World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

Ranked - I made it to 12, it was like giving birth to a Battleship, and i'm fucking DONE.

I'm going back to random and Special Ops.

Unless they change the Ranked format next time around, im not even going to bother. It's just too frustrating.

I just went from a game where we had THREE caps, 900 points to like 700, and 4 ships to their 3.

And we fucking lost.

It needs to be change to a format where you need a certain number of wins to make the next level. This up and down horseshit is for the birds.

Now thats a pretty darn good Dunkirk round.

You can almost tell from the start whether it will be a 5 star win or not. Just count the number of SIMS in the game. Got a lot? 5 star win. Only a few? Probably a 3-4 star win or worse.

upload_2018-9-22_20-26-22.png

XVM is a mod which show every player's stats in the player panel in game. People use it to stat shame, to prioritize opponents, and to predict the outcome of matches before the round starts. It doesn't work if people hide their stats though.

if you have dual monitors there's another stats mod.. just have to make sure replays are enabled and link the program to the game folder, shows the players stats in the ship their playing, tells a whole lot more than seeing their overall stats since there's a lot of idiots that farm T1 for WR boosts yet have 10-20% winrates in T10 ships.

Ranked - I made it to 12, it was like giving birth to a Battleship, and i'm fucking DONE.

I'm going back to random and Special Ops.

Unless they change the Ranked format next time around, im not even going to bother. It's just too frustrating.

I just went from a game where we had THREE caps, 900 points to like 700, and 4 ships to their 3.

And we fucking lost.

It needs to be change to a format where you need a certain number of wins to make the next level. This up and down horseshit is for the birds.

Said it before and I'll probably say it again, WG tilts the grind heavily in favor of the house with the intent of offering illustrious prizes to the masses which in reality, the overwhelming majority of the server population will never receive.

They do the same thing in WOTS. QuickyBaby just did a video about WOTS "personal missions". A little over three weeks ago WOTS released a campaign to grind out a certain tank called the Excalibur. He points out that after three weeks of players grinding the Excalibur, the tank has only been played in 262 battles worldwide. He said that 10 or so were his matches, and speculates that between 2 and 20 people have unlocked the Excalibur.

And he's only played it because WG gave him the Excalibur, he himself is no where near completing the requirements to get the tank even though he plays WOTS more than 15 hours a week.

My hats off to you man. I just don't see how it's possible....

Are you guys going in as Divisions or something?

You have to carry and/or save your stars.

I went 60% in the Yamato and 67% WR in the Groz. I saved my star more often in the Yamato though.

No funny business just kept grinding through it. I am quite good at DDs.

I try to make every shot count. My aim is pretty damn good. Yet I can rarely pull off the #1 spot. I'm missing something, and I don't know what it is.

I try to make every shot count. My aim is pretty damn good. Yet I can rarely pull off the #1 spot. I'm missing something, and I don't know what it is.

Remember it’s more about % dmg. Shooting DDs gives tons of exp.

Saw this post about the Cossack on Reddit. I have to agree.

That's not wildly different from expectations, MM for a smoke-dependent gunboat that can't run and gun and with 120mm guns that can't penetrate a lot of ships at T10 was always going to be huge.

Even with IFHE in T10 she penetrates only 14 of the 25mm armored ships, and doesn't penetrate the 8x 27mm or 1x 26mm ship, while IFHE makes no difference to penetrating the 3x RN CL with 19mm either way. What those raw numbers don't show are that (at least on NA) the 27mm armored German and USN heavy cruisers are among the most prevalent ships.

I didn't realize until this review that she gets the rubbish RN smoke, I must have missed the dev blog. On short use in Acasta it's pretty poor, at high tiers at least you lose less to bailing on one to a radar but the emission time really sucks.

Although Haida was well deserving of inclusion, WG's choices to add gimmicks to a T6 hull to make it a T7, and then try to make Cossack different and a tier higher look increasingly questionable. She also had her stealth arbitrarily bashed down from Haida's (else concealment module would
have made her 5.1km).

Finally the extremely drawn out development hell of this ship is very disappointing. This is the first RN premium since DoY last December and she's taken almost a year from reveal to release (and a year if you want to use maximum Guineas).

I bought her because they are offering 9600 doubloons as compensation. Then I'll sell the ship to get the credits. It gets shit on by MM too hard.

