Wishlist for Steam Summer Sale

for those waiting for The Witcher series to go on sale again, GOG has it for 50% off single purchase(Witcher 1 :$5 Witcher 2: $20), 66% if both are purchase together. (3.39,13.39 respectively).

I picked up Alice and both Bio-Shock's. Started Alice and I'm really liking it so far and I have never played either Bioshock before.

Here's Q on another fresh page of the thread telling everyone to buy every game. :D

Just watch out for that Agent 47 with his Superman X-Ray vision come this November! :D

Btw, I bought that Dear Esther + Soundtrack game for $3 something, looks really good. I'd call it more of a "listen to a story while exploring" game, not really an "Adventure" game, but I'm going to give it a play through. Plus the graphics look ridiculously good, even if only a source engine game.

I may try it myself. Why not when it's so cheap?

for those waiting for The Witcher series to go on sale again, GOG has it for 50% off single purchase(Witcher 1 :$5 Witcher 2: $20), 66% if both are purchase together. (3.39,13.39 respectively).

I hate DRM, but I won't buy it if it's not on Steam. /crazyargumenteverytimeagamebeingsoldongog.comgetsbroughtup

I hate DRM, but I won't buy it if it's not on Steam. /crazyargumenteverytimeagamebeingsoldongog.comgetsbroughtup

DRM based on activation limits and hardware configs aren't exactly the same as tying the game to an account. I loathe how people categorize it as drm or no drm when the implementation makes a world of difference.

DRM based on activation limits and hardware configs aren't exactly the same as tying the game to an account. I love how people categorize it as drm or no drm when the implementation makes a world of difference.

If it's something I have to have installed to play a game, it's DRM.

You wanna get banned? :mad:

;)

Maybe? :mad:

;) I remember when Gamespy came along, I was like: Oh wow, this is kind of neat (Halo on PC), I can find a server and not have to start the game.

Inb4 Battlelog and raging.

If it's something I have to have installed to play a game, it's DRM.

Not even that. CD keys are DRM as well. Anything designed to "protect" a game is DRM whether it's intrusive or not. Steam is basically always-on DRM except in the rare cases offline mode works.

Maybe? :mad:

;) I remember when Gamespy came along, I was like: Oh wow, this is kind of neat (Halo on PC), I can find a server and not have to start the game.

Inb4 Battlelog and raging.

Heh. I'm just going to sit back and laugh at the beating you're going to take. :p

Not even that. CD keys are DRM as well. Anything designed to "protect" a game is DRM whether it's intrusive or not. Steam is basically always-on DRM except in the rare cases offline mode works.

True.

Heh. I'm just going to sit back and laugh at the beating you're going to take. :p

True.

Well no :p , I meant at the time, it was different. Now looking at things like Battlelog, it's more an annoyance than anything in the realm of convenient.

What?? You do know GOG is DRM free.... and you should be able to use the product code to get it on steam, heck they even recommend that you get a free back up copy from them thats DRM free no matter where you bought it from.

Picked up so far:
Greed Corp
Dear Esther Game Plus OST
From Dust
Defense Grid DLC
Terraria

I know this is probably obvious and I already own all 3, but the stalker bundle is $11. That + the free complete packs and you'll be busy for months.

^ Indeed. I played through all of them during the winter and all of them went straight to the top of my Best Ever -list. I bought Shadow of Chernobyl again now just to have them all on Steam.

I would also recommend the Complete mods since they are mostly graphical overhauls, so you can use them even on your first playthrough.

Anyone recommends a very addictive and fun game? i need a new fix

Depends on what type of games you find addictive. Addictive and fun are pretty broad terms and with no information on your preferences it's impossible to make any real recommendations.

Depends on what type of games you find addictive. Addictive and fun are pretty broad terms and with no information on your preferences it's impossible to make any real recommendations.

I don't know, I guess I am looking for something that actually makes me want to continue playing and not very serious, something light and fun.

I was addicted to Torchlight for quite a while. It's light and easy playing, it's my drinking game :)

I guess I'm spoiled, so far I haven't purchased anything and I keep thinking this Nov these games will be at bigger discounts.

I guess I'm spoiled, so far I haven't purchased anything and I keep thinking this Nov these games will be at bigger discounts.

Idk, they're pretty hugely discounted right now, some of them are 75-90% off, that's a lot.

Amnesia...in the dark...with headphones.

Totally.

Serious Sam BFE.:D

This is the only thing I purchased and I'm very happy with it. Pretty damned gorgeous game I must say. Impressive engine. Runs and feels like a dream.

This is easily everything DNF should have been and then some.

They're even going to bring out new DLC for the game come October so it's still "alive."

Keep an eye on this crew of devs, folks.

I've had steam for like 7 years and never participated in the summer sale.. maybe i just wasnt checking or something? idk but dear god my game collection is growing.

so far I've gotten

dead space 2 5$
gta 4 and liberty stories 7$
company of heroes (awesome) 2.50$
LA Noire 5$

I'm going to be busy as shit

I don't know, I guess I am looking for something that actually makes me want to continue playing and not very serious, something light and fun.

Space Marine has done that for me. Bought it in the THQ bundle.

Why the fuck haven't they made a Plants Vs Zombies 2 yet? Game was a hit. Don't they like money?

Back