• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

well the Catalyst 14.6 fixed my watch dogs issue (plays rather smooth now)

but totally fucked up my Wolfenstein. I was playing smooth with zero issues on 14.4 Beta

*sigh*
 
well the Catalyst 14.6 fixed my watch dogs issue (plays rather smooth now)

but totally fucked up my Wolfenstein. I was playing smooth with zero issues on 14.4 Beta

*sigh*

Hmmm... maybe Nvidia's updated driver did the same to me?
 
This game is the THE SHIT

Best FPS shooter I've played in YEARS...and I've played a bunch of 'em.
So happy they focused on a solid SP campaign instead of farming out some tacked on MP component.

The only negative I have is with the 60FPS cap and the bundled AA/AF settings, but that can be tweaked via console.
 

hmm, let me check... nope, theres no one pointing a gun to my head to make me write this post. bank account.. nope, no money from hardforum.com either so... well, fuck you then, go serve someone, servant. btw, whats your excuse since apparently "the bitching on this forum" is so annoying for you, huh? i guess thats the end of the discussion.
 
Hi, do you know if this games support SLI?
If yes, does it scale well or has the same problem seen in rage?
 
The game does not support SLi. Apparently it supports crossfire but either way it doesn't matter since a single card can run the game at 60 fps (if running at 1080P).
 
The game does not support SLi. Apparently it supports crossfire but either way it doesn't matter since a single card can run the game at 60 fps (if running at 1080P).

in the Krenum sceenshot on this page I can see the second GPU running at 70%, are you sure that it doesn't support SLI?
is there a way to enable it?

I have a GTX580 SLI and I'm not so sure that I can maxout it with a single card @1920x1200.
 
hmm, let me check... nope, theres no one pointing a gun to my head to make me write this post. bank account.. nope, no money from hardforum.com either so... well, fuck you then, go serve someone, servant. btw, whats your excuse since apparently "the bitching on this forum" is so annoying for you, huh? i guess thats the end of the discussion.

Holy shit, hahahaha. I'm fucking with you, calm down.
 
Anyone have an issue where you load the game up and your graphics are set back to 640X480 and when you go into display options you see nonsense like "769" in the monitor field and some impossible numbers in the resolution area? I can't adjust it, either.

Using latest Nvidia drivers. (Not beta)

Anyone?
 
This is a bit off-topic, but all the talk about Tech 5 etc. made me load up RAGE, and say what you want, but it's a beautiful game. I decided to play it over the weekend, and have almost beat it again. VERY enjoyable, and just makes me want to pick up Wolfenstein even more. This engine really isn't bad at all. It does have a few deficiencies I'll grant, especially with some up close textures, but when taken in motion, the detail level in the full scene is really very good. I think they made the trade off of making things in the distance look better, at the expense of things that are very close up. (which in my mind makes some degree of sense.) Maybe more-so in a more outdoor oriented game like RAGE. Anyway, looking forward to getting my hands on Wolfenstein this week. I should just have wrapped up my RAGE playthrough by then too. Grabbed the DLC for $3 too, which has added a little extra fun to it.
 
This is a bit off-topic, but all the talk about Tech 5 etc. made me load up RAGE, and say what you want, but it's a beautiful game. I decided to play it over the weekend, and have almost beat it again. VERY enjoyable, and just makes me want to pick up Wolfenstein even more. This engine really isn't bad at all. It does have a few deficiencies I'll grant, especially with some up close textures, but when taken in motion, the detail level in the full scene is really very good. I think they made the trade off of making things in the distance look better, at the expense of things that are very close up. (which in my mind makes some degree of sense.) Maybe more-so in a more outdoor oriented game like RAGE. Anyway, looking forward to getting my hands on Wolfenstein this week. I should just have wrapped up my RAGE playthrough by then too. Grabbed the DLC for $3 too, which has added a little extra fun to it.

Wolfenstein is a better game than Rage IMHO.
 
Wolfenstein is a better game than Rage IMHO.

That's good to hear. Especially since I actually enjoy RAGE quite a bit. Actually, there really isn't an id game that I don't like. (or even 3rd party like Raven, etc.) Guess I'm just wired like that. :D As far as visuals go, I just prefer id games. It's the whole overall aesthetic, and the types of things that they put effort into making look good click with me. I think other engines do some things better, but the id engines look the way I like things to look overall. That may be more their art style and direction, and maybe they could make games look good on other engines as well. Who knows... I definitely lean toward them though. I'm also a fan of simple yet refined twitch shooters over the tactical stuff. They tend to deliver there.
 
For anyone still reading and trying to decide, here are my impressions:

I'm a solid single player guy. I'm not naturally talented at multiplayer, and I don't have the time in my real life to play enough to be competitive. This game scratched an itch I've had since I finished playing Dishonored... and I don't even remember when I played a shooter that was as satisfying. The shooting mechanics and the weapons are tons of fun. A lot of people complain that the graphics aren't up to snuff but IMO the artwork is beautiful and I spent lots of time ignoring what the people were telling me to rush to do to just look around and gawk at the scenery porn... from the very first opening to the very last level. The characters are more interesting than the usual shooter fare. On the minus side the actual story is just "meh", there's that "pickup stuff by pressing a button" thing, and most of all I don't like torture porn and there is a flashback scene near the end that made me shrink in my chair quite a bit because I don't think the amount of detail was necessary (the implication at the beginning of the game was quite enough).

