World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

needless to say, enemy team was unhappy, well at least one of them was all pissy in chat ;P others were good.

Z52 vs montana, 2 x Iowa, baltimore

shot-17.06.01_01.50.28-0527.jpg

I am considering using the Anshan for ranked... was sold on it in the latest warships podcast. Good chance Anshan/Cleveland. I need DE on the Anshan, only a 16pt captain, guns have a nice crackle. I'd end up having AR/BFT/DE/IFHE/CE/turret rotation for the Anshan. Tempting to switch BFT with SE.

Took her for a spin, not bad!

View attachment 26424

Not sure I like it enough, I'd rather play the shinonome, Fuso, Graf Spee (hydro + heal?!) , Cleveland for the AA! Ahh there are a lot of good choices.

Not sure I like it enough, I'd rather play the shinonome, Fuso, Graf Spee (hydro + heal?!) , Cleveland for the AA! Ahh there are a lot of good choices.

Yeah, it's a tough choice. I have to try out the Farragut again. The Anshan is fast and would play like a blysk I think, long range, spot and keep firing. It takes hits very well... shells with ifhe pen everything. It's a strong choice but is a very 'damage over time' kind of ship.

I just had a T8 Cleveland match, 194k dmg, 3200 exp. If you ever get a chance to div with Rikus do it! Great team player. We won all our matches and the last one was against Derek and Vanessaira. Van actually had a good hit on my fletcher from her tirpitz.

When the tier 6 rank comes out, I will be using the Anshan or the Arizona

They are going to do the next one at T6 ?

I just knocked the dust off my Leningrad. Man what a fun ship this thing is. You won't set the world on fire, but it is a mad capper for sure. It can lay down some serious HE damage too. Torps are average. They seem easy to spot.

It has one real weakness though. Fucking RADAR. If your power boost is available and you have the speed mike, you can scaddadle away at 48.5 knts usually, but a lucky hit takes you out easily.

Some kind of mass exodus from OPG by Kami and friends?

just wanting to do our own thing, mainly regarding preparing for supremacy league play. It's not a hard feelings thing, we left on relatively good terms.

I'm super excited for next season of ranked and getting to bust out the Farragut again. Last time I had a chance to play it in ranked I went lossless all the way to Tier 8's start.

Hopefully I can bring some of the magic back.

If anyone wants a div mate DD, hit me up. FadedSpark on NA :)

just wanting to do our own thing, mainly regarding preparing for supremacy league play. It's not a hard feelings thing, we left on relatively good terms.

had a feeling that was going to happen.. OPG's leadership excuses for not wanting to participate in supremacy was retarded and pissed me off when listening to doc's bitching that one night. glad to see it happened since you guys should school the shit out teams on supremacy.

had a feeling that was going to happen.. OPG's leadership excuses for not wanting to participate in supremacy was retarded and pissed me off when listening to doc's bitching that one night. glad to see it happened since you guys should school the shit out teams on supremacy.

Thank goodness I will likely never have to worry about this bullshit :)

Ok. On the Ultra Audio...

I don't think it's worth it. I have pretty much the highest end hardware one can have right now (7700k, 32G DDR4, GTX-1080ti, Samsung 1TB 950 Pro SSD) and for Audio I'm piping out directly to a Schitt Stack. No sound card.

And my system can't handle it.

WTF.

Constant temporary game pauses when a major sound effect occurs.

And frankly, I don't think it really sounds much better if at all. One thing WG really has a handle on is audio quality already. I'm just not sure this was needed.

Give it a try, but I think you'll end up going into the audio options and going back to high quality instead of Ultra.

Duca D'Aousta.

Anyone else have this ship?

I really thought I was gonna love this thing. Fast, uber-high velocities, etc...

But... WTF. I cannot figure this ship out to save my ass.

The guns feel like they have velocities of around 750 instead of over 1000. Either that, or they leave at over a 1000 and then immediately go into some sort of odd ass float because the arcs are much higher than I would expect and for the LIFE of me I cannot figure out how to lead shots with this damn thing.

