SnackDaddy
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 19, 2004
- Messages
- 48
Did you happen to DL the Official WoW fansite kit? I believe there were some good images in there. Haven't looked at it recently though. Is there already a plan in the works for a website?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
SnackDaddy said:Did you happen to DL the Official WoW fansite kit? I believe there were some good images in there. Haven't looked at it recently though. Is there already a plan in the works for a website?
bonkrowave said:When I was on last night, there was some talk of it. I think it would be a cool idea.
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:Should try and get a group picture of the guild
I would deffinately like to get our own webstite going, however atm I dont have the money to put towards one (just spent a bunch on an engangement ring. )
edit: cool banner btw and I'm d/ling the Fansite Kit now
bonkrowave said:I dont think it would cost very much to get a site up and running. I know of a few places that I could get to host it. Maybe if we are really nice someone in the [H]ard|OCP community could provide space? maybe a domain name ?
<.< >.> <.<
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:yeah it's not much. http://ipowerweb.com/products/webhosting/index.html treated me well when I was with them before.
bonkrowave said:Well I threw together a quick concept banner for the [H]ard|OCP guild. So here it is, and let me know what you guys think.
![]()
I wasn't too sure about the rising sun symbol, as I used the pic of seleste in Mauradon as a template to work off of.![]()
SnackDaddy said:I almost hate to mention it, because I'm fully aware of my poor completion rate on "Spare Time" projects, but I do happen to have a decent server sitting idle. I could potentially host about anything we wanted to. We could use dyndns.org for DNS and a prebuilt "Portal" site like: http://www.mwpx.com Here is a working site that uses it. http://www.kcrpca.org. I prefer ASP myself, that is what I'm most familar with. Some of the other ones are nice too.
bonkrowave said:EDIT : Im an asshat, need to read more carefully
Ya I know the undead and the trolls are not in the pic, sorry guys. If I find suitable images of them I will edit them in to.
EDIT: Found a troll shamen and undead mage, which I will edit in tommorow or something. At least that way we have all the Horde races in the banner.
wfalcon said:Cool - looking good so far. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about web design - but that may change if the insurance company has to retrain me for a different job since I can no longer do field support.
Looks nice, but shouldn't we have, y'know, an Undead Rogue on there. Especially since the guild is getting overrun with rogues now.bonkrowave said:Well I threw together a quick concept banner for the [H]ard|OCP guild. So here it is, and let me know what you guys think.
![]()
I wasn't too sure about the rising sun symbol, as I used the pic of seleste in Mauradon as a template to work off of.![]()
braamer said:Looks nice, but shouldn't we have, y'know, an Undead Rogue on there. Especially since the guild is getting overrun with rogues now.
amen!]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:You can't have too many rogues.![]()
wfalcon said:Looking good so far bonk.
BTW, that wasn't Seleste that hit 60. That would've been an awfully fast grinding session to get there from his 49 yesterday.I think it was posted quickly without realizing this is the [H] guild thread and not the WOW char thread.
bonkrowave said:WoopsI saw someone hit 60 and I thought, well the only one close was seleste. Cheerfully withdrawn.
wfalcon said:Bah - don't worry about it. Considering we see him on all the time, it's an understandable mistake.![]()
![]()
bonkrowave said:I just thought I would post an updated banner. I got the troll in there, still have to put in the undead, that will come soon enough. Also this banner is smaller then what I plan on. I would like this to fit across the entire top of the page, so please remember this is a concept and the final version will have things space further apart.
Im thinking the undead will go on the far left just udder, er .... under the tauren.
![]()
Oh and I did want to add, that I have experience in web design, so I dont think a website will be a problem at all, when we pool our resources.
EDIT : All four Horde races are now on the banner.
bonkrowave said:I just thought I would post an updated banner. I got the troll in there, still have to put in the undead, that will come soon enough. Also this banner is smaller then what I plan on. I would like this to fit across the entire top of the page, so please remember this is a concept and the final version will have things space further apart.
Im thinking the undead will go on the far left just udder, er .... under the tauren.
![]()
Oh and I did want to add, that I have experience in web design, so I dont think a website will be a problem at all, when we pool our resources.
EDIT : All four Horde races are now on the banner.
Very nice.bonkrowave said:I just thought I would post an updated banner. I got the troll in there, still have to put in the undead, that will come soon enough. Also this banner is smaller then what I plan on. I would like this to fit across the entire top of the page, so please remember this is a concept and the final version will have things space further apart.
Im thinking the undead will go on the far left just udder, er .... under the tauren.
![]()
Oh and I did want to add, that I have experience in web design, so I dont think a website will be a problem at all, when we pool our resources.
EDIT : All four Horde races are now on the banner.
Hate_Bot said:I made a new charatcer cuz my last one screwed up, if anyone wants to add me, my name is Kitado
user name: hatebot
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:I'm on it.
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:You can't have too many rogues.![]()
Neurofreeze said:Yes, you can. There are far too many rogues in WoW. Ever see all the complaining that level 60 rogues do because they can't get into high-end instances?
(By the way, I'm not a Rogue, nor have any Rogue alts.)
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:Alright, hardguild.net is officially registered through godaddy.com and we also now have webhosting!![]()
KRiTiKuL FX said:Dunno if bonkrowave does it or not, but I do dynamic content programming (PHP/ASP/.NET), and can do it if need be.