WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

There's a HUGE penalty to XP once you hit 85 if you aren't in Pandaria. The quests themselves still give the same XP as before but actual mob xp gets severely reduced.

This is mainly due to the fact that a level 85/84 Pandaria mob on the world map has significantly more HP than a level 85 cata world mob.

Riight. Time to move on then. Thanks for the tip.

I need to get a copy of WoD Collector's Edition (box version, not digital), but I'm torn on what to do. I could pre-order it on Amazon and get it day 1...but then again I'd like the instant 90 to make an alliance warlock to get the green fire/title done since you can't get the title when the expansion is out...Damn my need for wanting the boxed version.

There's a HUGE penalty to XP once you hit 85 if you aren't in Pandaria. The quests themselves still give the same XP as before but actual mob xp gets severely reduced.

This is mainly due to the fact that a level 85/84 Pandaria mob on the world map has significantly more HP than a level 85 cata world mob.

That and the fact that they didn't want people having 20+ cata quests ready to turn in on the day MoP was released and getting a large amount of exp that way. They did the same thing in WoTLK->Cata too.

The best way to level is to immediately leave for the next zone once you hit the proper level for it. There's always an increase in exp. for both mobs and quests. It was more dramatic when the experience levels were higher (128k exp for a quest in that desert place from cata to 160k exp per quest at twilight highlands), but it's still there. I managed to level a rogue from 82->90 in well under an hour per level now that they've reduced the exp required for 85-90. Quests give half a bar exp a piece it felt like and doing a dungeon with quests is always good exp.

I need to get a copy of WoD Collector's Edition (box version, not digital), but I'm torn on what to do. I could pre-order it on Amazon and get it day 1...but then again I'd like the instant 90 to make an alliance warlock to get the green fire/title done since you can't get the title when the expansion is out...Damn my need for wanting the boxed version.

You can still get the green fire, however you cannot get the title anymore since 6.0.2 already rolled out.

That's really the reason why I want to do the quest before WoD drops, the title!

You can still get the title. See the achievement date here:
us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Noobies/achievement#81:a9016

After 6.0.2 the fight is a complete joke, btw.

I know, I meant when the expansion drops, I heard the title is going away. Unless I am mistaken about that?

Yeah I just looked. I thought it was as soon as 6.0 dropped, but it seems when wod drops you can't get it anymore.

If you have a friend who is ok with getting WoD a few days late you can buy a digital copy, get your 90 now, then when you get your collectors edition WoD into your battlenet account speak to a Blizz CS rep and get a code for a digital version to give to a friend.

So this weekend I decided to go back and solo the Cataclysm raids because I never did them and wanted to see how my LFR geared prot warrior would fare (530 ilvl). That and the plate gear / weapons from that expansion look awesome.

Blackwing Descent didn't pose any troubles on 25N, Bastion of Twilight was doable on 25 apart from blackout on Theralion (dragon twins) doing way more damage than I had health. Got to Firelands and cleared up to the gatekeeper Baleroc before running into his decimation blade 1 shotting me (110k+ damage) and parry/dodge is nowhere near where it used to be so RNG was not on my side. Dropped to 10 to burn him before he ever used the ability. On a side note the Firebird fight was really cool! Would have loved to see this at 85.

Put it back up to 25m and took out the Archdruid, finally reaching Ragnaros. Serious nostalgia trip here since I killed him back in the Molten Core days when he was current content. Wasn't expecting the meteors in the last phase. Anyway, after finally bringing him down I loot him and rummage through my inventory, slightly disappointed because the Sulfuras hammer didn't drop. I head back to town and start vendoring off the non-plate items and then see:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=69224

On my first kill ever. Friend wants to kill me because he's been farming it for a year. And it's glorious :)

started playing again a few weeks ago... looking forward to the new expansion. I always love new expansions and leveling etc.. moved 2 90's to a care bear.. no thx ganking while leveling.

I was actually pretty close to the legendary cloak on one toon.. so.. picked that up.. just need 3 more titan runestones. Im told that cloak will be useful leveling in WoD, so worth getting if possible.

found a nice chill guild that raids etc, but without being dicks.

Do any of the old Hard guild, later Seven Sins, still play?

I came back to WoW about 3 months ago only to find that my guild disbanded and previously popular west coast server being classified as 'New players'. It was really hard to find a raiding guild playing at acceptable times (Ii'm on east coast), so the best solution was to utilize Open Raid. I've found a bunch of decent groups to run SoO heroic and now mystic, and plenty of people to old raids and dungeons for achievement.