I just don't get it. it makes no sense to me.

And the turret traverse is downright painful for a cruiser. It's like they used the turret traverse to offset the uber-high velocity guns, which it doesn't feel like it really has to me.

I actually think it's the worst premium ship I have above Tiier 5.

Ok. On the Ultra Audio...

I don't think it's worth it. I have pretty much the highest end hardware one can have right now (7700k, 32G DDR4, GTX-1080ti, Samsung 1TB 950 Pro SSD) and for Audio I'm piping out directly to a Schitt Stack. No sound card.

And my system can't handle it.

WTF.

Constant temporary game pauses when a major sound effect occurs.

And frankly, I don't think it really sounds much better if at all. One thing WG really has a handle on is audio quality already. I'm just not sure this was needed.

Give it a try, but I think you'll end up going into the audio options and going back to high quality instead of Ultra.

Having 0 problems with the audio, are you using optical out?

I think it is worth it, the gun sounds are so much better, the lingering echo is awesome . :)

Having 0 problems with the audio, are you using optical out?

I think it is worth it, the gun sounds are so much better, the lingering echo is awesome . :)

No, USB to a Schiit Stack.

I was in one of those newfangled campaigns at the time. Maybe that's where the issue is.

I have the duca, and yeah, the shells seem to get floaty real quick, I guess it makes sense, they are very lightweight. Shells from the moskva/khab feel much faster, even if their initial velocity is a touch lower.

Duca D'Aousta.

Anyone else have this ship?

I really thought I was gonna love this thing. Fast, uber-high velocities, etc...

But... WTF. I cannot figure this ship out to save my ass.

The guns feel like they have velocities of around 750 instead of over 1000. Either that, or they leave at over a 1000 and then immediately go into some sort of odd ass float because the arcs are much higher than I would expect and for the LIFE of me I cannot figure out how to lead shots with this damn thing.

I just don't get it. it makes no sense to me.

And the turret traverse is downright painful for a cruiser. It's like they used the turret traverse to offset the uber-high velocity guns, which it doesn't feel like it really has to me.

I actually think it's the worst premium ship I have above Tiier 5.
The duca shells have this really weird velocity fall off. They're amazing under 8km from everything i've seen velocity wise, but it seems the lightweight to them makes them lose velocity really sharply and end in basically a freefall when they reach targets over 12k.

I had talked to a few officers a number of times over the past few months about leaving but ended up going when I saw them kicking people.
My issue was always the segregation of cliques. Im not in a clique, and for 4 months couldnt get a regular division. I think I dived with OPG members once a week or less.
The last straw was kicking people for attendance. Thats ridiculous when the clan refused to attend any competitions. My impressions was the fear of loosing lead to all kinds of high road excuses.
"redefining competitive play" for sure.

Great bunch of people for the most part.

I had talked to a few officers a number of times over the past few months about leaving but ended up going when I saw them kicking people.
My issue was always the segregation of cliques. Im not in a clique, and for 4 months couldnt get a regular division. I think I dived with OPG members once a week or less.
The last straw was kicking people for attendance. Thats ridiculous when the clan refused to attend any competitions. My impressions was the fear of loosing lead to all kinds of high road excuses.
"redefining competitive play" for sure.

Great bunch of people for the most part.

when you're not allowed to compete in anything other than their own tourny and clan wars is still no where in sight, whats the point in scrimming.. that was pretty much where i started getting bored with the game, i love competitive play but why am i going to bash my head into a brick wall for no reason. i dunno probably at some point i'll start playing again but not until clan wars starts.. i refuse to touch ranked anymore especially after last seasons garbage rewards.

Yeah,major delay issues with Ultra here. I'm running the purist Audio you can so this should not be happening.

Whenever I get a kill, that beautiful Kill Klank is delaying like 3-5 seconds and th
The duca shells have this really weird velocity fall off. They're amazing under 8km from everything i've seen velocity wise, but it seems the lightweight to them makes them lose velocity really sharply and end in basically a freefall when they reach targets over 12k.

