WoW; 5th expansion Warlords of Draenor

Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel is the Final Planned Raid of Warlords of Draenor
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...the-Final-Planned-Raid-of-Warlords-of-Draenor

LOL, this game is dead to me now. Sad to see the team who's running this game now, let it fade away so poorly.

Patch 6.2 is the final patch, until the next expansion release, whenever that is next year or two.

So looks like another 12 months of nothing new at all again, between this patch and the next expansion release. :rolleyes:

Dev Interview - Hellfire Citadel is the Final Planned Raid of Warlords of Draenor
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...the-Final-Planned-Raid-of-Warlords-of-Draenor

LOL, this game is dead to me now. Sad to see the team who's running this game now, let it fade away so poorly.

Patch 6.2 is the final patch, until the next expansion release, whenever that is next year or two.

So looks like another 12 months of nothing new at all again, between this patch and the next expansion release. :rolleyes:

Man they have really farked up with this expansion. I usually sub 3-6 months with a new expansion but they way they have been going I'm not sure I'll bother with them again.

...although I have to admit the rage on the net over the interview amuses me :)

Lately WoW is more solo friendly then massive multiplayer. And Garrisons made it worse, just stay in your own little area, away from everyone else.

And rush to end level just to play a few Raids. If you don't Raid this game offers ZERO to do at cap level.

WoW Down to 5.6 Million Subscribers
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...bscribers-WoW-Down-to-5-6-Million-Subscribers

IMO WoD sucked, and Garrisons makes the game more single player, than feeling like a MMO. And the quests just suck balls, too grindy, let's see more Skyrim storyline driven quests. This game has become World of Raidcraft. If you don't Raid, then the game is pretty much useless, which is sad to see.

We'll see what happens when the new expansion gets announced Thursday.

I'm excited.

We'll see what happens when the new expansion gets announced Thursday.

I'm excited.

Drop Garrisons. And bring back Faction shared cities like Shatt, and Dal. And more to do at end game, besides just Raiding.

I agree.

Garrisons suck shit. I was just saying I'm excited to see whats in store. I quit playing for so many years and kind of regret it. There was so much good content I missed, then I came back to WoD. =\

I will say xfering to a RpPvP server helped. I don't even RP, but the servers are so much more fun because of the people. Just don't be a total dickwad and ruin it for the RP'ers and they don't care that you aren't a RP.

Bashiok leaving for NCSoft probably stings a little.

As does the sub count being at its lowest since Vanilla (5.6m). According to the earnings call patch 6.2 helped "stabilize" the sub loss, but it isn't going to hold. I resubbed for the patch and within a week I was bored, I haven't even done HFC. If it wasn't for the game tokens I probably would stay unsubbed until the next expansion, which would be a first for me. Now I will just be popping a token every once in awhile to see if I've stopped being bored of the game.

I went back to swtor after not playing it since six months after it released. I have had more fun playing it these past few weeks than several months in WoD. Unless I see something amazing the next WoW expansion will be the first I don't resub for.

I wondered what it would be like to go back, but it's been so long.
I started playing lol in 2006, at the tail end of vanilla wow, all the way to 2010, at the start of cataclysm.

What caused me to quit was league of legends, it was a free to play game I was having more fun playing. I'm still playing it and it is still enjoyable.

I sometimes get an itch to dive back into that sort of mmo world, but I want dx12, upgraded visuals, and perhaps something new. The problem I've had with other mmo stints is that they have either never had the same fluidity of wow (aion) or had weird combat mechanics (guild wars 2 with weapons on the elementalist).

I played swtor for a bit, but grew tired of it. The visuals are so bland, and the fluidity still never felt as good as wow.

Well the one nice thing with WoW is they have finally upped the graphics a bit, it's still not up to the same quality as a lot of newer games, but it is significantly better than it was. Aside from that there is much more that they've introduced to the game since Cata, however as numbers show that game is starting to feel lacking. Not sure if its age is finally starting to really show or if it's just that they've done a poor job with content delivery as of late, but when your subs balloon to levels they haven't seen in a few years only to plummet by almost 50% in less than a year, you've gotta be doing something wrong.

Gotta assume if most of the losses are from the East (they always seem to be) and WoW is being killed by Diablo 3 (and some other game I hear) over there, even though currently Diablo 3 contains more content then all of WoD some of those brodudes will be back for a little while when the expansion drops

For some reason Blizzard gifted me Warlords of Draenor for free along with 7 days game-time.

You guys might wanna check your accounts.

Back