Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got my tracking number from Newegg. Assuming it actually makes it out today I'll have it tomorrow :joyful:

My last order I had the tracking early in the day and it didn't get to UPS until the day after so we'll see.

Can't wait for the 6800XT PAPER LAUNCH in 2 weeks ! yay !
It is no paper launch. There were CPUs available. I bet they will come back in stock soon. Just check Microcenter everyday to get an idea if there is stock at all or not, even if you don't have a Microcenter near you.

At my local Canada Computers store, the lineup had about 20 people before I got there 1/2hr before they opened. The first person in line had camping equipment had apparently been there since yesterday afternoon, which is good for him since they only had 1 5950x available. They didn't receive any 5900x, got 2 5800x, and 10 or so 5600x.

In Canada I'm not near any places to line up and grab one of the processors so I was hunting through online sites. Unfortunately most of the stock from retailers online were only selling processor in store with small amounts that were snapped up quickly. I was going in looking for a 5600x with a willingness to grab a 5800x if the price was right. Couldn't find either of those but managed to snag a 5900x for $750 Canadian plus shipping and tax. It's more than I wanted to spend but when I couldn't get anything else I jumped on it. If anyone wants to pay the difference and upgrade to a 5900x I'd probably take them up on a swap for a 5600x plus cost difference. Otherwise I may need to rethink my planned build to work around a 5900x.

Arrived 15 mins in Duluth MC opening - Line wrapped around building. Everyone left with a Zen 3 CPU that I know of. They offered me 3 types of RTX 3070s and a 3090 while I was there.

Got my tracking number from Newegg. Assuming it actually makes it out today I'll have it tomorrow :joyful:

My last order I had the tracking early in the day and it didn't get to UPS until the day after so we'll see.
Same here, tracking number but not shipped yet. My 3080 comes Monday so by early/mid next week I could have a complete build. Exciting. :D

It is no paper launch. There were CPUs available. I bet they will come back in stock soon. Just check Microcenter everyday to get an idea if there is stock at all or not, even if you don't have a Microcenter near you.
i had the 5900x in my cart and it got deleted when i try to click on enter payment. It was literally taken out of my cart. I have a preorder with B&H they won't have stock for 3 weeks. Good that you got one though.

B&H says they have not received any to ship and no ETA either so who knows how long their preorder list is at this rate.

yeah what like 100 available ?

It wasn't ample supply, but it wasn't the Ampere launch, either. 5900x/5950x were only slightly easier to get than 3000 series at launch, 5600x and 5800x were reasonably easy if you were up early and paying attention. 5600x was in stock for like an hour or more on multiple sites.

That said, I suspect the 6000 series Radeon launch is gonna be worse.

Watching the reviews this morning the 5600x and 5800x seem to do just fine. If you do 3d rendering for money then the higher core count CPUs are good. I have 6 core Intel 3930k now and really wanted to go to higher core count for VMs and such but it don't seem to be worth it. I may just keep the 5600x... Maybe...

Grats to those who got up early and got your orders in!

I was lazy and slept in... heh. I schlep myself to MC next week and get one.

It was available. I didn’t really get a chance to go to Amazon or Newegg. But did try amd website. I did get to check out but just couldn’t get the order through. Place order butting didn’t do shit. But I am not really in a hurry. Life is too busy right so I will get one early next year or if I happen to just find one browsing here and there.

Watching the reviews this morning the 5600x and 5800x seem to do just fine. If you do 3d rendering for money then the higher core count CPUs are good. I have 6 core Intel 3930k now and really wanted to go to higher core count for VMs and such but it don't seem to be worth it. I may just keep the 5600x... Maybe...

Anything current gen will be a HUGE uplift over x79 at this point, so I'd say you are definitely not settling. That 5600x will have nearly times the single core scaling its ridiculous.

i had the 5900x in my cart and it got deleted when i try to click on enter payment. It was literally taken out of my cart. I have a preorder with B&H they won't have stock for 3 weeks. Good that you got one though.
same happened to me. That's why i tried Microcenter and they had stuff, I was just too late for the 5900X. So it is not really a paper launch. Maybe we will get more stock soon.

well this morning I put the 5800x in my cart on newegg hit checkout and bam out of stock. got a 5600 though, still an upgrade from my current very old system.

Guys, there will be stock of these and they'll steadily be restocked. Must you have some order in hand today? Remember that AMD is balancing wafers for 4 product ranges in quarter.

Managed to get an order in when BB did their small restock or whatever it was they were doing. Given that the BH preorder is likely not happening for weeks/months, I might just deal with the 5800x. With that said, I think the board I got is overkill Aorus Master for the 5800x. Early reviews shows that it's not an overclocker and running it at stock with ability to boost is a better play.

PIVOT!!!!!!!!!!

So MC now shows limit availability on their site after everything been sold out this morning. Odds they actually have stock? Zero I bet.

So MC now shows limit availability on their site after everything been sold out this morning. Odds they actually have stock? Zero I bet.
I would guess they do have it. Hard to screw up inventory with such low numbers and recent adding to inventory. Not like they can 'lose' an item that just came in that easily. Unless someone stole one, I'd say they have at least 1.

Scalpers on Ebay again. It is baffling that there seem to be people buying it at those prices. There aren't many workloads where you must have the best single-core performance. Paying marked up prices when you can get way more cores from the last gen just doesn't make sense.

It's not just them. I'd expect all major tech component launches to be insta-sold out in the future. The 30xx clusterfrak has spread buy-bots widely throughout the tech enthusiast community; nobody is going to be able to put that genie back into the bottle anymore than Amd/Intel/NVidia are going to be able to stockpile 50% of the yearly new products inventory for release on day 1.

We have met the enemy, and they are us.

You know one thing I remember people were upset about was the price hike....I will be honest, I think the price hike was deserved after seeing how good these processors really are. Even that 5800x....

What does everyone else think?

You know one thing I remember people were upset about was the price hike....I will be honest, I think the price hike was deserved after seeing how good these processors really are. Even that 5800x....

I think the price is very fair.

They do I checked. But you have to walk in to the store to get them. Which thank god for MC! Planning on going there after work.

I think if I was planning to build a new PC in the near future instead of 18-36 months from now, I'd be paying $800 for the top model and not be complaining about the price.

They do I checked. But you have to walk in to the store to get them. Which thank god for MC! Planning on going there after work.
I guess I'll go swing by after work. Doubt they will be still there by then tho.

B&H says they have not received any to ship and no ETA either so who knows how long their preorder list is at this rate.
did you talk to someone on the phone? i have a preorder i got within the first few minutes last night. im thinking of canceling it.

scalpers that go to microcenter are a bad breed of people. Probably buy one, sell on ebay for 150%, go back and buy more until MC is OOS.

I noticed the number of in hand ebay scalpers rising with these cpus. :eek:

Back