check). I see them being able to meet much higher volume production and quicker delivery times to market now that they are underway. Yes, demand is far outstripping supply just now, but I fully expect AMD's supply chain to start catching up to demand a LOT faster than the pickle that Nvidia is currently in. I'd be really surprised if you couldn't pick up any AMD 5000 series CPU you wanted by mid December. With Nvidia, they're already almost 3 months in the hole and have admitted it will most likely be next year before they are really able to start meeting demand.

You're ignoring that they are not just making cpus. They have 4 big product lines releasing this quarter, cpu, gpu, and two major consoles. This is NOT a small feat and I don't think it's ever been done before and at this level of performance. Yall need to be real here.

The real pressure is on TSMC to produce what they promised AMD and Nv. Fk Samsung. I have no idea what their problem is.

Was able to snatch 5800X on launch. But cancelled it. Was again able to nab a 5800X a day later but again cancelled it.

Might indulge after seeing RKL performance in gaming.

I'm hoping to get a 5800x after all the negative reviews of that cpu now. I think it's crazy none of these mainstream reviews cover gaming while streaming performance by showing game fps / Dropped frames analysis. I know gamers nexus did it with the 9900k vs the 2700x and it was a stark difference between them.

I have like 4 pages in constant refresh looking for a 5950x...wonder if I am just wasting my time/effort at this rate lol

Did anyone talked to human being to b&h photo folks recently? Any updates when they will get their shipment?

Did anyone talked to human being to b&h photo folks recently? Any updates when they will get their shipment?
Nothing. From my 9900k experience, I would recommend that you do NOT stop looking. I ended up finding one way faster than they actually receive them. I am hoping things are better this time but not holding my breath

The only info so far has been from a Nov 5th reply
"We expect some stock in the next 2-4 weeks approximately to fulfill pre-orders. Depending when you pre-ordered and what your spot is on the queue, you may or may not receive it once it starts shipping during that time. Some could be a bit further out, depending on how many AMD is able to manufacture. The covid situation will most certainly cause more delays."
Not really much help there.

I was also told this "We have a verification department that reviews our orders to catch any potential bot or reseller orders. " I sure hope so!

This thread is for people discussing Zen 3 availability. Take all the bickering elsewhere please.

Decided to try camping my local Micro Center again since the weather was freakishly warm for MN (65F!) Got there at 5:30am, first in line. Line started growing at 6am and was about 25 folks deep by 8am. Well, no luck. Manager came out about 30 min before they opened to inform all of us that they had not receive any Zen 3 / 5000 series cpus in their truck delivery for that morning. I asked if they’ve received any 5000 series stock since launch day and he said that they haven’t.

It seems launch day pretty much depleted everything. Has anyone found any stock at a brink and mortar elsewhere? I’ve seen zilch pop up on all the regular online sites. (Newegg, B&H, Amazon, BB, etc.)

I've been hunting for a 5k series cpu all weekend and ended up spotting 3k gpu cards instead. I think all demand for what's hot is gonna mess with us enthusiasts for the coming months.

Based on B&H saying they’re expecting a shipment on the 15th as well as some people’s expected delivery dates on other sites, I think it’s a pretty safe guess that most stores are expecting their first big restock around then. It also lines up nicely with the 6000 series gpus launch. It would make sense for AMD to have shipped out a bunch of CPUs along side their new GPUs, imo.

Decided to try camping my local Micro Center again since the weather was freakishly warm for MN (65F!) Got there at 5:30am, first in line. Line started growing at 6am and was about 25 folks deep by 8am. Well, no luck. Manager came out about 30 min before they opened to inform all of us that they had not receive any Zen 3 / 5000 series cpus in their truck delivery for that morning. I asked if they’ve received any 5000 series stock since launch day and he said that they haven’t.

It seems launch day pretty much depleted everything. Has anyone found any stock at a brink and mortar elsewhere? I’ve seen zilch pop up on all the regular online sites. (Newegg, B&H, Amazon, BB, etc.)

That sucks. Tustin MC got zero 5k's today too.

Just called up Microcenter thats 3 hours away from me in Madison Heights, MI and Chicago, IL) as both show they have limited availability for the 5900x and both confirmed they don't have any in stock. I take that as their online inventory is not accurate.

5900x and 5600x available at Amazon right now.

Edit: And now out of stock. That lasted all of 6 minutes.

Last edited:
All gone, they had the 5600 for a good deal longer than the 5900. 3090s were up like 20 minutes before the Zen3 chips

Looks like Amazon drop shipped it, for sure. They had no info on the shipping method or actual delivery date. My 5950x is supposed to be here by Wednesday, via UPS Ground, aka the slowest shipper on the planet.

talked to B&H CR today on live chat. No updates, got the same canned message (I already received it in the email)... basically saying they don't know, they will update the page as soon as they know. I placed another 5900x order at the online store in Canada (ETA says November 26).... Amazon Canada once they go live, it will probably gone in 60 seconds. I cannot compete with bots and other scam.... :-(...

Looks like Amazon drop shipped it, for sure. They had no info on the shipping method or actual delivery date. My 5950x is supposed to be here by Wednesday, via UPS Ground, aka the slowest shipper on the planet.

Amazon provided a tracking number for my 5950X but UPS doesn't even show that a label has been created. /sad panda

does amazon use the same link to their product page or does it change every time they go up for sale?

Haven't seen anything on Amazon for the 5 series at all. Is there no searching for it until it is in stock?

Over on Reddit, some folks posted screenshots of distributor back-orders, and orders they have managed to place with AMD.

ShopBLT
synnex
Ingram Micro

So a good number of Ryzen 5000 are incoming, but demand will remain higher than supply until some time in 2021.

1604979165063.png

Someone posted this in a Stock Discord I was in, just FYI for B&H pre-orders.

View attachment 297591
Someone posted this in a Stock Discord I was in, just FYI for B&H pre-orders.
I have like 2 orders with them , the guy says a few hundred , odds are still better than sitting here clicking on Amazon Newegg or Best buy I say. Most of us maybe looking at mid December to get this in our hands , Maybe . . .

Yah if you aren't camping on a computer monitoring discord constantly then you aren't likely to get one. I'm running a bot against amazon, but it seems I missed my chance since I didn't get it going until this morning and there were drops yesterday there. Had to be in the right place, right time.

It is annoying to have to play this game, but better get used to it. If you're impatient, it's the only option for the next 2-3 months easily. May not be until next year before things settle and you can buy something like a normal human without having to restort to extraordinary measures.

Back