• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wiretap's Home Theater

^Let us know where, I was following this. I saw the last couple of updates before they got deleted.
 
Ok.. since the forum SEEMS to be back to normal, I'll keep it here for now and continue to update. I'll be saving it all in a txt file incase it gets deleted. But, if anything else gets deleted, it will go to private forums (HDbits), then I'll post the final pictures in the Home Theater forum here.
 
I was wondering, how much is this whole thing going to cost in the end? I have no doubt that it will be worth every penny.
 
I was wondering, how much is this whole thing going to cost in the end? I have no doubt that it will be worth every penny.

Well.. the electrical service update and basement finishing is about $11k or so.. then add in carpet, furniture, electronics, and other random expenses. Too much.. :( But it will be worth it. :)
 
Ok.. here were the updates that got deleted.. I'm not going to type out in detail what they were. Its pretty obvious. 7 channel speaker wiring, electrical outlets, drywall work, and air ducts put in.

th_IMG_3157.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3157.jpg

th_IMG_3158.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3158.jpg

th_IMG_3156.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3156.jpg

th_IMG_3163.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3163.jpg

th_pano5.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/pano5.jpg

th_pano5_a.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/pano5_a.jpg

th_pano6.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/pano6.jpg

th_IMG_3193.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3193.jpg

th_IMG_3199.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3199.jpg

th_IMG_3200.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3200.jpg

th_IMG_3201.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3201.jpg
 
Its looking nice so far. I personally would have installed conduit in the wall for future upgrades and I also would have ran extra conduit for future speaker installations (more speakers, etc).

But it's looking great.

Any idea of what carpet you are going to use? Also, was the walls insulated for sound? Ceiling?
 
Its looking nice so far. I personally would have installed conduit in the wall for future upgrades and I also would have ran extra conduit for future speaker installations (more speakers, etc).

But it's looking great.

Any idea of what carpet you are going to use? Also, was the walls insulated for sound? Ceiling?

I agree, the home theater technology may be very different in 10 years with the possibility of having fiber connecting everything. Run some conduits then you will not have any problem replacing the wiring with the new technology down the road.

This is what I will do for my own HT room project that I will start next year by planning out with the ability to replace wiring with ease in mind.
 
Any idea of what carpet you are going to use? Also, was the walls insulated for sound? Ceiling?

It might have been in the purged update, but he mentionned going with glue-down berber carpet & pad. Flooring is expeeeeensive (I work in property insurance, we pay out a ton for flooring replacement)
 
Carpet is going to be glued down berber.. gray in color. The exterior walls are insulated, foam/insulation backed ceiling tiles are going in today possibly.

No need for conduit, I'm not changing anything soon. It's setup for 8 channel surround sound as it stands. If a future owner of the home wants to tear appart the walls and add 14.2 surround sound, be my guest. I'll be moving out after college is done in about 2.5 more years and taking all my stuff with me to my own home.
 
Carpet is going to be glued down berber.. gray in color. The exterior walls are insulated, foam/insulation backed ceiling tiles are going in today possibly.

No need for conduit, I'm not changing anything soon. It's setup for 8 channel surround sound as it stands. If a future owner of the home wants to tear appart the walls and add 14.2 surround sound, be my guest. I'll be moving out after college is done in about 2.5 more years and taking all my stuff with me to my own home.


What color ceiling? Black. Now that would be cool :cool:

You have something really neat going on here. Am I invited to perhaps a showing in the future? I got the popcorn!
 
What color ceiling? Black. Now that would be cool :cool:

You have something really neat going on here. Am I invited to perhaps a showing in the future? I got the popcorn!

I'm just going with a white ceiling. Black drop ceiling tiles either have to be special ordered or painted. I couldn't find any at Lowes, Home Depot, or anywhere else. But for sure you can stop by sometime when I get it done. =)

I'll have more picture updates tonight. The drop ceiling should be all finished up. The doors got installed and molding is next.

Also, I think I'm going with the Epson 1080p LCD projector instead of the Benq w9000 DLP. I'll probably order it tonight.
Benq = $3600 @ Beach Audio
Epson = $2600 after rebates @ B&H
 
I'm just going with a white ceiling. Black drop ceiling tiles either have to be special ordered or painted. I couldn't find any at Lowes, Home Depot, or anywhere else. But for sure you can stop by sometime when I get it done. =)

I'll have more picture updates tonight. The drop ceiling should be all finished up. The doors got installed and molding is next.

Also, I think I'm going with the Epson 1080p LCD projector instead of the Benq w9000 DLP. I'll probably order it tonight.
Benq = $3600 @ Beach Audio
Epson = $2600 after rebates @ B&H



Looks like you are contracting most of this work out, do you mind sharing with me your budget details or the expected costs minus the electronics? I am looking for a similar project but will probably go the DIY route as I am usually too picky :D
 
Looks like you are contracting most of this work out, do you mind sharing with me your budget details or the expected costs minus the electronics? I am looking for a similar project but will probably go the DIY route as I am usually too picky :D

If you give me room dimensions and a brief list of what you're doing I'll throw up a quick Xactimate for you..
 
Lookin good, again.:p

If it was me, I would go with some thick ass shag carpet and make everyone take off their shoes before entering the room.