You can't div up in ranked. Pretty much what Day said, I think I averaged a 55% win rate, the problem is, as day said, win or save your star, and a lot of the time, those 2 can be mutually exclusive, EG, many times I've had a DD or cruiser leave me alone in the yamato when I pushed into a position to pressure their cruisers and or BBs, and an enemy DD just sat there and hurtled torps at me for 3 -4 salvos with 0 support. in that case, I tried for the win, and lost a star since there was no support.

Other times, I can sit behind the cruisers, not put myself in any immediate danger, and get 150k save my star on a loss, or hope the rest of the team does something to cap / take out DDs.

Last edited:
He's doing a mission and I believe the SIMS AA is not bad at all for a T7 DD :)

It isn't. But even with the constant barrages of AirCraft at Dunkirk, I can't get but half of that.

Maybe it's because there is SO much AA going on at Dunkirk that it's spread out too thin.

Max AA is 54, which is what I have.

It isn't. But even with the constant barrages of AirCraft at Dunkirk, I can't get but half of that.

Maybe it's because there is SO much AA going on at Dunkirk that it's spread out too thin.

Max AA is 54, which is what I have.

Positioning. I milked the shit out of that one

I do believe this is the weirdest thing I've seen in a WoWs video yet.

I give you.... Saving Private Parks.

Now, was this just for fun or was there a real method to the madness?

/just realized that Cossack is eligible for use in Operation Dynamo.

Also one a side note, I've been grinding the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns for the last month. Back then I found out that you can repeat completed campaign missions to get the stars again, you just wont get the mission rewards more than once. In that time I've repeated tasks 1 and 2 of the Halsey campaign over and over and I'm about halfway through the entire campaign after roughly a month. All you have to do is earn the specific amount of xp or credits and you can complete them in all game modes with the exception of Arms Race.

Some nights when I'm too tired and don't feel 100% I log in and do a coop in each of my10's just to work on the legendary modules and Halsey. It's nice being able to always be taking small steps forward thanks to those missions.

Since you can work on three at a time if you have premium time, I've been running two Halsey and one Yamamoto mission the whole time. Progress is slower on Yamamoto because it doesn't accrue in coops, but at least I feel like I'm making constat progress.

Also trying to figure out my next ship move. Either wait for Daring, or go for the Yamato. I'm more of a DD main, but lately I have been enjoying cruisers with the Des Moines and Worchester. Those ships let you exert a lot of force in a small amount of time. Already have Gearing, Montana, Shimakaze, Haragumo.

Was heading for the Minotaur, but stopped because I realized that I hate 152 mm guns because they more or less require 4 points spent on IFHE. And, imo it's one ugly, ugly, muv'acker.

Last edited:

Also one a side note, I've been grinding the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns for the last month. Back then I found out that you can repeat completed campaign missions to get the stars again, you just wont get the mission rewards more than once. In that time I've repeated tasks 1 and 2 of the Halsey campaign over and over and I'm about halfway through the entire campaign after roughly a month. All you have to do is earn the specific amount of xp or credits and you can complete them in all game modes with the exception of Arms Race.

Some nights when I'm too tired and don't feel 100% I log in and do a coop in each of my10's just to work on the legendary modules and Halsey. It's nice being able to always be taking small steps forward thanks to those missions.

Since you can work on three at a time if you have premium time, I've been running two Halsey and one Yamamoto mission the whole time. Progress is slower on Yamamoto because it doesn't accrue in coops, but at least I feel like I'm making constat progress.

Also trying to figure out my next ship move. Either wait for Daring, or go for the Yamato. I'm more of a DD main, but lately I have been enjoying cruisers with the Des Moines and Worchester. Those ships let you exert a lot of force in a small amount of time. Already have Gearing, Montana, Shimakaze, Haragumo.

Was heading for the Minotaur, but stopped because I realized that I hate 152 mm guns because they more or less require 4 points spent on IFHE. And, imo it's one ugly, ugly, muv'acker.

you don't need IFHE on RN cruisers, they have no HE.. the neptune and mino are fun as hell but they both take a lot of skill to play to play properly which is why they're the most fun cruisers at high tier.

IMHO, Yamamato (LOL) is a very boring ship to play. If you like the excitement of DD play, you want the Daring. You will be bored stiff with the Yamato.

Yamatoe does everything in slow motion. Need to turn? Plan it 5 min in advance and lean on the key. And wait. It will eventually start to turn. If you need to shift your rudder half-way through, plop the cat up on the keyboard and go make a sandwhich.