I am totally incapable of hitting anything past 10k with the thing, and I have no patience for the turret rotation at all. For a Cruiser.

I still enjoy the game mechanics. Sinking ships and pulling big numbers is still fun.
I still play solo 90% of the time and I'm stoaked for the new lines.
Last ranked was the first time I really tried. As someone who struggles to find divisions, ranked just took that stress away.

Game still has hooks

when you're not allowed to compete in anything other than their own tourny and clan wars is still no where in sight, whats the point in scrimming.. that was pretty much where i started getting bored with the game, i love competitive play but why am i going to bash my head into a brick wall for no reason. i dunno probably at some point i'll start playing again but not until clan wars starts.. i refuse to touch ranked anymore especially after last seasons garbage rewards.

Yeah,major delay issues with Ultra here. I'm running the purist Audio you can so this should not be happening.

Whenever I get a kill, that beautiful Kill Klank is delaying like 3-5 seconds and th

I am totally incapable of hitting anything past 10k with the thing, and I have no patience for the turret rotation at all. For a Cruiser.
The delay is only for the kills
I wonder if that is on purpose or a mistake

It's actually doing the same thing in high quality mode too.

Something is very broken

dont forget to buy the flags this weekend. the 777% ones are excellent

dont forget to buy the flags this weekend. the 777% ones are excellent

Is there a limit? I bought 3 or 4 and then they disappeared from the store.

Also, WTRF WG. Do you not have the programmer skill to enable a fucking shopping cart so we can buy more than one thing at a time? Geebus.

So...

I had this flag mounted:

upload_2017-6-10_16-39-33.png

So where is my credit for it?

With all the damn flags I had, I was really kinda disappointed in the results even though it was only a 50k game or so.

upload_2017-6-10_16-40-20.png

Where is the 777% ?

Show me the money !!!

Man, these new coop missions really highlight just how fucking stupid the average player is. They are literally mentally incapable of understanding what the hell they need to do even after 20-30 tries.

So...

I had this flag mounted:

So where is my credit for it?

With all the damn flags I had, I was really kinda disappointed in the results even though it was only a 50k game or so.

Where is the 777% ?

Show me the money !!!

It's right there in front of you with your Free XP total: 3725. That's much more than you would earn for free xp otherwise.

Man, these new coop missions really highlight just how fucking stupid the average player is. They are literally mentally incapable of understanding what the hell they need to do even after 20-30 tries.

Tell me about it:
249T4o9.jpg

Also, new high water mark (hah) for me in a cruiser:
BPkCHXP.jpg

CBwi7Yg.jpg

HLMnR0C.jpg

Take note of the Torpedo and Other damage categories. Rounded a corner to purposely take on the NC, Izumo and Yamato and did a fine job, if I say so myself. As Meatloaf once sang so horribly: two out of three ain't bad.

It's right there in front of you with your Free XP total: 3725. That's much more than you would earn for free xp otherwise.

Tell me about it:
249T4o9.jpg

Also, new high water mark (hah) for me in a cruiser:
BPkCHXP.jpg

CBwi7Yg.jpg

HLMnR0C.jpg

Take note of the Torpedo and Other damage categories. Rounded a corner to purposely take on the NC, Izumo and Yamato and did a fine job, if I say so myself. As Meatloaf once sang so horribly: two out of three ain't bad.

I don't see the number 777 anywhere. I see all the others, but not that one.

I don't see the number 777 anywhere. I see all the others, but not that one.

The total itself is the giveaway and there is no detailed report showing free xp in the results tab.

The total free xp you earned (3725) makes it clear that it was indeed active as there is no way to attain that much without the flag.

The total itself is the giveaway and there is no detailed report showing free xp in the results tab.

The total free xp you earned (3725) makes it clear that it was indeed active as there is no way to attain that much without the flag.

Ok. Gotcha!

Back