Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Greenman and CDKeys are great. No problems with them at all. I've heard of those problems with a lot of other shady key sellers, but never for these guys. I have a feeling GMG and CDK just buy a bulk set of retail keys, and make less of a margin or something. I buy a lot of stuff directly on Steam, but these guys have been 100% reliable when they had a deal I couldn't pass up.

Greenman and CDKeys are great. No problems with them at all. I've heard of those problems with a lot of other shady key sellers, but never for these guys. I have a feeling GMG and CDK just buy a bulk set of retail keys, and make less of a margin or something. I buy a lot of stuff directly on Steam, but these guys have been 100% reliable when they had a deal I couldn't pass up.

GMG isn't the same as CDkeys. GMG gets a majority of their keys from publishers, developers, or official resellers. CDKeys definitely buys a lot of bulk retail keys. I've had a few orders from them where the key they send is just a picture of a key from a retail manual or insert.

do sites like GMG and CDkeys always sell you games from your region (or region free) keys?...I always hear about sites selling keys for cheap because they buy overseas keys for cheap and resell them

do sites like GMG and CDkeys always sell you games from your region (or region free) keys?...I always hear about sites selling keys for cheap because they buy overseas keys for cheap and resell them

I've always gotten US keys from GMG. I've mostly gotten US keys from CDKeys too, but I have gotten a few multi-region versions from them too. Nothing that was completely weird, but more globalized English versions. I'm sure they just find a good deal on something and sell it. They have kind of an odd selection, and don't always get all of the new games right away, and sometimes they'll get a new one a bit early. That leads me to believe they jump on a deal, or wait for an opportunity instead of just buying/selling every new thing that comes out. Everything I've gotten from them though has activated perfectly in Steam and is in English. Usually just over half-price too. I buy indie games directly from Steam (sometimes GOG), but I usually look for deals at GMG or CDK for most AAA stuff. (not always, but most of the time) I do occasionally like to pay full price directly on Steam for games in a possibly misguided show of support for something I really want or like. Who really knows if that actually does anything positive though. I'd be curious if the margins are any different at the developer/studio level between keys from these resellers and keys from Steam (or other more traditional retail).

I've always gotten US keys from GMG. I've mostly gotten US keys from CDKeys too...

I hear that GMG no longer has those cheap prices for new games...might have to do with them becoming official resellers so developers don't want them to offer crazy low prices anymore

These have lengthy cut scenes in them, so if you do not want to be spoiled DO NOT WATCH. There is also a ton of gameplay, all of which makes me all the more eager for this game.

PC footage - Begining and ending cut scenes + gameplay

Same mission minus first cutscene, 'some' stealth + dual wield gameplay

Very nice, I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein TNO 2014. One of the few games I actually finished. Although I did get stuck a few times, and had to use the console cheats to finish some of the hard parts (played on normal difficulty).

I'm definitely gonna buy this when it releases on the 27th.

Bethesda needs a hit bad...2017 has not been kind (in terms of sales)- Dishonored 2 (late 2016), Prey, Death of the Outsider, Evil Within 2

Very nice, I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein TNO 2014. One of the few games I actually finished. Although I did get stuck a few times, and had to use the console cheats to finish some of the hard parts (played on normal difficulty).

I'm definitely gonna buy this when it releases on the 27th.

Please be like the last game... don't be open world, don't have dozens of crappy unlocks, and don't make us do 10 hours of forgettable side content.

Wolfenstien TNO showed us once again that spending the player's time wisely on a few core areas of the game resulted in an excellent experience. Not a single level felt similar to the last, and the weapons and upgrades came naturally. We were never forced to divert play style or activities in an attempt to break repetition. The game was decent length (15 hours?) but it felt much longer because everything we saw was new and fairly unique. I'm not sure if they can pull it off again, but I hope they stay on track and don't attempt to emulate games like MGSV or GTAss.

Just got my work/game room back in order (after having it torn down for a LAN weekend). Ready to play this game.

Saw the commercial a couple of nights ago. Getting pretty stoked...I expect this will be excellent.

These trailers make me long for a WWII open world game a la Far Cry worlds. Never get tired of killing articulately polite but evil Nazi officers.

Not FPS, but I had a wonderful time with The Saboteur.

I love going back to that game every couple years. It holds up so well even to this day. I love all the little visual touches and how everything in the world just felt so well crafted. The game suffered a bit mechanically, but man if Pandemic had been given the chance to update the game and product a sequel it could have been amazing.

will this game launch with vulkan api? The cdkeys price was to good to pass up lol

will this game launch with vulkan api? The cdkeys price was to good to pass up lol
All signs and marketing materials point to yes, since it uses idtech 6 like Doom - and that game ran phenomenally.

Friends are bugging me to play Destiny 2 this week, but man, Wolfenstein II is what I'm really looking forward to. Just not feeling anything else.

