Your Fallout 3 Impressions

Unless Fallout 1 & 2 were similar to this, this has got to be one of the most retarded decisions ever. I don't freaking care about spoilers, if the game simply ends at the end of the main quest they should've warned us about it!

fallout 2 ends at the ending unless you mod it. Most games ummm end when you beat the end...errr

I'm going to wait on this until it drops down in price and when I get my computer running

fallout 2 ends at the ending unless you mod it. Most games ummm end when you beat the end...errr

Oblivion doesn't. The GTA series don't either. That's the whole point of a sandbox game, no? Being free to do whatever you want, even after you've completed the main quest/mission/whatever.

Meh, I've just cleared Fort Independence. Can you say butt-load of weapons?! I almost thought I couldn't move out of there with so much weaponry I was carrying :D

Ummm... No? The game asked you if you want to continue playing after finishing the main quest. There were actually a few fun things to do after you finished the game. Like finding the "game manual" (which gave a shitload of xp each time and put all your skills on max) or visiting the gal in New Reno who told you something like "go finish your things" if you wanted to screw her.

Ummm... No? The game asked you if you want to continue playing after finishing the main quest. There were actually a few fun things to do after you finished the game. Like finding the "game manual" (which gave a shitload of xp each time and put all your skills on max) or visiting the gal in New Reno who told you something like "go finish your things" if you wanted to screw her.

must be fallout 1 then, go back to overseer etc that makes more sense.

You can do the same thing in FO1. It's a little tricky, but if you plan ahead, it's not too difficult.

It's not a glitch, per se, since the designers made an especially gruesome death animation for the sans-command pod Overseer (he only comes out of his command pod at the end of the game). Just pop him with the plasma rifle or what have you, make sure you crit him, then walk out of caves. Continue playing :)

Geez. I just spent the better part of my weekend playing this game, and I have to say that it absolutely rocks!!

It does play a lot like Oblivion, which, for a first person shooter, isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's not terrible either. I just would prefer different control "feel" I guess.

Either way, as far as story, character development, and so on goes .... this game is GREAT!

Having finished the game last evening I am overall happy with it even if I found the ending a bit bland.

One thing I don't get though: In a game where I can get wasted on Psycho, hammered on booze and then blow up a city why oh why can't I light a cigarette when I'm done?!?!?

One thing I don't get though: In a game where I can get wasted on Psycho, hammered on booze and then blow up a city why oh why can't I light a cigarette when I'm done?!?!?

That's a damn good question...hell, even some of the NPCs smoke (i.e. the random hunters roaming the Wasteland).

I feel depressed playing this game. I guess the feeling of loneliness is to be expected, but the world feels too empty to be wholly enjoyable. Returning to my desktop is a shock after all the dreary grays, :eek:

I feel depressed playing this game. I guess the feeling of loneliness is to be expected, but the world feels too empty to be wholly enjoyable. Returning to my desktop is a shock after all the dreary grays, :eek:

Really? I mean, you feel kind of alone in a barren wasteland, yes... but empty? I usually don't run for more than 5 minutes without some kind of landmark, burnt out building or train... or raiders... or mercenaries out to kill me... or super mutants wanting to bash my head in....

Besides, the lonely feeling is helped out when you find Dogmeat. I love that guy. Whenever I'm traveling I stop and look back once in a while, and if he isn't there I say "WHERE'S MY PUPPY?!" But he usually appears sooner or later... probably sniffing some burnt corpse :rolleyes:

It felt empty to me at first but after playing for awhile I think they've got a nice balance. I wind up sneaking a lot because it's impossible to go any great distance outside without running into something bad, and not paying attention to what you're doing can get you ambushed. It can get hairy when [DANGER] flashes and you don't have any threats shown on the compass--or if you round a corner and come face-to-face with that 'something'.

It felt empty to me at first but after playing for awhile I think they've got a nice balance. I wind up sneaking a lot because it's impossible to go any great distance outside without running into something bad, and not paying attention to what you're doing can get you ambushed. It can get hairy when [DANGER] flashes and you don't have any threats shown on the compass--or if you round a corner and come face-to-face with that 'something'.

