[YourNewCase] SUGO ... 5! GO!

new setup coming in on wednesday:

- i5 750
- ECS H55H-I
- 2x2GB DDR3
- 1TB
- HD6870
- SG05

I will be running the 6870 on the stock 300W PSU. I plan to undervolt the CPU so i think i should be safe to run the 6870. Any toughts on a good CPU cooler? Dont need much performance, just silent operation!

Last edited:
Hello!

Can fit in this case ATI 6950 without mods?

What is the most powerfull card fits in this case?

Regards!!

I read the page 48 because not see that the 6950 fits in this case.

6950 is more large than 6870?

I think that most powerfulls cards fits in this case are 6870 and gtx 470.

Regards!

PD: Sorry for my english, I´m Spanish

Hi all,

I would like to ask one thing, about three months ago, I somehow stumbled upon the forum user who Sugo SG05 case to install a complete range of water Koolance components (cpu block, gpu, pump, radiator and expansion tank), or know someone He did not see where it was?

thanks everyone

ive only browsed through this thread, but can someone tell me what air hsf is best for this case? im assuming it's the axp-140 w/ 120x20mm fan, but just want to make sure.

ive only browsed through this thread, but can someone tell me what air hsf is best for this case? im assuming it's the axp-140 w/ 120x20mm fan, but just want to make sure.
Yep. Maybe the Shruiken comes close, but that's about it :)
check mah new righ ^^ (samuel and Geminii are a bit less capable, and Geminii needs a Scythe slim 120mm fan to fit).

http://foto.arkona.be/#0.0

Nice :D

I dont know where you are getting your pricing, but from what I have seen the Samuel 17 costs as much as the AXP 140. And it doesnt inlcude the fan either!

i already have fans that'll work w/ the samuel 17 so that's not a problem and it fits w/o having to get a slim fan like the axp-140 so even if i got the axp-140 id be forced to get a fan. also w/ the axp-140 unless i get the RT model id have to buy a bracket for 1156 as well :(

prolimatech samuel 17 w/ a quick google search goes for $50 shipped
thermalright axp-140 w/ the google search goes for $70 shipped. w/o fan or 1156 bracket.

Could anybody with this case check if a 3.5" hdd fits between the front fan and the motherboard, basically lying on the ground? What is the distance/height between the ground and the fan? Would the hdd (about 1" high) fit under it?
Also, whats the distance between the right side and a full length graphics card?

Is there any place to put a 3.5" hdd other than the original mounting place? In the original place, airflow is blocked too much for my taste.

regards
mariachi76

You would need to dremel a screw cilinder there, otherwise I think it'll fit

i would like to what type of slim odd fits?

- notebook internal odd sata
- i found an oem hornettek slim internal odd sata -- no pics though..
- usb slim odd

will all these work?

Wow... I normally just connect a normal SATA data and normal SATA power connector to my 2.5" laptop HDD... is it any different for ODD? :eek:

Some retailers sell them too. I bought an Akasa one for a few quid with my drive. It's a bit short though.

will the stock 300w psu be able to power this system w/ a slight OC to the CPU?

e8400 1.25v
zotac gf9300-g-e
2x2gb ballistix pc2-6400
crucial m225 64gb
palit gtx 460 1gb

Last edited:
Hello,
I am planning for the following build:

* H67 ITX board (Zotac?)
* I7-2600K (no overclocking)
* 2x4 GB Ram
* AMD 6850 standard, no overclocking
* 2x SSD, 1xHDD, 1x Slim BD Rom

And I have to decide between the 300W and the 450W PSU. Does anbody have a system with equally demanding components running on with the 300W PSU?
In case of doubt I could simply use the 450W PSU, but if I read the "ST45SF Total crap" thread, I almost think that the 300W might be better.

My goal is that the system is stable with Furmark and Prime95 running in parallel.

regards
mariachi76

Hello,

* H67 ITX board (Zotac?)
* 2x4 GB Ram

And I have to decide between the 300W and the 450W PSU. Does anbody have a system with equally demanding components running on with the 300W PSU?
In case of doubt I could simply use the 450W PSU, but if I read the "ST45SF Total crap" thread, I almost think that the 300W might be better.