Last edited:
All signs and marketing materials point to yes, since it uses idtech 6 like Doom - and that game ran phenomenally.

Friends are bugging me to play Destiny 2 this week, but man, Wolfenstein II is what I'm really looking forward to. Just not feeling anything else.

Agreed. Destiny is going to be the ideal "in between other games cruncher." I'm all about this and AC: Origins at the end of the week.

Reactions: DPI
like this
System requirements are out:

(720p and 60 fps at low settings)

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 55GB

(1080p and 60 fps at high settings)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-9370 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
RAM: 16GB

Advanced visual settings:

Lights
Shadows
Directional Occlusion
Reflections
Decals
Motion Blur
Image Streaming
Volumetric Quality
Decal Filtering
Deferred Rendering
Chromatic Aberration
Depth of Field
Resolution Scaling
Anti-aliasing options include, but are "not limited to," TAA, FXAA, SMAA, and TSSAA. And for gamers dealing with color vision deficiency, Wolfenstein 2 will offers modes for protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia.

Additionally, the game has an unlocked framerate and they fixed the texture streaming issues from the previous game and megatextures are gone. Vulkan support has also been confirmed.

I'm pretty excited for this at least from a technical standpoint. Given that it will likely run as good as Doom does means it will make this game that much better. While New Order / Old Blood were also awesome games they both just don't run that great and would have been better games without the 60 FPS frame cap.

If we get a story line, varied enviroments, gunplay, etc. on par with New Order this game is going to be my personal game of the year. I'm also excited for Origins, but will wait until a price drop to pick that one up as i've still yet to finish Witcher 3..

I really hope they have the same amazing breadth of enviroments with this new game. That's part of what makes me love New Order so much along with some of the cool little plot twists/devices like the secret Jew order technology.

Can't wait to try this on Friday at 4K!

When I last played Old Blood, I believe I had a 970 and a 1920x1080 monitor and couldn't run Ultra textures.

I'm definitely in, still finishing up the last installment, after trying Doom last year.

After years of making crap, ID remembered how to make a good game.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
RAM: 8GB

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-9370 or better
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
RAM: 16GB

Advanced visual settings:

Lights
Shadows
Directional Occlusion
Reflections
Decals
Motion Blur
Image Streaming
Volumetric Quality
Decal Filtering
Deferred Rendering
Chromatic Aberration
Depth of Field
Resolution Scaling
Anti-aliasing options include, but are "not limited to," TAA, FXAA, SMAA, and TSSAA. And for gamers dealing with color vision deficiency, Wolfenstein 2 will offers modes for protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia.

Additionally, the game has an unlocked framerate and they fixed the texture streaming issues from the previous game and megatextures are gone. Vulkan support has also been confirmed.
Source?

I'm definitely in, still finishing up the last installment, after trying Doom last year.

After years of making crap, ID remembered how to make a good game.

Small correction. id has never made crap. That is all.

Reactions: dgz
like this

Vulkan support has also been confirmed.

Vulkan support!!...hooray...is Id the only company supporting Vulkan??

why do they bother releasing 720p system requirements?...I have to believe that even low budget gamers must game on at least a 1080p screen

Vulkan support!!...hooray...is Id the only company supporting Vulkan??

why do they bother releasing 720p system requirements?...I have to believe that even low budget gamers must game on at least a 1080p screen

Maybe for laptop users or something like that. I'd think that even in that case, if you have a "proper" mobile GPU though, you'd also have at least a 1080 display. That's all I can think of though. I still find it interesting as an extra data point, but yeah, kind of odd for a high-end game these days. Also, while they've no doubt done some testing to arrive at those results, I find their listed hardware combinations kind of odd.

I'd be curious to see their "low end" GPU paired with their "high end" CPU, and vice versa. Those pairings seem kind of arbitrary to me. Based on Doom's performance, I bet you could get better results on their low end hardware than everything set to low, but that's just a guess.

As far as budget gaming and 1080 display, I just bought a 1080 32" TV for my daughter's room the other day for $100. Off-brand of course, but for her needs it's more than adequate, and very cheap. Seems that's a very easily attainable low end at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
another weird Friday release for Wolfenstein (and AC: Origins)...is Friday becoming the new Tuesday for game releases in the USA?

another weird Friday release for Wolfenstein (and AC: Origins)...is Friday becoming the new Tuesday for game releases in the USA?

Seems that way. I'm guessing it works out well for people who have more play-time on the weekend. Still, not very traditional. :D

Seems that way. I'm guessing it works out well for people who have more play-time on the weekend. Still, not very traditional. :D

for their last few major releases Bethesda has been launching new games on Fridays- Evil Within 2, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider...maybe Ubisoft is now also following suit...

Back