World Community Grid

I typically sign us up even if the team isn't all in. Some people want the challenges and we have done well regardless each year. The WCG x-mas challenge and the Birthday Challenge is typically an all in event. As long as the team is signed up. The only one SETI.Germany hosts that normally doesn't work that way is the SETI Wow event.

We are now signed up for the birthday challenge. I will create a thread just for the challenge.

I'm already running WCG, and I'll have two more 2P rigs running it in a week or two. So I guess, by default, count me in! Now where did plext0r move his hardware to? Tell him I've got power if he needs to offload a couple of 4P rigs for the cause. ;)

Not sure. He had mentioned the possibility of losing access to a large portion of the systems he used. So, not sure what is up at the moment.

UGM project is almost completed unless the researchers decided otherwise by increasing the WU batches. At this point of writing, it is about 99.90% complete based on a total number of 28670 WU batches as reported here. My latest WU batch that I've downloaded is #28642. You can find out the WU batch as shown below. Not sure how they know that there are 28670 WU batches.

upload_2016-10-26_8-8-59.png

Another estimated 36 hours left of new WUs before resends start. I think I have a good chance of getting sapphire (2 years) badge. :D

Just got WU batch number 28655...

I picked up some of the FAH2 BETA work units last night. Supposedly more batches to come...I may have to set out more buckets.

Does one have to have the FAH2 project selected to receive these, or just the Beta WU selection?

I currently have only the Zika and Beta projects selected. Also, CEP2, but they don't have any work anymore.

I just went live on my 2670s. I was hoping to see the #1 team slot for a day or two, but I'm happy that brilong is back on the job. At least I might be #2 for a bit. That seems like a setup for an Austin Powers joke...

Austin Powers #2.jpg
Well, I work for the cure, hehe.

Awesome(y) with the 2670s. I have one too (1P only) and managed to find a budget system but with problems. Currently doing some test runs with UGM.

BTW, my best showing today at #3, just ahead of you. :p

As usual brilong took the big slice of the pie.

upload_2016-10-27_20-19-25.png

Hmm, looking at this pie chart again in another angle, I see this:

upload_2016-10-27_21-15-10.png

I showed my wife and she thought the same thing. We gotta start calling plext0r/brilong Pacman! hehe. :D

It seems that the OpenZika project may be completed sometime in Jan 2017 unless the researchers decide otherwise. For those chasing after the badge, it is still not too late to get into the game. For real time project completion, see this link here. Look for "estCompletionDate". As of now, it is projected to finish on Jan 22, 2017 excluding resend which normally will drag on for a few weeks. I'm aiming to get the sapphire badge soon. BTW, I'm focusing on this project during the Xmas challenge. Good luck.
upload_2016-12-7_21-58-16.png

Some have said there are more simulations but not whether there will be in a Phase 2 or current phase. I'm at 3.210 years and hoping to get 5 year before zika WUs run out.

Since FAAH phase 2 is on hold and HSTB is so scarce, I'm focusing more on FAAH phase 1 that just got brought back to life.

FYI, the planned Zika work has been reflected on the Research page and its now at 39% instead of 80%+.

Since UGM project completed last month, the research team provided latest updates and future plans. At least they appreciate all the volunteers who supported them. This is one very good reason I'll continue to support WCG for years to come.

Seems Zika has been extended to December 3rd now.

What's the highest badge you can earn with Zika?

100 years badge is the one I've seen officially in WCG website. Papa3 in this forum has reached 200 years of FAAH but no badge. Pretty soon I think they need to create one for this. Not like I'm going to reach there anytime soon...

See here. Each project has badges up to 100 years of computing time.

Oh okay. So I should be getting a diamond badge for openzika soon then. I'm right around 4 years and 300 days i think.

Thanks man. All my boxen are back online now. Tomorrow I've gotta tear down the NAS and replace the PSU with a beefier unit and I may or may not be replacing the Intel quad core setup inside with a 10 core, 20 thread Intel setup. ;)

Put out your buckets...

We are starting a beta test for a new research application. The software being used for this project is AutoDock VINA. For this beta workunits will be available for all platforms. We will initially start this beta slow and add more work after starting. At that point we will be loading two batches of 100,000 short running workunits each. This will give us the data we need to get a better sizing for the next rounds of beta.

Thanks,
armstrdj

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,39702

I've managed to pull 199 of the BETA work units without really trying since they announced them. Seem to run stable for me.

I just opted into BETA last week. Already at 159 myself.

Getting close to 10 years in OpenZika now also.

and smash cancer with a bronze hammer ... that was quick ... make around 22 days per day; too bad only few days to go

According to the posting in WCG forum, this portion of current SCC will finish in about a week or so. There will be a pause and perhaps new WUs will be generated in the future. No exact timing given. Looks like I've to download some SCC WUs tonite to get a sapphire badge before the pause.

My advice is to focus on getting your goals while they have work. WCG has a history of saying relax, more is coming. And then suddenly the project changes direction and you are left hanging.

Looks like SCC will likely have no more new WUs by April 17th. Not sure if this is UTC time or not. I'm starting to download more tasks now.

Looks like the work units are getting pretty slim. Too bad as I'm about to hit 4 years but was hoping for the 5 years badge. Allegedly they will just go on pause and release some more work at a later date. I won't hold my breath as they have claimed that a few times in the past and failed to do so.

I'm about 22 days short of reaching sapphire badge but I did (hopefully) suck in enough WUs yesterday to reach this milestone after the PG challenge.

Back