That's why I like having high Perception. Enemies show up on my compass before they even notice I'm there. That way I can look and find out exactly where they are to sneak up on them and plan my attack or just avoid them all together. :D

Anyone got any tips for handling a raider with a rocket launcher? I've tried a couple times to get him, but he's always in a group (hard to sneak up on).

Besides, the lonely feeling is helped out when you find Dogmeat. I love that guy. Whenever I'm traveling I stop and look back once in a while, and if he isn't there I say "WHERE'S MY PUPPY?!" But he usually appears sooner or later... probably sniffing some burnt corpse :rolleyes:

I lost Dogmeat when I told him to go find me ammo or something and he ran off... how do I get him back?

NVidia digital vibrance FTW. :D

I lost Dogmeat when I told him to go find me ammo or something and he ran off... how do I get him back?

I dunno.. I don't tell him to go get stuff for me... Hopefully he isn't dead.

BTW, anyone been to Shalebridge? It has a town icon, but I can't find much in it other than an ant colony...

I don't know if I like the game or not. You escape from the fault and they tell you to find clues about your dad but have yet to see any clues after 2 hours of playing. I mean I have only seen 3 people who don't shot at me crazy bitch in a chair, Retard kid running from monsters, and tied up gimp chick. I mean if there is a kid running around there should be at least a hand full of other people doing the same.

I dunno.. I don't tell him to go get stuff for me... Hopefully he isn't dead.

BTW, anyone been to Shalebridge? It has a town icon, but I can't find much in it other than an ant colony...

That's Shalebridge then. Effing ants...

That's why I like having high Perception. Enemies show up on my compass before they even notice I'm there. That way I can look and find out exactly where they are to sneak up on them and plan my attack or just avoid them all together.

Doesn't seem to work with quiet enemies. Mine's @ 6 and I've walked into raiders in buildings with no warning at all. Outside I *usually* get a warning.. I guess that's what a 6 in perceptions gets me, lol.

I don't know if I like the game or not. You escape from the fault and they tell you to find clues about your dad but have yet to see any clues after 2 hours of playing. I mean I have only seen 3 people who don't shot at me crazy bitch in a chair, Retard kid running from monsters, and tied up gimp chick. I mean if there is a kid running around there should be at least a hand full of other people doing the same.

Go to Megaton, it's usually the first town you get to, and it starts off the main quest.... I think you can set it in your Quests tab on your Pipboy...

I have another question... why the hell if you activate a toilet do you drink from it? I have 10 intelligence and I'm drinking from a damn toilet.... In most games it just flushes...

I have another question... why the hell if you activate a toilet do you drink from it? I have 10 intelligence and I'm drinking from a damn toilet.... In most games it just flushes...

Because there is water there. And water is precious, even dirty irradiated water. And I highly doubt it would flush, it's an apocalyptic wasteland after all :p

Because there is water there. And water is precious, even dirty irradiated water. And I highly doubt it would flush, it's an apocalyptic wasteland after all :p

Then why would they keep up and maintain a separate men's and lady's washrooms like in Megaton? I mean, I doubt they have good plumbing, but I also didn't see the big hole behind megaton that everyone goes to crap :p

Oh well.

Not sure if it's been asked previously, but is there a way to find out how much time you've played? Sorry if it's in the manual, but I didn't download it with my digitally downloaded copy :rolleyes:

Then why would they keep up and maintain a separate men's and lady's washrooms like in Megaton? I mean, I doubt they have good plumbing, but I also didn't see the big hole behind megaton that everyone goes to crap :p

Oh well.

Not sure if it's been asked previously, but is there a way to find out how much time you've played? Sorry if it's in the manual, but I didn't download it with my digitally downloaded copy :rolleyes:

save the game, then go to load - it shows playtime on the load screen.

