Your favorite energy drink for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BladeVenom said:
If any of those energy drinks actually worked, they'd make you restless and cause you to stop gaming and get some actual physical activity.

Here at QuakeCon I felt kinda funny when I wore an old 2004 Qcon t-shirt to jog around the track on the inside of the hotel park. I was totally drenched with sweat (its fuggin hot)All the geeks walking around were probably wondering WTF I was doing jogging in 98F weather here in Dallas....so you see, computer geeks CAN indeed stay in shape even at a 5 day LAN party-sausage fest-drinking binge-gaming rage-dc++ session. :D

duuuuuumb said:
Does that say "GAY FUEL"?

Do i wanna know how it tastes?

I like to drink "BAWLS" when i play with myself all night on the computer, then my buddies join in, and we all drink "BAWLS" and play with eachother.

What?

Roflmao!

:D

Water.

I want to see the day where the world runs out of coffee, soda and energy drinks to see how many people die from withdraw.

Coffee + International Delight creamer (preferably Vanilla Toffee Carmel or Southern Butter Pecan)

+

Plenty of Water

If I must drink an energy drink (normally a driving late at night situation) I have to admit I prefer BAWLS. But it's pretty erratically stocked, many places don't have it.

phobic said:
QFT. I haven't had a soda for almost 3 years and I don't miss drinking that crap at all.

I agree, but I also enjoy a BAWLS once every 3 months (quaterly LANS)

Though it's not really an energy drink[well it does have ginseng], I feel the need to mention Arizona green tea. It's such an awesome "daily" drink that makes you feel good because it's not 100% sugar like other Iced teas.

But Mountain Dew is my choice for energy.

my fave energy drink for gaming is beer!!! any kind of beer! prefer it on a glass or glass bottle... i hate cann!!!

redballs.jpg

Tried Monster Khaos last night. Yuck. I just cannot stand that flavor that this drink and Redbull share...that Smarties candy flavor.

Full Throttle is still the best. I enjoy the taste so much, I dont care if it wakes me up.

Rip It Limewrecker best energy drink you will ever have and it wont break the bank. Plus I make it at work everyonce and a while, I am the batcher but we only run it once every 2 months. Its a really really good margarita flavored energy drink. I dont know where you can buy it but it should be around with the shasta brand.

Psychotext said:
What planet are you on? Even if you're including sugar and cream in your coffee you still wont approach the number of calories in an energy drink.

Planet Starbucks. I like my coffee like I like my women.

And yes, I was looking at a bottle of Fraps and a can of No Fear when I wrote that msg.

I guess I should include actual coffee in my sugar and cream.

ValeX said:
lol @ people using alcohol for a stimulant

They're using the alcohol to increase the energy of the party atmosphere. It's also a good handicap if your friends suck.

In the northern [H] bunker Steve, Justin, and I have all become addicted to Coolah energy drinks. Since you cannot buy them in Alaska, Justin and I drank as many as we could while we were in WA, and brought some back as souvenirs. Now that we are hooked, we will have to figure out some way to get a good supply of them to the bunker...

I am all about the Bawls for gaming.. or even just geeking out! It's the only drink that doesn't wreck my stomach at 6+ bottles drank.. :)

ValeX said:
lol @ people using alcohol for a stimulant
Alcohol can be a stimulant. It's ALL mental. If people think that drinking alcohol will wake them up and give them energy, that's what it will do. On the other hand, if different people think it will make them relax and chill out, that's what it will do.

Domingo said:
Paulaner and Hoe aren't THAT bad. They're pricy compared to "the big 3" but for imports you can likely get a 6-pack inside of $7-8.
If you want expensive, the Dogfish Head 12oz specialty items (like World Wide Stout and 120 Minute IPA) are $10 for a single normal sized bottle. They're wonderful, but at that price...OUCH.

You add in the extra tax and you almost spend 10 bucks (9 and change) to buy either of those around here. What pisses me off is I bet we're paying an extra 2 or 3 bucks a six just because of import tariffs. (non-freemarket b.s. anyone?) That's what really pisses me off. I wanna be able to buy high quality imported brews and pay maybe a buck, buck 50 over the price of 6 Budweisers.

I remember reading about the beer shortages in Germany during the worldcup. People were buying pints of good beer for something like 75 cents or something. Same pint is 4 to 6 bucks her in Ohio.

I go through between the following:

Water (esp in the summer when its hot),
Tea (when I need to stay calm when I play FPS's -> Anger = missed shot = more anger), Vault Soda/Energy drink hybrid (A cheap alternative to the bottom)
Bawls, Rockstar, Monster Energy drinks whenever I'm LAN Partying, never used in big amounts to avoid "body crashing".

Usually only a lot of water. If I really need caffeine then I would get sugarfee Redbull or ED lemon light. But coffee works fine too.

I'm the Dude said:
You add in the extra tax and you almost spend 10 bucks (9 and change) to buy either of those around here. What pisses me off is I bet we're paying an extra 2 or 3 bucks a six just because of import tariffs. (non-freemarket b.s. anyone?) That's what really pisses me off. I wanna be able to buy high quality imported brews and pay maybe a buck, buck 50 over the price of 6 Budweisers.

I remember reading about the beer shortages in Germany during the worldcup. People were buying pints of good beer for something like 75 cents or something. Same pint is 4 to 6 bucks her in Ohio.

Yipes! Here in Colorado I can get either for $6-7 with tax included. I was in Munich last winter and the best deal I cam across was a 32oz mug of anything from Kloster Andechs (one of the best in the world) was 2 and 1/2 euros. The same mugs were also available from Paulaner, Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, etc. although if you want a Weiss, they only serve that in the tall Weizen glasses.
If you want a good beer that should be cheaper in Ohio - you need to grab some stuff from Great Lakes. Dortmunder, Locktender,and Elliott Ness are wonderful takes on German lagers & Holy Moses is a nice Belgian Wit. If you need a good Weiss that isn't an import, Brooklyn Brewing makes a good one. In general, American craft brew is as good as anything you'll find in Germany, but typically they focus on Ale-styles a little much, while German's favor hearty lagers.

I recieve a box of bawls for free (along with those t-shirts, stickers, and etc) that they send in the LAN sponsorship stuff..

So thats what I drink while its around. Otherwise its usually water or 7up

And Im not fat because I swim competitavely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back