Your Fallout 3 Impressions

Are there multiple endings? Maybe that would help.. STALKER had some crappy endings... although Bethesda hasn't really done multiple endings in the past.....

4, 5 if you count the different speech. But they're all pretty much the same shit.

1. Good: You do it and you're good
1a. Good: You do it and you're bad
2. Bad: You say you'll do it but don't
3. Coward: You let her do it
4. Corrupt: You do it but *SPOILER*plant the virus*SPOILER*

And that's it. The end, no more exploring, no more roaming. Just ends.

My biggest problem with the game so far is the lack of freedom. Coming out of vault 101 was great, I went to several places explored Megaton and from there did various things around the wastelands. Going to the city was where things started to get bad.

Trying to follow the route through the city was a complete nightmare, I found myself simply wanting to go from where I was standing to the building located directly in front of me. To do this I have to crawl through a whole series of tunnels which themselves have a predefined route conveniently closed of by piles of rubble. I really don't understand why I can't simply climb over some rocks or at least blast my way though.

The other thing that annoyed me was when I got to a really evil status and talked to someone, they would first say something as if they were uncomfortable with my presence. Because I had not met them they would then then give some warm and friendly introduction. At least it was a good excuse to come out of the dialog and beat them to the floor with my maxed out unarmed fighting skills.

anyone else here being attacked for trespassing after talking to some people in rivet city. I mean this feels like the next Megaton so I don´t want to have to kill everyone in sight :(. I have not stolen anything.

yes, you probably rested in the middle of town, that is trespassing apparently. Just leave and come back. They dont attack you, they just run next to you and say mean things.

anyone receive 'The Replicated Man' android locater quest yet?...that sounds very interesting...the 'You Gotta Shoot 'Em In the Head' quest also is very long just like the Moira 'Wasteland Survival Guide' one

I couldn't finish Wasteland Survival Guide because I nuked the town. Surprisingly the quest is still open even though I ran into a nuke scarred Moira and she's quite nuts now.

I just found my dad and now I'm following him across the wasteland to go do some mission... this isn't the end of the game, is it? This game is too awesome I don't want it to end.

I couldn't finish Wasteland Survival Guide because I nuked the town. Surprisingly the quest is still open even though I ran into a nuke scarred Moira and she's quite nuts now.

so can you still complete the quest even if you nuke Megaton since Moira is still alive?

so can you still complete the quest even if you nuke Megaton since Moira is still alive?

she's in underworld or outside megaton. Wandering around.

She was quite sane still for me... at least, as sane as she ever was. Ish.

If you nuke megaton, first travel to the megaton ruins, and she will tell you she is going into the city. You can then go to the history museum, and into the underworld, she will be there waiting for you to finish the quests.

I was searching for the oasis and I found some megaton refugees in a valley, they were all hostile, so I killed them all.

If you nuke megaton, first travel to the megaton ruins, and she will tell you she is going into the city. You can then go to the history museum, and into the underworld, she will be there waiting for you to finish the quests.

I was searching for the oasis and I found some megaton refugees in a valley, they were all hostile, so I killed them all.

she was never at the ruins for me. but I never saw her in megaton either. I nuked the place because she was closed at 3am

Where are the refugees? I must go finish the job.

she was never at the ruins for me. but I never saw her in megaton either. I nuked the place because she was closed at 3am

Where are the refugees? I must go finish the job.

I bet because bethesda is pussies the kids magically dont die and they live with the survivors or they are in little lamplight.

I bet because bethesda is pussies the kids magically dont die and they live with the survivors or they are in little lamplight.

That's a cute statement considering all the other mature themes in the game. :rolleyes:

Lol I bought fallout 3 played for 4-5hrs and just didn't pick it up again. Not my type of game, well neither was oblivion, I hate walking for miles upon miles confused of what to do, takes literally 10 mins some times to walk to the next objective.

36 hours in I finished the main story and I've found my interest waning, yet I know theres at least 100 more hours of legit content that I want to play all of.

I kinda wanna go through again and be more evil, I played the majority of the game "good" so I didn't do any contract killings. Did anyone get the t-51b armor? I always wanted brotherhood armor, but the stats were so shitty.

Absolutely loved this game, wish the single player lasted longer, but it was amazing the entire time. ending sequence was awesome, but the final "ending, ending" was kinda lame.

Lol I bought fallout 3 played for 4-5hrs and just didn't pick it up again. Not my type of game, well neither was oblivion, I hate walking for miles upon miles confused of what to do, takes literally 10 mins some times to walk to the next objective.

there are two types of quests in FO3

quests that are actually noted in your PIPBOY and will tell you the specific location where you're supposed to go in the World Map view in the PIPBOY and also have a destination marker in the in-game Compass HUD

the other quest are ones that are either just spoken about by NPCs or found in the Notes section of the PIPBOY

I actually didn't realize the PIPBOY told me where to go for a while, but I actually liked wandering the Wasteland and exploring new locations

well, FO3 does dump you into the wasteland without much of a clue of where to go and what to do at first.

No it doesn't. Unless of course if you're too lazy to check your Pipboy which clearly states, under Quests, "Investigate the nearby town of Megaton for information about Dad". And where is Megaton? Well, just follow the compass and/or visual signs. Not very difficult.

well, FO3 does dump you into the wasteland without much of a clue of where to go and what to do at first.

So I guess the quest marker on the compass and the map and the quest log entry that basically says "GO TO MEGATON (---> THIS WAY)" weren't clear enough for you?