Highly recommending OpenRaid.us (or .eu) if you're can't find a decent raiding guild on your own server.

Highly recommending OpenRaid.us (or .eu) if you're can't find a decent raiding guild on your own server.

OpenRaid functionality is built into the client now. Hit "O", and select the Raid tab.

Had a blast taking down Ra-Den last night, only seven attempts required. It was our first kill on him, so not too hard. I was likely the poorest geared person there @550.

OpenRaid functionality is built into the client now. Hit "O", and select the Raid tab.

The new raid finder is a tiny subset of what OpenRaid offers. It's okay to use it if you just want a quick random PuG, but very hit or miss.

Do any of the old Hard guild, later Seven Sins, still play?

I subbed again. Playing on Aggramar, pve server. Got tired of pvp so followed Shorte\Nuco there since he is also a local friend. He hasn't played for a year or so.

My guild there is dead but I honestly don't have the time to be a raider again. I just use LFR when I have time and can deal with the fools.

I subbed again. Playing on Aggramar, pve server. Got tired of pvp so followed Shorte\Nuco there since he is also a local friend. He hasn't played for a year or so.

My guild there is dead but I honestly don't have the time to be a raider again. I just use LFR when I have time and can deal with the fools.

I no longer have the time I did, when in Seven Sins, however I would like to get back into some 5 man content. I am still on Stormscale although no one, I did know, is still on the server.

dont blame you guys for going to care bear - I recently resubbed and I approximate my mage and warlock died 30 times due to ganking when I was soloing to get to 90. My largest bane were kitty druids and the occasional rogue. I don't profess to be any good at pvp but trying to fight back as a warlock was worse than the mage. Usually when it started going south I had a small chance of surviving as a mage due to invisibility but the warlock was always toast.

exactly.its not like it's fair or fun or anything, when your questing on a pvp realm, and usually more than 1 get ya while your in combat, etc.

i find it stupid to endure anymore. thus, went to care bear.

I got my legendary cloak last night, Im told it will be useful while leveling in WoD, so.. what the heck. very cool graphics on it to ( mage )

Im told that the BoA Heirloom staff from a Garrosh kill is worth having for leveling as well, so, Im going to look for a carry or something, since my iLvl is low, and my skills even lower in general, until I play more and learn again.

exactly.its not like it's fair or fun or anything, when your questing on a pvp realm, and usually more than 1 get ya while your in combat, etc.

i find it stupid to endure anymore. thus, went to care bear.

I got my legendary cloak last night, Im told it will be useful while leveling in WoD, so.. what the heck. very cool graphics on it to ( mage )

Im told that the BoA Heirloom staff from a Garrosh kill is worth having for leveling as well, so, Im going to look for a carry or something, since my iLvl is low, and my skills even lower in general, until I play more and learn again.

I got my BoA bow from Garrosh, and I can tell it'll be very useful while leveling. It was almost triple my bow's damage, since the last time I played my hunter was during the end of Cata with Deathwing. About how long does it take to get the cloak? I'm so out of touch with this expansion, it's nuts.

I got my BoA bow from Garrosh, and I can tell it'll be very useful while leveling. It was almost triple my bow's damage, since the last time I played my hunter was during the end of Cata with Deathwing. About how long does it take to get the cloak? I'm so out of touch with this expansion, it's nuts.

You can't get it anymore. I wouldn't worry about weapons and cloaks, they'll all be replaced. Unless there's an experience bonus on them it's pointless, and that's coming from soneone who finally decided to get into join a garrosh group after not doing a single raid this entire expansion and got a weapon. Leveling has and never will be difficult. Even pre-tbc the hardest part of leveling for me was finding new quests. I was in northern STV and had finished my quests in the area so I went down and started doing red-level quests and even that just took a bit of time.

Also, this expansion is officially over in less than a week so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The scenery was pretty but the panda stuff didn't do much for me.

I wouldn't worry about weapons and cloaks, they'll all be replaced. Unless there's an experience bonus on them it's pointless,

This was my thinking. I saw several post from people who didn't think the weapons were that much better 90-100. My server has runs going for 25k. I think I will just log in at the time and offer 5k for a spot if they need to fill a spot. If not oh well.

On beta, my mythic warforged gun was better than the heirloom until level 95ish. It might have been 94 had I had any Draenor gems (heirloom has 2x red gem slots vs other weapon's 1 gem slot).

