Zen 3 Launch Availability

When will it be possible to buy a Zen 3 cpu without using a bot or paying Scalper rates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5900X up at Best Buy. Was able to place an order through the app.

EDIT: Sold out. The 5950X also went up.

How it's going to work:​

• Every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory.
  • Shortly, the button below will turn back to yellow (unless we sell out).
  • At that point, try adding it to your cart again.
Pro Tip: If that works, checkout as fast as you can. It won't be reserved until you are in checkout. Good luck!

Looking at the ebay listings for the 5900x the sneaker bois are testing the waters. 26 or so new listings today but the problem is a ton of completed scalped items. Meaning blood is in the water and they will be watching for a short while to see what they can make.
lol, they so are the sneaker boys.

How it's going to work:​

• Every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory.
  • Shortly, the button below will turn back to yellow (unless we sell out).
  • At that point, try adding it to your cart again.
Pro Tip: If that works, checkout as fast as you can. It won't be reserved until you are in checkout. Good luck!
Its sold out. The button will say "waiting for stock" or something like that instead if they'll be releasing more over the next few minutes. Once it's sold out, it's sold out. That's how its been with Ampere GPUs.

OMG F BESTBUY i had it in my cart and was checking out and it wouldn;t let me select a store or ship the item to me before i could enter my payment info

I saw a yellow button and instantly by the time I clicked add to cart it was out of stock. Why even bother anymore...

I didn't expect BB to actually go live so I watched a review instead. After the review, it's OOS. lol

Just be patient. I got a feeling stock will be coming up throughout the day. I know at least at Newegg the 5800/5600x stock was available for over 30 minutes. Now the 5900/5950x was a different story, but I expected those to sell out ASAP.

So yea this going to be a problem going forward it seems. No matter how much they release bots are going to be buying everything up. It is going to be the same with AMD graphics cards in 2 weeks.

Microcenter in Sharonville OH site showing 10+ on 5600x and 5800x. 1 5900x left 45 mins after the store opened. All showed 10+ earlier today on the site.

well I snagged a 5600x from newegg, couldn't get anything from any other sites. Was trying for a 5950x but they were all sold out everywhere :(

At least I'll have the chip tomorrow to play with :)

So yea this going to be a problem going forward it seems. No matter how much they release bots are going to be buying everything up. It is going to be the same with AMD graphics cards in 2 weeks.
Looks like the new normal since they make $200+ on these easily. I don't get why people are buying them at $900 basically for a 5900

The GPU is going to be another nasty battle. With CPUs, you need to have an AMD platform ready or at least decide to move to an AMD platform. GPU is more universal as you can always upgrade to an AMD variant if you're currently using an NVIDIA GPU. The good news, I see prices of the 3070 going down in the aftermarket world so hopefully scalpers are shying away due to lower profit margins.

I have a few machines and browsers running refreshes on the BB 5950x... so far, haven't seen them turn yellow.
They turn yellow on there own on the second page until they sell out. They all sold out. I could only get a 5800x or 5600x but did not want as I have a 5600x from Newegg.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
well I snagged a 5600x from newegg, couldn't get anything from any other sites. Was trying for a 5950x but they were all sold out everywhere :(

At least I'll have the chip tomorrow to play with :)
Yeah i cannot wait to overclock the snot out of it. I picked up an Arctic Freezer II 420 version lol. Will see if I can get 4.8ghz+

So far the only overclocking we got is all these CPU's hit 4.7ghz all core...

The GPU is going to be another nasty battle. With CPUs, you need to have an AMD platform ready or at least decide to move to an AMD platform. GPU is more universal as you can always upgrade to an AMD variant if you're currently using an NVIDIA GPU. The good news, I see prices of the 3070 going down in the aftermarket world so hopefully scalpers are shying away due to lower profit margins.
This was hopeful thinking, the bots are looking at cpu's not from hearsay but ebay auctions and one of the sneaker discords.

Yeah i cannot wait to overclock the snot out of it. I picked up an Arctic Freezer II 420 version lol. Will see if I can get 4.8ghz+

So far the only overclocking we got is all these CPU's hit 4.7ghz all core...
If I can get any cores up to 5ghz on the 5600 I'll be pretty happy.

I had it in my cart and was literally entering my cc info and it was ripped out of my cart and deleted !!!!!!

I had it in my cart and was literally entering my cc info and it was ripped out of my cart and deleted !!!!!!
That is what happens to us folks without bots or scripts.

I wish they would just do a pre order and call folks when they come in to verify you are real and have an old existing account and so on.

I have seen sites the take from stock when you put it in your cart and give you a set time to buy or not.

I was hoping the CPUs wouldn't be as bad as the GPUs since less / no crypto potential but scalpers still be scalpin'

This will be my last build for awhile so I guess I can wait to get the parts that I actually want. Good luck all!

Yeah, I'm watching the actual product pages...
they might make that not work. I think bb is using a javascript to make it say add to cart, seconds after the page loads, so it will not be present when you refresh or when your bot refreshes. Could be wrong though.

I was hoping the CPUs wouldn't be as bad as the GPUs since less / no crypto potential but scalpers still be scalpin'

This will be my last build for awhile so I guess I can wait to get the parts that I actually want. Good luck all!
there will no stock for 3 weeks now just give up and buy intel if you need a computer i guess

very shitty launch in Canada. Didn't see any stock on Canadian Amazon and Newegg. Local computer stores (Canada Computers / Memory Express) had only few on hand and store purchase only with many people waiting outside of stores....
Also the B&H order I placed at midnight seems like it will be at least 3 weeks wait (as per other user)..... FECKING 2020!!! I'm not even talking about watiing forever for 3080.

i can't believe bestbuy what a bunch of a holes. deleting items from peoples carts when they are entering payment info

Back