Xbox game pass PC

Coming to PC Game Pass in June: Assassin’s Creed Origins, For Honor: Marching Fire Edition, Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection

I'm glad Ninja Gaiden is coming to Game Pass as I've always wanted to give it a try but I wasn't going to pay for it as I heard the PC port was pretty terrible (no kb/m support)

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/05...nce/?ocid=XGP_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_5.31.1

View attachment 478657
I was still on the fence about Chorus, so I'll be happy to give that a go as well.

Ninja Gaiden Collection was jank enough that I got a refund when it launched. Still, I like those games and I know they got at least one update patch. I'll give 'em another shot since I have Gamepass anyway.

PC Game Pass in August

Game Pass.png

Death Stranding is a good Gamepass title just because of how divisive it is. Some people are going to love it, some are going to hate it, and some people (like myself) will fall somewhere in-between. Being able to install it and give it a go sans commitment will make that a lot more tolerable. Once you play the first real/open area, you'll know if the game is for you or not.

there are enough game now on gamepass to justify purchase, except the fact that I'd have to use the clunky windoze store,

call me back when they support steam

there are enough game now on gamepass to justify purchase, except the fact that I'd have to use the clunky windoze store,

call me back when they support steam

You don't actually have to use the Windows store. The Xbox app has its own front-end just for downloading games. They're coming from the same place, but it's a better interface. No clue about exact %'s, but many newer games even download the games to a normal folder without a UWP wrapper. That finally lets you tinker with config files and/or run alternate executables and whatnot.
I'm not saying it's an ideal experience, but it's getting better. For $10 per month, you only have to download and play 2-3 games a year to justify the price.

You don't actually have to use the Windows store. The Xbox app has its own front-end just for downloading games. They're coming from the same place, but it's a better interface. No clue about exact %'s, but many newer games even download the games to a normal folder without a UWP wrapper. That finally lets you tinker with config files and/or run alternate executables and whatnot.
I'm not saying it's an ideal experience, but it's getting better. For $10 per month, you only have to download and play 2-3 games a year to justify the price.
What, the same shit xbox family of-apps that didny tell me anywhere that my bluetooth-connected controller couldnt have its firmware updateduntill wired?

there isnt evbven a fucking option for more information after I connected ther app to my controller- i had to sift through pages nof steam support pAGES BEFORE i DISCOVERED THE USB--ONLY

What, the same shit xbox family of-apps that didny tell me anywhere that my bluetooth-connected controller couldnt have its firmware updateduntill wired?

there isnt evbven a fucking option for more information after I connected ther app to my controller- i had to sift through pages nof steam support pAGES BEFORE i DISCOVERED THE USB--ONLY

That's not that unusual. As far as I know the only way to ever wirelessly update the firmware for any PC pad is via special adapters like the Xbox wireless dongle or Sony's short-lived PS4 pad wireless adapter.

The only reason that pos app is tolerable is the price. Shame on MS for letting it be such a bare-bones platform for so long.

The only reason that pos app is tolerable is the price. Shame on MS for letting it be such a bare-bones platform for so long.

Honestly, I don't really mind the interface or anything about the store itself. I mean, I'm literally just opening it to download a game here and there. As long as there's a search box and a list of all the available games, that works for me. The UWP thing was infuriating, though. Too many games have multiple executables, file configs, etc. that you would want/need to access for that nonsense.

The Xbox app on Windows is really good, now. It doesn't have the unresponsiveness and lag of the Microsoft Store, and things actually download quickly. You also have more freedom in how to download games and updates, practically matching Steam at this point. It isn't bloated in any way and it's easy to navigate.

That's not that unusual. As far as I know the only way to ever wirelessly update the firmware for any PC pad is via special adapters like the Xbox wireless dongle or Sony's short-lived PS4 pad wireless adapter.
yeah thats normal for most devices

xbox app works fine, it has its own game store and they keep adding all the crap from steam that people whine is missing.....

Phil Spencer confirms that the game library from Activision Blizzard will be made available through Game Pass. No word if future releases like Modern Warfare 2 (2022) will be made available day 1, but it is typical for first-party titles to do so. It's important to note that the acquisition is still being challenged in some parts of the world.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2022/09/01/gaming-everyone-everywhere/

Scorn (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 14
A Plague Tale: Requiem (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 18
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (PC) – October 6
The Walking Dead: Season Two (PC) – October 6

October.png

Ah, Scorn got moved up a little. It was supposed to launch the last week of the month. I've been waiting on that one, so I'm down.

Excellent, I just converted another 3 years of xbox gold into gamepass so I'm happy to see more gamepass games lol.

Evil West is a game I'd been meaning to play, so that's cool. The Quarry is a hell of a 1-and-done movie/game, but it's console-only.

So I think it's important to look back at our decisions. I got in on gamepass when there was that deal where you could buy the live point cards and convert them. I think it came out to be a good deal at the time. I only played like 4 games on there in the 3 years I had it. For me, the math didn't work out, even at the good discount. I'm sure I am in the majority here and MS is making a killing.

I made out like a bandit with gamepass. Just Xbox exclusives alone plus connection with PC was worth it.

Since purchase I played Forza games, Halo games, Gears of War games, Plague Tale games, and tons of other smaller games that I may not have even touched.

For me the sub is definitely worth it. However, the new pricing may give me pause so when it expires in 2025, I may only sub for months where I know a game releases and I will be able to finish it in the same month.

I do ok on it. Mainly play BF2042 these days. Figure I will also give Diable IV a run and maybe try Evil West. I am also waiting to see if UFC 5 ever comes. I played a bit of 4 on Xbox.

I do ok on it. Mainly play BF2042 these days. Figure I will also give Diable IV a run and maybe try Evil West. I am also waiting to see if UFC 5 ever comes. I played a bit of 4 on Xbox.
EA games usually hit standard EA Play a year after release, so I wouldn't expect it until November.

I feel like Game Pass gives me just enough value to keep it going year-round. If I play 2 new (full-price) games each year, it's justified IMO. Right now I'm averaging that along with 3-5 slightly older games each year. Plus, I've discovered some absolute gems like Ori and Forza Horizon 4 that I likely would have never played otherwise. It's also saved me from paying full price for several games I didn't like, too.

So I think it's important to look back at our decisions. I got in on gamepass when there was that deal where you could buy the live point cards and convert them. I think it came out to be a good deal at the time. I only played like 4 games on there in the 3 years I had it. For me, the math didn't work out, even at the good discount. I'm sure I am in the majority here and MS is making a killing.
I actually make really good use of gamepass, my son too. We constantly play games off it, I love using it on my htpc as well. It also gives me a chance to check out games I'd never purchase normally (brotatoe is still my go to kill 20 minutes game lol).

I'm still operating off the 3 years of gold to gamepass conversion but even after that expires I'll probably keep it subbed. Especially with them owning blizz/act it's only a matter of time before more big name games come to it, like COD. The fact that we are getting D4 is a good sign of more AAA games coming to it in the future.

Last edited:
Back