And the Turrets. OMG the Turrets. You can't really use the reload Accelleration upgrade becuse it takes away like 12% of turret traverse, and thats the LAST thing you want to give up on this pig.

You don't avoid torpedo's in this thing. You eat them. All you can do it try to keep them away from the bow and stern.

Last edited:
IMHO, Yamamato (LOL) is a very boring ship to play. If you like the excitement of DD play, you want the Daring. You will be bored stiff with the Yamato.

I love the yammmmm

+ note

Arms race is fun as hell

I had my Z52 down to a 4.3km detection(or around there) 30% reduction from stock, and torps were reloading in 40 seconds, .10% per second heal!
Now imagine the Yamato on my team with a 9.5KM detection, and a 30% reduction to his main guns, that's massive damage to anything at that range :p

I love the yammmmm

+ note

Arms race is fun as hell

I had my Z52 down to a 4.3km detection(or around there) 30% reduction from stock, and torps were reloading in 40 seconds, .10% per second heal!
Now imagine the Yamato on my team with a 9.5KM detection, and a 30% reduction to his main guns, that's massive damage to anything at that range :p

Are Race IS fun but until they fix the credits issue I’m kinda done with it.

And Yammy is still boring :)

Last edited:
Arms Race has potential but unfortunately too many players don't.

Just can't do anything when people turn and run

Forgot to mention that I'm dling the PTS test while we speak, gonna try out those submarines as soon as the DL finishes.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pt-guide/

Hoping the British DD's are present as well.

I. Fucking. Hate. The. Cossack.

Good stealth, but SLOW. Horri-bad turret firing angles which mean you'll never reach theoretical DPM in most situations, Horri-bad turret rotation speed. Torpedo firing arcs are literally worse than some cruisers and bb's. You almost have to show broadside just to fire torps.

I've heard that the non premium T8 "Lightning" is a polar opposite.

If the WOWS Reddit sub can break 40,000 subs, all of the subscribers will get a free gift.

Earned all of the RN containers, 1 free one from reddit, and bought 5 or 10. No DD mission.

Curiosity got the better of me so I bought RN containers from the arsenal with all my remaining sovereigns. Finally pulled the Icarus mission.

Woke up today still feeling curious, bought 5 more RN containers from the premium shop. Pulled Acasta, two pulls later I pulled Lightning.

16k base XP and Lighting will be there in port, so I'll have a pretty good head start when Daring arrives. Lighting isn't half bad from what I've read.

I can't get lightning to save my ass. I spent $54 on 20 containers and got the shitty one's, but not lighting. Probably 2-3 dozen earned containers and still no lightning.

Apparantly Notser went through over 150 of them and never got it.

i'd just as sooni pay research XP for the damn thing but it won't let you. I have a million in the bank.

Don't spend money on containers for a mission. That's such a huge waste for a ship that's going to be part of the tech tree soon™ anyway

Don't spend money on containers for a mission. That's such a huge waste for a ship that's going to be part of the tech tree soon™ anyway

Yeah, this was a week or two ago. I'd never do it at this point.

The only reason I bought 20 was a) Cossack is such a huge piece of shit and b) they keep delaying the GD things. I got tired of waiting for what looked like a good Torpedo boat finally.

And yes, I know they've gone and fucked that all up. Dammit.

The last thing this game needs is more gun boats, and now look what theyve goiine and done. Assholes.

Yeah, this was a week or two ago. I'd never do it at this point.

The only reason I bought 20 was a) Cossack is such a huge piece of shit and b) they keep delaying the GD things. I got tired of waiting for what looked like a good Torpedo boat finally.

And yes, I know they've gone and fucked that all up. Dammit.

The last thing this game needs is more gun boats, and now look what theyve goiine and done. Assholes.

At no point have they ever been torp boats. They've always had much more of an emphasis on the guns than torps.

explain please. Sims is my most played ship.

Operation Dynamo. All but myself and two other ships actually stayed back to cover the flotilla so I had no real competition for shooting down planes. 19pt AA spec captain

At no point have they ever been torp boats. They've always had much more of an emphasis on the guns than torps.

Operation Dynamo. All but myself and two other ships actually stayed back to cover the flotilla so I had no real competition for shooting down planes. 19pt AA spec captain

OH, it was in a mission. I thought that was in normal play.

Back