Wishlist for Steam Summer Sale

;)

Even I can be more charitable than that. Rage at $10 is pretty decent.

I'm eyeing Beyond Good and Evil for the next sale. What's the "HD Remastered" version on the consoles really have over the PC version?

Controller support for one :p

I tried SR3, didn't care for it. Thought I would based upon what everyone has been telling me and everything I've read/seen, but once I tried it I just couldn't get into it, was a little too over the top.

I was a huge SR2 fan, easily in my top ten games of all time. But SR3 just didn't... anything. I don't know, I played a good 8 hours and it never grabbed me by the curlies like SR2 did.

Last edited:
I was a huge SR2 fan, easily in my top ten games of all time. But SR3 just didn't... anything. I don't know I played a good 8 hours and it never grabbed me by the curlies like SR2 did.

That's interesting, because I thought SR2 was a total POS whereas I loved SR3.

Only bought Dark Souls PC so far, and that wasn't on sale. :p I'm hell bent on only getting ArmaII and VtMB though.

On BG&E, KBM controls are really clunky from what I remember. If I had known better I would have gotten it on the 360 and probably enjoy it a bit more. Fraking pearl collecting pisses me off.

I don't remember BG&E controls being that bad on the PC. Been a long time since I played it, though.

So far, I've bought these games:

Batman: Arkham City
Binding of Isaac.
E.Y.E.
Orcs Must Die
Payday: The Heist
Terraria
LA Noire
Plants vs Zombies
Hoard

Man I paid 29.99 for Max Payne 3, and I feel like I ripped off the company.

It really is a damn good single player game....I think it was worthy of 49.99 easily for the single player game (I think games at 59.99 can go to hell)

I am shocked this game only sold 400k units....Anyway back to the game

Man I paid 29.99 for Max Payne 3, and I feel like I ripped off the company.

It really is a damn good single player game....I think it was worthy of 49.99 easily for the single player game (I think games at 59.99 can go to hell)

I am shocked this game only sold 400k units....Anyway back to the game

I paid full price and played at midnight when it was released, don't regret it at all. One of the few games I'd pay the premium for.

I missed the sale last year so I'm working on building my backlog for the next year+. Here's what I've picked up so far with some notes:
Age of Empires 3 complete franchise pack. Really like AoE games and I've only played this one for brief periods. It'll kill a couple weekends no question.
Saints Row 3 franchise pack: Heard a lot about this game but never bit because it was too expensive with the DLC and I never really thought GTA style games were fun. This is my favorite purchase this year by far, the game is totally over the top but it's ridiculously fun. It looks gorgeous too, highly recommended.
Batman Franchise pack: Another set that I've heard a lot about and never bit. Simple controls, especially with an Xbox 360 controller and graphics/physics are wonderful. Lots of game time potential here for the money.
Bastion: Great on XBLA and even better on PC.
Toy Soldiers: The only game I bought at 50% or more. I loved this game on XBLA and most of my gripes relating to the controls are gone with the PC. This is another must buy for me.
Knights of the Old Republic: One of my all-time favorite games. At like $2.75 it was a no brainer.
L.A. Noire complete pack: Haven't tried this one and don't really know if I'll like it. For 75% for the entire franchise I expect I'll get at least a weekend out of it which is worth it to me.
Monkey Island bundle: Haven't played but heard good things. Has been on my wishlist forever so I finally bit when it was 75% off.

Still on my wishlist, waiting until the last day or a 75%+ sale:
Mass Effect 1&2
The Witcher 1&2
Bioshock 1&2
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Braid

SO:The Line looks tempting. Is the story as good as ZP reviewed?
edit: I see that this has gone as low as 25 on Amazon recently.

SO:The Line looks tempting. Is the story as good as ZP reviewed?
edit: I see that this has gone as low as 25 on Amazon recently.

Amazon should still have that sale. Well worth it at these sale prices IMO. I really enjoyed the game for what it was. Good gameplay and a helluva a good story.