My goal is that the system is stable with Furmark and Prime95 running in parallel.

regards
mariachi76

If you will buy new case SG 05, so you should definitely buy all black wariant of GS05with 450W PSU. It will come handy for Graphic and CPU as well. If you have some reservs in PSU wattage, its always good. There will be lower temps a fan will run slowly etc.

Hello,

* H67 ITX board (Zotac?)
* 2x4 GB Ram

regards
mariachi76

pointless to get a "K" cpu if you dont overclock and you cant with the h67

If you will buy new case SG 05, so you should definitely buy all black wariant of GS05with 450W PSU. It will come handy for Graphic and CPU as well. If you have some reservs in PSU wattage, its always good. There will be lower temps a fan will run slowly etc.

Sure, the more watt the better. But the 450W PSU seems to have issues with at least some people here (see the "ST45SF All Crap" thread in this forum).
I`d hope for some input of somebody who really tested one or both PSUs in a similar configuration.

regards
mariachi76

pointless to get a "K" cpu if you dont overclock and you cant with the h67

But I might buy another motherboard later, or use the CPU in my second computer later on. And the price difference is about 15€ at the moment.
regards
mariachi76

Hello,

* H67 ITX board (Zotac?)
* 2x4 GB Ram

regards
mariachi76

this setup will work with 300w, 6850 is a very low wattage card (about 100~120w).

i'm running a 220w monster (470) with the 300w and right now i'm pretty limited on cpu upgrade choices (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=52215&processor=i7-2600S&spec-codes=SR00E :p)

But I might buy another motherboard later, or use the CPU in my second computer later on. And the price difference is about 15€ at the moment.
regards
mariachi76

plus the reselling value when the thing is outdated next year :p

Last edited:
if you arent going to overclock that k series and wont be using the integrated graphics there is no reason to get the 2600k, just get the 2600

Hi guys, I have just build myself a new PC getting a lot of inspiration from this thead, and I have to say:

I love the SG05!

I've been building SFF systems ever since VIA introduced the EPIA series, but this is the first time that I have been able to build a mini-ITX system with the same muscle power as a decent ATX machine.

Here's my specs:

Case: Silverstone SG05 (uhh duhh!)
Mobo: Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe
CPU: AMD Phenom II 4X 910e
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 1333MHz CL7
HDD: Corsair Force F60
CPU cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken (Swapped the 12mm fan with a 25mm Slip Stream 120 PWM)
VGA: MSI R5770 Hawk

Compared to my previous PC (Intel Atom + Nvidia ION), this feels like a freakin' jet fighter! :D

Hi guys, I have just build myself a new PC getting a lot of inspiration from this thead, and I have to say:

I love the SG05!

I've been building SFF systems ever since VIA introduced the EPIA series, but this is the first time that I have been able to build a mini-ITX system with the same muscle power as a decent ATX machine.

Here's my specs:

Case: Silverstone SG05 (uhh duhh!)
Mobo: Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe
CPU: AMD Phenom II 4X 910e
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x2GB 1333MHz CL7
HDD: Corsair Force F60
CPU cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken (Swapped the 12mm fan with a 25mm Slip Stream 120 PWM)
VGA: MSI R5770 Hawk

Compared to my previous PC (Intel Atom + Nvidia ION), this feels like a freakin' jet fighter! :D

Looks good, im waiting for a p67 itx board to finish mine. This is what i have lying around atm:

sg05b w/ 450w psu
palit gtx 460 1gb
2x2gb avexir pc3-1333, oc's to 1600 8-8-8-24 w/ a slight voltage bump
i5-2500k
64gb sandforce ssd

You would need to dremel a screw cilinder there, otherwise I think it'll fit

Could you - or somebody else - measure the distance between the edge of the motherboard and the front side (inside under the fan), and eventually also the distance from the right side to the graphics card?

sug053.jpg

It would be much appreciated.
Also the distance between the base of the case and the lower edge of the fan would help a lot. (should be around 20 to 30mm)

thanks and best regards
mariachi76

Back