The heirloom and cloak will be nice and should last for most people. But leveling isn't that difficult either.

This was my thinking. I saw several post from people who didn't think the weapons were that much better 90-100. My server has runs going for 25k. I think I will just log in at the time and offer 5k for a spot if they need to fill a spot. If not oh well.

I only paid 5K for my run, but it's pennies compared to a nice weapon I won't really have to worry about replacing. Plus I kind of got to be in the fight, so that's cool.

Is the quest for the cloak completely out of the game, or? I'm assuming if you started it, they let you finish it, that kind of deal? A buddy of mine got is cloak just a few days ago, I'm assuming that's what his circumstance was.

I only paid 5K for my run, but it's pennies compared to a nice weapon I won't really have to worry about replacing. Plus I kind of got to be in the fight, so that's cool.

Is the quest for the cloak completely out of the game, or? I'm assuming if you started it, they let you finish it, that kind of deal? A buddy of mine got is cloak just a few days ago, I'm assuming that's what his circumstance was.

Its worth it for 5k imo

The quest cant be started but can be finished.

my family is watching the world championships on our TV with a bunch of people over. We screamed when Cdews team just pulled that win out of thier ass. Such awesome games

So the whole Nvidia DSR feature has alleviated my annoyance over the recent severe lack of AA in the game. I had never not run the game at 8x MSAA since I can remember so being able to downsample from 4K has been a relief for my eyes. I just have to live with sub 120 fps levels now... :D

So the whole Nvidia DSR feature has alleviated my annoyance over the recent severe lack of AA in the game. I had never not run the game at 8x MSAA since I can remember so being able to downsample from 4K has been a relief for my eyes. I just have to live with sub 120 fps levels now... :D

Yea I used DSR for playing wow as well. I put everything maxed out in Wow. And in the Nvidia control Panal I turn AO to Quality, and FXAA on.

Damn does the game look good in 4k with those 2 options on!

So blizzcon was pretty badass this weekend, and Metallica really rocked it in the closing ceremony. I pre-ordered my boxed collector's and took friday off, should be a good time!

I really hope these rumors of no flying mounts in WoD holds true. There is so much more interaction when there are no flying mounts.

Flying mounts pretty much kill PVP and promote flyby ganking when it does happen. At least with ground mounts you can see them coming and have a chance to react (by running or otherwise).

I'll applaud them if they stick to it and have no flying the entire expansion. World PVP was so much better in vanilla because of the lack of flying - Tarren Mill, Blackrock Mountain, AQ gates. Yeah it sucked sometimes when the raid got held up for 30 minutes due to fights breaking out on the way to Molten Core / BWL, but it was fun and forced you to interact with the other faction. I remember the first time we saw someone running around with the Hand of Ragnaros wrecking people; it was awesome even though we were on the receiving end.

I too miss the world PvP.

Sadly, though, babies will cry about flying mounts and they'll come back.

The ONLY reason I'll miss flying mounts is mining minerals...its super easy and quick to mine when flying, other than that, I hope flying goes away forever, except for the taxi service of course.

Flying mounts pretty much kill PVP and promote flyby ganking when it does happen. At least with ground mounts you can see them coming and have a chance to react (by running or otherwise).

I'll applaud them if they stick to it and have no flying the entire expansion. World PVP was so much better in vanilla because of the lack of flying - Tarren Mill, Blackrock Mountain, AQ gates. Yeah it sucked sometimes when the raid got held up for 30 minutes due to fights breaking out on the way to Molten Core / BWL, but it was fun and forced you to interact with the other faction. I remember the first time we saw someone running around with the Hand of Ragnaros wrecking people; it was awesome even though we were on the receiving end.

They will put flying back in. Why should they force anyone to interact in a way the don;t want to? Who cares about pvp and their crying about being ganked. Ganking existed before flying and will still exist. If you don't like it don't pvp.

Pre-ordered WoD last night. Haven't played Wow in a few years so this should be fun for me.

They will put flying back in. Why should they force anyone to interact in a way the don;t want to? Who cares about pvp and their crying about being ganked. Ganking existed before flying and will still exist. If you don't like it don't pvp.

lol wut?

Why should they force anyone to interact in a way the don;t want to?

Because it's their game and they don't read what people say, 99% of the time. If they want to take flying out permanently, they will, and we'll suck it up or leave.

On a positive side, my boxed collector's shipped today and it's already a few towns over. I'll be playing from about 8PM Thursday night until who the fuck nows when Friday. Pretty pumped.

Back