So I guess the quest marker on the compass and the map and the quest log entry that basically says "GO TO MEGATON (---> THIS WAY)" weren't clear enough for you?

Maybe it's easier for people who play these types of games a lot. But you have to admit that the Pipboy isn't the most intuitive display you've ever used... and unless you pressed tab, clicked the 3rd button, went to quests, clicked on the quest, went to your world map and saw where you had to go, then it would be very easy to wander around.

Even if you did do that, it's pretty easy to wander around and not get a quest for a while. Even though I saw I had to go to Megaton, first person I met was the ex-hooker in Springvale.

Just out of interest: what's the big deal about the deathclaws? I keep reading about them mutilating people in one shot or something. I've just steamed through the Old Olney sewers and only lost half a bar of health. Good ol' dart gun.

Maybe it's easier for people who play these types of games a lot. But you have to admit that the Pipboy isn't the most intuitive display you've ever used... and unless you pressed tab, clicked the 3rd button, went to quests, clicked on the quest, went to your world map and saw where you had to go, then it would be very easy to wander around.

Even if you did do that, it's pretty easy to wander around and not get a quest for a while. Even though I saw I had to go to Megaton, first person I met was the ex-hooker in Springvale.

I for one never saw a sign for megaton, and the pipboy is LOUSY for directions. Piss poor. I just found it on my own, but I wandered around DC first >_<

Nope, especially since there's no clue that's a quest marker, the signs aren't that clear, and you're just starting and getting used to the interface in the first place. It's not like a forced tutorial showed you where quest markers were or how to use them.

No it doesn't. Unless of course if you're too lazy to check your Pipboy which clearly states, under Quests, "Investigate the nearby town of Megaton for information about Dad". And where is Megaton? Well, just follow the compass and/or visual signs. Not very difficult.

Why the hell would I check the Pipboy :p? Why would I wander around staring at that thing when there's a world right there? Either tell me that such a thing exists and will direct me, or expect that I'm not going to use it. The visual signs weren't clear to me either - I never saw a megaton sign till I was right outside the door to the city.

It's not hard to expect that many people will miss that tool for the beginning of the game. It's useless till you get most of the subways mapped anyway.

Ah quit yer bitchin', y'all.

You (should've) leaned about the compass arrow during the "tutorial" and if you didn't use/explore the Pipboy during that time, well it's your own damned fault!

And yes there is a big MEGATON THAT WAY sign. It's near the gas pumps in Springvale. Hard to miss, really.

Just out of interest: what's the big deal about the deathclaws? I keep reading about them mutilating people in one shot or something. I've just steamed through the Old Olney sewers and only lost half a bar of health. Good ol' dart gun.

Difficulty setting? I'll dare you to try that on Very Hard. I've only encountered one Deathclaw for now but that sumbitch took half a dozen missiles and frags to go down. And yes, the sumbitch can kill you in pretty much one attack.

Or you simply go to the world map and notice that there's a little square a very short distance from you and wander that way.

Personally I went around and killed the raiders on the bridge right next to where you start out. (was climbing the hill the vault was on and ran into a few...) Then I looked at my map and saw this place labeled megaton, and as it was close, I decided to wander that way.

Ah quit yer bitchin', y'all.

You (should've) leaned about the compass arrow during the "tutorial" and if you didn't use/explore the Pipboy during that time, well it's your own damned fault!

And yes there is a big MEGATON THAT WAY sign. It's near the gas pumps in Springvale. Hard to miss, really.

Difficulty setting? I'll dare you to try that on Very Hard. I've only encountered one Deathclaw for now but that sumbitch took half a dozen missiles and frags to go down. And yes, the sumbitch can kill you in pretty much one attack.

There was a tutorial? I beat up a little kid and that's it :p And took a strange test.

I somehow got all of springvale and totally missed the sign. I had 1/4 of DC figured out before I found megaton. And I even tried to blow up the tanks for fun.

Deathclaw - Dart gun. That is all. :)

Or you simply go to the world map and notice that there's a little square a very short distance from you and wander that way.

Personally I went around and killed the raiders on the bridge right next to where you start out. (was climbing the hill the vault was on and ran into a few...) Then I looked at my map and saw this place labeled megaton, and as it was close, I decided to wander that way.

World map? Why would you look there, there's DC right in front of you! And schools! And water! AND OMG A GIANT BUG FLEE!!!!!!!!1 ;)

Most of my friends missed it too at first.

I for one never saw a sign for megaton, and the pipboy is LOUSY for directions. Piss poor. I just found it on my own, but I wandered around DC first >_<

LOL.. I did the same but didn't make it as far as DC. I saw buildings and wandered into Lakeview (Lakeville?), read the sign that said "MEGATON" and ignored the arrow pointing right and thought I had arrived. ;) I sat there for awhile thinking "now what" before looking for a map in the Pipboy. Mostly I was scanning for baddies; I figured Bethesda would toss a few my way right outside of the vault as a sort of welcoming committee.

LOL.. I did the same but didn't make it as far as DC. I saw buildings and wandered into Lakeview (Lakeville?), read the sign that said "MEGATON" and ignored the arrow pointing right and thought I had arrived. ;) I sat there for awhile thinking "now what" before looking for a map in the Pipboy. Mostly I was scanning for baddies; I figured Bethesda would toss a few my way right outside of the vault as a sort of welcoming committee.

I actually ran into a radscorpion on one start right outside... I was pounding on the door trying to get back into the vault!

Back