Wishlist for Steam Summer Sale

I think I spent about $20 total and more than half of that was on Sonic Generations. The rest was indie stuff (Trine 2 for $3.74, a few other $1-2 titles here and there).

Started playing Crysis finally. Eh, figured what better time to start chipping away at the backlog than during a sale when I'm not buying too much else to add to it. :D

Noire definitely does a nice job of the decision process. Often times even if you do manage to get all of the clues - there still isn't a 100% right/wrong decision in front of you.

Heavy Rain was better in a lot of ways, but it really wasn't much of a "game" but more of an interactive movie. There's a lot to see, do, and explore in L.A. Noire, while Heavy Rain really just has you point/click and rotate the hell out of the analogs here and there.
A mix of the two games would be wonderful. Toss in Alan Wake for good measure, too.

Heavy Rain and LA Noire sold well - so developers know there's an interest for that kind of game. I'd like to see that kind of thing continue past those low-budget looking PC games you see in Target.

Quantic basically makes that style of games so you can expect them to continue doing so although only on the PS3. Team Bondi doesn't even exist anymore so future projects aren't likely.

Noire definitely does a nice job of the decision process. Often times even if you do manage to get all of the clues - there still isn't a 100% right/wrong decision in front of you.

Heavy Rain was better in a lot of ways, but it really wasn't much of a "game" but more of an interactive movie. There's a lot to see, do, and explore in L.A. Noire, while Heavy Rain really just has you point/click and rotate the hell out of the analogs here and there.
A mix of the two games would be wonderful. Toss in Alan Wake for good measure, too.

Heavy Rain and LA Noire sold well - so developers know there's an interest for that kind of game. I'd like to see that kind of thing continue past those low-budget looking PC games you see in Target.

The Walking Dead seems really good so far, and I kind of like the fact that it's episodic.

Looks like Alan Wake went back up to $30. I wish I'd grabbed it for $6. As flawed as it was, I have to admit that I enjoyed the 360 one.

What's the gameplay like more or less?

You can walk around with your character, but it's from a fixed camera angle (angle changes when you go too far from the previous angle), it's very Heavy Rain'ish if you've ever played that, also it's kind of like Syberia if you ever dabbled in that. There are points of interest you can click on, say, a fence or something, and then the character comments on it, or sometimes there are actions you can do. It's very cool, and very different than most games out there, very niche-market oriented. You either like it, or you hate it. You can choose what you want to say, and you have only a few seconds to choose the decision, and it'll affect everything down the road, from how people view you, to what you're able to do. Overall worth it, and I believe it was on sale too so that would have made it a deal and a half. The storyline is very good, and violent as hell haha.

Back