Overall, I feel like I got my $60 worth and I'm not upset that I didn't wait. If you think this is up your alley but $60 seems too much it is definitely worth $30 when it goes on sale.
 
This is a bit off-topic, but all the talk about Tech 5 etc. made me load up RAGE, and say what you want, but it's a beautiful game.
I was generally happy with Rage visuals, but there are definitely sections where it almost completely falls apart. People who argue that Rage looks like shit aren't quite right, but they aren't quite wrong either. The truth lies in-between depending on where you are and what you're looking at. The worst scenes I've seen in Wolf seem much better than the worst scenes in Rage.

I don't think people really appreciate what the somewhat-flaky virtualization technology enables visually, though. You can make any single scene in Rage in any other engine (even particularly ancient fully-lightmapped engines like id Tech 2 once you bolt on a few shaders), but you can't make large, open "painted worlds" without completely virtualized textures.

In terms of texture popping and shuttering, people who play without vsync deal with much more severe artifacts every single frame. You can find a lot of worst-case-scenarios to make the engine fuck itself up with its texture caches, but, by and large, the system works pretty well.
 
This happened to me right after I updated to the newest drivers, so it's definitely a driver issue. I couldn't change the resolution, so I just exited out of the game, reopened and it was back to normal.

Isn't that simple for me. I guess I'll have to go back to an earlier driver although I need this new one for Watch Dogs.

It doesn't let me change anything.
 
is there someone who got SLI working on this game?

I got my Crossfire to work......but it's not that great yet?
I cannot get my SLi working even using the 337.81 beta that's supposed to have a profile for the game.

I didn't try to force the RAGE profile though, that might work?
 
Isn't that simple for me. I guess I'll have to go back to an earlier driver although I need this new one for Watch Dogs.

It doesn't let me change anything.

Did you google the error? I did and found a few posts on it from various forums.
 
I got my Crossfire to work......but it's not that great yet?
I cannot get my SLi working even using the 337.81 beta that's supposed to have a profile for the game.

I didn't try to force the RAGE profile though, that might work?

never worked SLI on rage but there was a good workaround to improve performance while maintaining a good visual quality.
max out the game but disable AA from the config file or from the game if you can, can you?

than, enable SLI AA from nvidia drivers.
this was the way I played rage and I played it great with pratically no aliasing.

I remember that this was the only way to get fixed 60FPS all the time without lowering the settings.
 
Last edited:
For anyone still reading and trying to decide, here are my impressions:

I'm a solid single player guy. I'm not naturally talented at multiplayer, and I don't have the time in my real life to play enough to be competitive. This game scratched an itch I've had since I finished playing Dishonored... and I don't even remember when I played a shooter that was as satisfying. The shooting mechanics and the weapons are tons of fun. A lot of people complain that the graphics aren't up to snuff but IMO the artwork is beautiful and I spent lots of time ignoring what the people were telling me to rush to do to just look around and gawk at the scenery porn... from the very first opening to the very last level. The characters are more interesting than the usual shooter fare. On the minus side the actual story is just "meh", there's that "pickup stuff by pressing a button" thing, and most of all I don't like torture porn and there is a flashback scene near the end that made me shrink in my chair quite a bit because I don't think the amount of detail was necessary (the implication at the beginning of the game was quite enough).

Overall, I feel like I got my $60 worth and I'm not upset that I didn't wait. If you think this is up your alley but $60 seems too much it is definitely worth $30 when it goes on sale.

Thanks for that! I absolutely hate torture scenes, (I don't know why, but I have a bit of an issue with things like chainsaws and straight-razors and people being tied to chairs, Nazi, Cuban drug lords, or whatever the case may be...) Call me crazy... :D On the other hand I don't mind violence much at all, as long as it's not one guy helpless while someone takes him apart sorts of things. Fine with graphic sword play, limb loss, etc. I don't even mind the stroyent processing plants in Quake IV with body parts being ground up to feed the Strogg... Go figure...

So, I've been wondering this whole time just how much of that there is. If it's a scene or two that I can kind of gloss over for then, I'm all for picking the game up.
 
I'll help you out. The game of course shows the casualties of war, the whole point being shooting Nazis in the face. It goes out of the way to show the evil of the Nazis, but most of the stuff that isn't just "people being shot" is brief glimpses, or implied, or cuts to black or the next scene before you see what happens. You will see dead bodies in creamatoriums, dead bodies already mutilated, etc. There are a couple of very brief "tied to a chair and sliced with a knife" and "tied to a post and executed quickly" that aren't that long or bad enough to make you wince more than the usual violence. But there is one scene:

In the beginning of the game you have to make a choice of who the bad guy guts, either you're comrade in arms best bud guy or some poor naive rookie kid fresh off the boat to the front lines. When you actually make the choice all it shows is the hero's facial reaction to what he is watching and you hear the screaming. At the end of the game you see what actually happens and the guy gets his eyes gutted, is put on a machine that flays his skin off and then cuts his brain out, all while he is alive and screaming the whole time. It's not particularly quick either, it hangs for a few moments before each "action" the machine takes to make you hold your breath for what is coming.