Do you plan on installing any sort of bass transducers in the seats? I can't recall if this was mentioned earlier.
 
Carpet - I would like some awesome shag carpet, but this is a basement, so I need berber style carpet to be glued down incase of mold or dampness. The house hasn't leaked, but I wouldn't want to risk nice carpet.

Subwoofer - There aren't going to be buttkickers in the seats.. lol. I ordered the Bic Acoustech H-100 sub, and it should arrive today. I think it will be plenty of bass for that size room.

Snack Bar - I'll have a mini-fridge and microwave down there, so that should hold the guests over food-wise.
 
What color ceiling? Black. Now that would be cool :cool:

You have something really neat going on here. Am I invited to perhaps a showing in the future? I got the popcorn!

I was thinking the same thing.

Damn! If only I had stayed in Detroit...
 
My post got deleted by the forum rollback. In case you forgot what I said (and to make it easier for me to find this thread :)) Great job! I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
 
More updates! :)

The drop ceiling is installed, but not all the tiles are in due to the need for the can lighting to be put in. Above the computer area in the back will be a fluorescent light.

As you can see we already put down the gray primer on the walls. The final coat of paint will be the theater red, probably with white trim. You can see a renderation of that on the first page of posts in this thread. The final coat won't come until a little later when all the trim work and stuff is finished.

The electrical is all updated, but not yet completely finished. The new box is installed, but the meters aren't connected and there still needs to be a new line run from the pole. As of right now, we are getting free electric because the meter isn't hooked up. :p

th_IMG_3209.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3209.jpg

th_IMG_3213.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3213.jpg

th_pano7.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/pano7.jpg

OLD:
th_IMG_3152-1.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3152-1.jpg

NEW:
th_IMG_3202.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3202.jpg

OLD:
th_IMG_3150-1.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3150-1.jpg

OLD:
th_IMG_3151-1.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3151-1.jpg

OLD:
th_IMG_3154-1.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3154-1.jpg

NEW:
th_IMG_3203.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3203.jpg

NEW:
th_IMG_3214.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3214.jpg
 
As an insurance adjuster, that power line placement is my worst nightmare... The second a tree falls on that cable your gutter, fascia and part of your roof will go down with it :mad:
 
As an insurance adjuster, that power line placement is my worst nightmare... The second a tree falls on that cable your gutter, fascia and part of your roof will go down with it :mad:

Exactly... but that is what the code is so it had to be done. Luckily I have no trees anywhere near there.
 
Update..

I got the frame for the screen built with the help of my brother. We went out and got some nice pine from Home Depot. The size is 105'' diagonal in a 16x9 aspect ratio. Its pretty darn big in person. :eek: I also went out to Jo-Ann Fabrics and got some super white blackout curtain for the screen material that will wrap over the frame. It will then have some nice black suede wrapped molding around the edges of the screen to finish it off. I'm waiting to put on the screen material until later on so it doesn't get dirty.

All the molding around the edges in the rooms are done, so we are in the process of putting wood putty in the holes so we can get ready to paint. Everything has been primed and is ready to paint as of right now.

The electrician is coming tomorrow to put in all the outlets and can lighting. The people for carpet estimates are coming out as well. We are putting in a gray berber carpet with a pad. That should get put in within the next week or so. After that, this project should be wrapped up pretty quickly.

th_IMG_3217.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3217.jpg

th_IMG_3215.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3215.jpg

th_IMG_3216.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3216.jpg

th_IMG_3218.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3218.jpg

th_IMG_3219.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3219.jpg

th_IMG_3220.jpg

Full Size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Basement/IMG_3220.jpg
 
Thanks.. I thought someone would get a kick out of it here. :D
 
I don't race. Anyway, if anyone has further questions, PM me or something. Lets keep this the worklog for the theater. Thanks.
 
The 605 will not disappoint for what you paid for it.

And its auto setup is spot on, at least for the room we put ours in.

Enjoy it, just be sure to let it vent really well, it gets hot quick. Also don’t worry if you don’t hear much until the volume gets to 50-60. When you get the volume bar working over display it shows 50 at 30% 65 as 50%. We have yet to get ours past 67% without attracting attention outside of the house :eek:
 
i recon u need to get a better sub that thing is crap get sumfin like a jensen dual 10inch thats wat i have and my roof shakes
 
i recon u need to get a better sub that thing is crap get sumfin like a jensen dual 10inch thats wat i have and my roof shakes

please type in sentences please k thanks because i can't understand what you are saying when you type like this and rant about randomly placed words in a sentence and shaking roofs flying 10 inch dual crap roof line shaking bamm bamm jamma ram.
 
please type in sentences please k thanks because i can't understand what you are saying when you type like this and rant about randomly placed words in a sentence and shaking roofs flying 10 inch dual crap roof line shaking bamm bamm jamma ram.

:D :D :D :rolleyes:
 
Wow nice setup, you don't know how jealous I am of you right now :)
 
which 1080p PJ are you going to go with?

I ended up going with the Epson 1080p projector. On B&H it has a $300 rebate good through the end of the month I think. The final price is $2600 shipped. It should arrive today or within the next few days.
 
Back
Top