Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I wonder how many people happily using Steam accounts are the same ones griping about not being able to sell used games.
I wonder how many people happily using Steam accounts are the same ones griping about not being able to sell used games.
Why are you guys angry? Why would anyone with a pc want a console? That's what I don't understand.
Because PC games are on sale, and almost never cost $60. I got Portal 2 when it first came out for $30. Most games tend to be cheaper then that. At those prices, who cares about reselling their games?
Also, once we're done with the game, we can mod it. Literally turning the game into a new game. When you're done with a game on the console, you get to pay for a DLC.
Don't think anyone is angry. As for why? Because I enjoy some games on pc and some games I enjoy on my 55" tv with surround sound sitting in my recliner. Why people seem to believe that owning one invalidates owning another is beyond me.Why are you guys angry? Why would anyone with a pc want a console? That's what I don't understand.
Why are you guys angry? Why would anyone with a pc want a console? That's what I don't understand.
It as quite some time before portal 2 was $30 on pc. Don't make crap up to make your point.
I'm buying it anyways. I've been a fan of the xbox since day one. As far as the always connected I don't give a shit. Anyone that has uses steam should be used to no used games and having to be online for certain things to work.
I'll be bummed if you can play used games on it but it won't be a deal breaker. Just means now certain games won't be purchased until they drop to like $20.
I have a decent gaming rig but I find it more enjoyable to play games in my living room.
It as quite some time before portal 2 was $30 on pc. Don't make crap up to make your point.
Last I check, xbox is competing with Sony's Playstation, not Steam.![]()
He's hardly making things up. Some sites ran deals shortly after the release. Hell, it was only $10 on Steam six months after release, and that's when I picked it up (winter Steam sale). The game was too short in many people's opinions to pay $60, and the price was cut in half within two months of it coming out (summer Steam sale).
And either way, his point is still fully valid. If you watch the prices of good console games, they take much longer to come down. Mario Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword are both still $50 at almost any place, even though they're both over a year old.
I pre-ordered Portal 2 for $30 and had it on day one so no he wasnt making anything up.
No, I wasn't lying. It was a sale, not the regular price. But Steam sales happen very often.It as quite some time before portal 2 was $30 on pc. Don't make crap up to make your point.
That all really depends. We're PC gamers, but gamers non the less. If say a game is only being released to console, we may have to buy that console. The first game that comes to mind is Halo. Luckily Halo sucked past Halo 2, so it's not like we're upset if we lose the chance to play it. But if like Halo 5 turns out to be awesome, we'll have to deal with the stupid fucktary of Xbox One.Why are you guys angry? Why would anyone with a pc want a console? That's what I don't understand.
Yea, are games locked to your console or account? That's important, cause if Xbox One gets a red ring of death, does that screw you out of your games? Can you like move from one Xbox to another, while keeping all your games. BTW, you can do that with Steam.What you CAN'T do is let your friends borrow your game. Your only option for giving a game to your friend will be to sell it to them as a used game, in which case you lose all your progress and saves and cannot play the game again on your account/console (unless you once again pay the used game fee).
Fuck this shit, and nice one on keeping the M$ bias flowing with only positive news in the OP.
Steve, you love feeding the nerd ragers![]()
I wonder how many people happily using Steam accounts are the same ones griping about not being able to sell used games.
What you CAN'T do is let your friends borrow your game. Your only option for giving a game to your friend will be to sell it to them as a used game, in which case you lose all your progress and saves and cannot play the game again on your account/console (unless you once again pay the used game fee).
Expect an additional fee to resell 2nd hand games. This generation is all about training consumers into having their games locked to their accounts.
Why does everyone keep repeating this?![]()
There are no fees for lending games.
https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/statuses/336952046345400320
Ummm you can NOT lend your game to a friend to play... you need to lend them your ACCOUNT. Since they need to sign on your account to play.
"gamers could bring their games to a friends' house to play without paying a fee - but only if the game's owner is signed in to the Xbox Live account with which it is registered."
There is a fee to play a game on a different account/profile...
"If the player wanted to lend the game to that friend, a fee would be required in order to play the title on a different Xbox Live profile."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22623010
Ummm you can NOT lend your game to a friend to play... you need to lend them your ACCOUNT. Since they need to sign on your account to play.
"gamers could bring their games to a friends' house to play without paying a fee - but only if the game's owner is signed in to the Xbox Live account with which it is registered."
There is a fee to play a game on a different account/profile...
"If the player wanted to lend the game to that friend, a fee would be required in order to play the title on a different Xbox Live profile."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22623010
I do not have an Xbox 360. What is the benefit of a Gold Account? What is it needed for? What can I not do if I do not have one and how much does it cost?
Is the same type of Account going to be needed for the Xbox one?
I do not have an Xbox 360. What is the benefit of a Gold Account? What is it needed for? What can I not do if I do not have one and how much does it cost?
Is the same type of Account going to be needed for the Xbox one?
Expect an additional fee to resell 2nd hand games. This generation is all about training consumers to bend over and take it without question..
So the media (Wired via BBC) trumps Microsoft's statement above? Umm, okay.![]()
FTFY.
Depends on the Microsoft statement you pick. One guy says no, 10 other Microsoft guys say there will be a fee. One guy even says there will be a fee "as much as the first player pays".
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."
"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.
"Lets assume its a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.
I don't understand why everyone is so butt hurt about this, particular on [H]. The PC gaming community has embraced Steam with open arms - a platform where once a game is purchased it is yours forever, no exceptions. You can't sell it, you can't lend it to a friend. I've never seen a single bitch about this on PC.
So why then is a console having restrictions on second-hand sales the end of the damn world? Per rumor... You can still play your game on a friends console (albeit on your Live account), and you can still sell it, choosing to have it deactivated on your account or have a duplicate license given for a fee. It boggles my mind that these reasonable restrictions are somehow received worse that the significantly more restrictive PC market.
I do have another concern too. Do the game company get a cut? I think they should because if anyone can claim a loss of sales, its the gaming company. (Not that I think it's right, but I don't see how Microsoft fits into the equation here.)
but can it play MKVs or 5.1 channel mp4s?