I feel the one scene is really out of character for the rest of the game where the really bad stuff is mostly implied and wasn't necessary at all. I hope there might be a mod in the future that just replaces that scene with the original in the start of the game again where you just see the heroes reaction to it. If you can stomach that one scene or close your eyes, I think you'll be fine with the rest of it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

I'd add this for anyone with the 'game stops responding when loading' on AMD:

I had the problem where the game would stop responding after loading a checkpoint. First it was about 50% of the time I restarted/died but it would almost work when I relaunched the game. Then I got to a point where I couldn't even load my game at all (tried four times). Long story short, upgraded from the 14.4 catalyst recommended in that article to the 14.6-beta and the problem went away.
 
I actually quite enjoyed this game, had the feel of dishonored, but with a more-so "run and gun" environment.
 
I got this over the weekend and have been enjoying it also. I didn't think the torture scene was that bad. Honestly, I thought the following scene in the mental instution was much more graphic and disturbing.

I'm on a 2GB 670 so no "Ultra" textures for me, but it still looks great at 1080 with everything on High. I have yet to see any problems with "texture popping" and it runs great. Really wishing this game would not end.
 
I feel the one scene is really out of character for the rest of the game where the really bad stuff is mostly implied and wasn't necessary at all. I hope there might be a mod in the future that just replaces that scene with the original in the start of the game again where you just see the heroes reaction to it. If you can stomach that one scene or close your eyes, I think you'll be fine with the rest of it.

Hmmm guess you've never seen that one part in Outlast/Outlast sequel where the guy gives you a sex change with the buzz saw....
 
I got this over the weekend and have been enjoying it also. I didn't think the torture scene was that bad. Honestly, I thought the following scene in the mental instution was much more graphic and disturbing.

I'm on a 2GB 670 so no "Ultra" textures for me, but it still looks great at 1080 with everything on High. I have yet to see any problems with "texture popping" and it runs great. Really wishing this game would not end.

It sounds like you haven't seen the actual scene yet. You just saw the hero's reaction to the scene. The actual scene is at the end of the game. FWIW, this is just my personal opinion. Other people might be affected differently. It's just even though I'm pretty desensitized to all these things this one still took me by surprise with how brutal it was.
 
It sounds like you haven't seen the actual scene yet. You just saw the hero's reaction to the scene. The actual scene is at the end of the game. FWIW, this is just my personal opinion. Other people might be affected differently. It's just even though I'm pretty desensitized to all these things this one still took me by surprise with how brutal it was.


Call me crazy, but this scene didn't phase me at all. I do turn my head for real videos where things get nasty (compound fractures, etc), but in comparison for what I've seen for my degree classes (part of it is medical/health), this was cartoonish and didn't phase me.

With that in mind, I do think a disclaimer may have been in order for people who are sensitive to it.

I liked how you had to fight the robot version of your friend who you selected for death. But I had a mix reaction for the things he said .. He says things like "kill me" and "end it" to you. But what exactly is his brain for? If he's not controlling his actions, doesn't that imply that he is unnecessary given the other robotic tech the nazis have in the game?

I also felt the post helicopter stealing trip to Berlin needed more explanation. You're shown escaping with the choppers, then you dive and enter a sewer. Apparently this sewer is in Berlin or it goes to Berlin? That's a large f-in sewer. A simple "5 hours later" could have worked wonders with the story. That or 1960's London is located in Berlin, or they just called the building the London Nautica for some reason?
I can never remember that damn tag.

The game was enjoyable. I wish they would have varied the routes a tad more instead of them just being side vents or hallways. But I did like how it seemed like a lot of the bad guys were spawned at the beginning behind locked doors, if you triggered the alarm those doors opened. I could be wrong on that, but it seemed that way.
 
Last edited:
I'm not terribly sensitive overall, but it's just certain very specific aspects of violence. I'm totally not into torture, rape, and other graphic depictions of someone preying on a helpless individual. Outright carnage, rockets, bullets, swords, and such don't bother me. So that's part of it. I just figure that's something half-decent about myself.

The other part is I have very specific types of damage that actually make me feel sympathetic pain. Particularly like I said with things like power tools, scalpels, straight razors, etc. It actually makes places where my veins/arteries are prevalent hurt to a degree. I don't know if that's some form of synesthesia, or other mental sensitivity, but it's fairly unpleasant. Eh... Who knows. It's odd, but that's the way I am. hehehe
 
The only thing that bothers me in movies is rape. Other than that, I'm all for anything else they want to throw at me.
 
Back
Top