So far I've only picked up Age of Empire 3 and some Civ 5 DLC

Still hoping for Settlers 7 and ARMA Operation Arrowhead

Yep, trying to control the number of games I buy seeing as I still have a large backlog. :p

Considering getting Arkham City, but I'm not sure if I should wait for a GOTY edition like I did with AA. Any thoughts?

Considering getting Arkham City, but I'm not sure if I should wait for a GOTY edition like I did with AA. Any thoughts?

An absolutely fantastic game that sets a new bar for any kind of third person action adventure game. I had no regrets paying full price for it.

An absolutely fantastic game that sets a new bar for any kind of third person action adventure game. I had no regrets paying full price for it.

^ This! One of the very few games I payed retail for, no regrets.

Amazon should still have that sale. Well worth it at these sale prices IMO. I really enjoyed the game for what it was. Good gameplay and a helluva a good story.

meh. back up to 45 there

meh. back up to 45 there

Keep tabs on it because I wouldn't be surprised if they flip it again otherwise Steam's sale price is still fairly compelling. I can still easily recommend the game at their sale price.

It's about even for me between the Amazon and Steam sale so far.

Amazon:
Mass Effect 3 - $26
Binary Domain - $10
Alan Wake - $10

Steam:
Saints Row 3 - $12.50
Trine 2 - $3.75
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $10

Amazon:
Mass Effect 3 - $26
Binary Domain - $10
Alan Wake - $10

Steam:
Saints Row 3 - $12.50
Trine 2 - $3.75

Those look like some good deals. I wonder if buying 2 copies of Dead Island would be fun for a buddy and I, strictly 2-man co-op...decisions...

Those look like some good deals. I wonder if buying 2 copies of Dead Island would be fun for a buddy and I, strictly 2-man co-op...decisions...

If the videos you've seen on Dead Island look interesting I'd go for it. Use this configurator,

http://www.theplaywrite.com/tools-a...nd-apply-tweaks-without-having-to-edit-files/

This is a first person, open world rpg with a heavy focus on melee. Guns are practically worthless, so if your looking to shoot hordes of zombies this is not the game for you.

However, if your looking to bash zombie skulls in with crafted objects while doing rpg quests you should have a good time. It's a little buggy but I never had major issues for single player.

So far I've only picked up Age of Empire 3 and some Civ 5 DLC

Still hoping for Settlers 7 and ARMA Operation Arrowhead

Yep, trying to control the number of games I buy seeing as I still have a large backlog. :p

Settlers 7 at a cheap price would be cool. I've only bought three things so far: AC: Rev, Ys: Origins, and the Max Payne Bundle

Amazon:
Mass Effect 3 - $26
Binary Domain - $10
Alan Wake - $10

Steam:
Saints Row 3 - $12.50
Trine 2 - $3.75

When was Dead Rising 2: OtR $10?

I want to try out rage but $10 meh. I'll buy rage at $5 :). Only cause the bastards originally were selling it for $60 and that en-RAGED me. I hate when games sell for $60

For a second I was amused that COD: BLOPS at $20 wasn't on the top seller list...then I remembered that they sold like a billion copies when it was $60 so everybody has it already. :(

Hoping today is better than yesterday.

3.74 from where i am... seriously one of the best deal ... HUGE GAME

When was this? It's $9 if I recall now. I would have bitten for $5, but feeling like I just don't care enough for the extra 4 bucks.

When was this? It's $9 if I recall now. I would have bitten for $5, but feeling like I just don't care enough for the extra 4 bucks.

was a flash deal last night. Keep your eyes peeled , Just cause 2 get discounted OFTEN.

BUY IT! It's a great game!

Here's Q on another fresh page of the thread telling everyone to buy every game. :D

Btw, I bought that Dear Esther + Soundtrack game for $3 something, looks really good. I'd call it more of a "listen to a story while exploring" game, not really an "Adventure" game, but I'm going to give it a play through. Plus the graphics look ridiculously good, even if only a source engine game.

Back