Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

Sony Vaio T140 (10" :eek: ) & new Dell XPS M1210 ( 12" :rolleyes: )

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

V2000939abc009-1.jpg

V2000939abc003-1.jpg

2 Dell 2007WFPs and my new Dell E1505

2GHz Core 2 Duo T7200
1GB DDR533
ATI X1400
15.4" SXGA+ with TrueLife
60GB 5400RPM SATA HDD
8x CD/DVD Burner

small update....got meh some new logitech z-4i's. gotta say that im very pleased with the bang for the buck. They look clean [match my lappy], sound great, and weren't that big of a hit on the wallet. I picked up a g7 too..gotta have wireless if you are on a laptop imo....pics:

1000724ss4.jpg

for you movie nuts.....what am i watching in the pic?

I recently purchased a Dell E1705 laptop and I am interested in seeing more pics on it, ....especially right next to a Dell 2405WFP, anyone be kind enough to show me the size comparison?

I should get it in one week! Cant wait -

tegtyme said:
I recently purchased a Dell E1705 laptop and I am interested in seeing more pics on it, ....especially right next to a Dell 2405WFP, anyone be kind enough to show me the size comparison?

I should get it in one week! Cant wait -

Edit: Oh, I thought you wanted a size comparison! :D

Thanks for that pic, I saw it further back too. I was looking for some pics in better lighting and with the e1705 so I can not only see the contrast, but my new setup that I'll be getting soon :)

Any other e1705 owners out there who has any hints or tips to owning the e1705? Do's and Donts?

Also, do you know where there are benchmarks up for this laptop with the core 2 duo (T7200) with the 7900gs?...cant seem to find any.

Thanks, peace out

first thing you should do is format and do a clean windows install. it comes with a lot of crap preinstalled and a clean install will get rid of it and make your system faster.

alkaline said:
for you movie nuts.....what am i watching in the pic?

That one is one of the Lord of the Rings movie series
anyway, recently I got the Asus W2V Notebook
it had some great rebates, which I couldnt refuse to pass, some pictures
this thing is a piece of art, is lighter than any other 17 inch laptop out there, even though is a Pentium M based notebook, is fast and can multitask as much as a those dual core laptops.

that would be the scene in lord of the rings the return of the king when frodo throws the ring into mt. doom and Barad-Dur collapses. AMAZING scene, my favorite from all the movies by far.

synergyo1 said:
My eyes!!! They burn!!! :p

Quite the change from looking at a very nice Asus lappy to the clamshell iBooks :)

Nothing turns heads faster then a clamshell ibook in a public place, even here :D

My Acer 5050-3242. Great budget machine. $598
Turion MK-36 @ 2.0GHZ
1GB DDR2
100GB HDD
DVD-Burner
ATI X1100

IMG_11962.JPG

wow what a coincidence, i have an e1705 and i was considering buying that acer al1916wabd as a second monitor/xbox 360 monitor. how do you like the monitor? could you post a pic of the laptop right next to it so i could see a size comparison? i dont want to ask too much, i just want your opinion.

I just got this e1705 about last week so i'm new to the club. Never owned a laptop before so its nice to have something portable that can feed my addiction. Pictures were taken with a cheapo Sanyo 6mp camera which is in the need of a SERIOUS upgrade!

One day i'll buy a good one lol

and a quick one of my addiction and one of the reasons for the purchase of the laptop

Black-Tom said:
Alias2... that drink looks... interesting hahahhahaahah

whats wrong, never had a lil moon mist?
Its actually quite good, and if you can't guess by the logo, is rather similar to Mountain Dew.

(*ahem* sorry for the off topic post) :rolleyes:

Black-Tom said:
Alias2... that drink looks... interesting hahahhahaahah

What!?!? My Generic Mt Dew is awesome! Doesn't get flat as quick, taste just as good, and cost half as much. :D

dennie:

What would have really been cool is if you'd just help up the laptop in front of a mirror and used the iSight to snap that pic... :D

Alias2 said:
My Acer 5050-3242. Great budget machine. $598
Turion MK-36 @ 2.0GHZ
1GB DDR2
100GB HDD
DVD-Burner
ATI X1100
http://mvpcr.com/pics/IMG_11962.JPG

I just got one myself:

1167169939_2_FT0_pc260004_.jpg

Tip for you: Uninstall the included soundcard drivers and then download the new ones from Realtek. I fought the microphone all afternoon trying to get it to work in TS2.

All in all, I like it alot. The 1GB of RAM and the 100GB HD are pretty good specs for a $598 lappy.

It gets warm, I'm not sure how cool to excpect a laptop to stay.

As far as the RAM is concerned, you are using some of it for the video card. You can change that in the BIOS. Since I don't do any 3D stuff with mine, so I just set the video RAM for the minimum in the BIOS, which if I remember correctly, was 8MB.

A real nice thing about this laptop is all the RAM is in one slot leaving one empty, so increasing the RAM is as simple as buying another SO-DIMM.

PS: Edit your post to remove the img tags from your quote of my post or the mods will just delete your post. See the first page of this post for the details.

I have an Acer 1642 and it runs pretty cool, this thing gets hot as he!! though. I have one , as does my wife, but mine gets hotter than hers. Will I void the warranty if I open it up and put some thermal past, instead of tape on it??

thanks for your help!!

Back