Ahh... just like in Oblivion :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

Edit: 17 hours in at level 10.... trying to get to either Museum of Technology or Rivet City

Doesn't seem to work with quiet enemies. Mine's @ 6 and I've walked into raiders in buildings with no warning at all. Outside I *usually* get a warning.. I guess that's what a 6 in perceptions gets me, lol.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think a perception of 7 will make a significant difference. I started with a perception of 6, and noticed that too. I'd practically run right on top of enemies before the radar would show them. Than I finished the Those! quest and got the Ant Sight perk (+1 P). Now I notice my radar going crazy, red dots all over the damn place.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think a perception of 7 will make a significant difference. I started with a perception of 6, and noticed that too. I'd practically run right on top of enemies before the radar would show them. Than I finished the Those! quest and got the Ant Sight perk (+1 P). Now I notice my radar going crazy, red dots all over the damn place.

Sweet, I'm getting close to finishing that quest. And lol at the name of the quest. Thanks for the tip!

Citizen86: Talk to the boy close to the SuperDuper mart.

anyone else here being attacked for trespassing after talking to some people in rivet city. I mean this feels like the next Megaton so I don´t want to have to kill everyone in sight :(. I have not stolen anything.

Where do you get that quest?

I got it in front of the Super Duper Mart. The actual location for it is in Grayditch, a town... I believe East of the SDP. Looking straight out from the entrance of the mart, follow the road right.

Sweet, I'm getting close to finishing that quest. And lol at the name of the quest. Thanks for the tip!

Citizen86: Talk to the boy close to the SuperDuper mart.

You'll get a choice of +1 to STR or +1 to PER. I chose perception. You also get 25% resistance to fire.

For me the boy was running along the road in front of the mart, near the overpass.

anyone else here being attacked for trespassing after talking to some people in rivet city. I mean this feels like the next Megaton so I don´t want to have to kill everyone in sight :(. I have not stolen anything.

I haven't even been in Rivet City yet, but have you tried putting your gun away? They should yield to you. If not, you can just run away and wait for 3 days. They shouldn't be hostile to you after that.

Just picked this up for the 360 and started tonight and all can say is fuck you fire breathing ants!!!! I got one more to kill low health 9 bullets and a hand gun. other than that loving the game so far. oh btw any help on this part would be awesome....fucking ants!

Just picked this up for the 360 and started tonight and all can say is fuck you fire breathing ants!!!! I got one more to kill low health 9 bullets and a hand gun. other than that loving the game so far. oh btw any help on this part would be awesome....fucking ants!

It's a pretty intensive quest, I'd leave it for now and come back later. I started it at level 4, came back at 7, and hit 8 near the end of it.

Was afraid of that. You bastard ants I will be back for all your fire breathing asses! (Can you tell I hate ants lol)

Was afraid of that. You bastard ants I will be back for all your fire breathing asses! (Can you tell I hate ants lol)

I managed to get through it around level 4-5 I think. Was running quite low on ammo by the end of it though :p

Getting them to fight each other helps though... get a crit on one of the non-worker types antenna (sneak-attacking works wonders), and then run away while he goes and fights the other ants. Let them fight as much as possible.

But yes, lack of ammo during this quest was a major PITA. Looking back I can't believe how many I killed with a lowly 10mm XD

I managed to get through it around level 4-5 I think. Was running quite low on ammo by the end of it though :p

Getting them to fight each other helps though... get a crit on one of the non-worker types antenna (sneak-attacking works wonders), and then run away while he goes and fights the other ants. Let them fight as much as possible.

But yes, lack of ammo during this quest was a major PITA. Looking back I can't believe how many I killed with a lowly 10mm XD

I didn't know you could get them to attack each other. That would have definitely made a difference in my approach.

Oh well. I'm a ammo hoarder, and doing that mission seriously depleted my reserves.

The ending is terrible!

It was not a satisfying ending at all. It reminded me of the BioShock ending in ways.

Are there multiple endings? Maybe that would help.. STALKER had some crappy endings... although Bethesda hasn't really done multiple endings in the past.....

Back