Wired vs Wireless mouse? What's your vote & why?

Wired vs Wireless mice....Why did you choose what you chose?

• Wired

Votes: 129 62.9%
  • Wireless

Votes: 76 37.1%

• Total voters

Burner27

Supreme [H]ardness
Just trying to decide if I should dump my battery eating Logitech G7 mouse in favor of the wired G5. I don't mind swapping batteries but my MX700 was much better on batteries. My PC is on the floor and i am not sure if the cord will reach my PC. I was going to get a USB cable extender so that I wouldn't feel "tethered" by the mouse cord but other than not having to worry about swapping batteries...is there a reason to go with a wired mouse?

im forgetful and may not recharge. becase there is no wire someone might jack it. im old fashion and think wired will work better.

I like the wired mostly because I am a gamer, and I like the precision. I also lift my mouse up a lot and I have heard of having some trouble with people who lift with wireless mouses. Just my opinion.

i went wireless a couple of years ago.... i dont think ill ever go back to a wired mouse.... esp since i have a mx1000 now

I just don't trust wireless. It's not something I would feel I would need to help improve my gaming abilities. I want to make sure i'm at my best and I don't like excuses. Oh noes! My mouse needs recharge. Annoying..

I guess people feel the same way about the cords. I do have one beef with cords, the last two mice I had, both went bad because of that stupid cord. I'm on an MX518 right now so hopefully this will at least last me as long as my Microsoft intellimouse explorer (3 years).

If you're thinking about attending QuakeCon next year, then wired will probably be a good idea. I went to a Saitek Eclipse and Logitech MX518 for that event. Didn't see a reason to switch back to my Logitech Cordless MX Duo (it was perfect for gaming and still keeping it around as a backup gaming keyboard/mouse combo). I had to get used to the "cord drag" though.

I use a wired mouse. The wire doesn't bother me and that way I know there is no excuse for me doing poorly in games. :p

I prefer wired. Wireless I have to worry about recharging the damn thing, and every so often they seem to go schizo and just not want to connect. The two things that I can not stand acting flaky on my computer are my mouse and my keyboard, if either goes batty I am heading out to CC that moment to replace it, or Wal-Mart at 4am such as the last time I spilled WaWa Lemonade Iced Tea all over the keyboard...

I agree that the cords seem to be the first thing to go bad on mice, but my MS Intellimouse Blue Optical is still going strong after three or four years.

i like my mice to be extremely light. wireless is too heavy.

I know, the weight of a wireless mouse is almost unbearable. :rolleyes:

I don't even know what to say.

Wireless ftw!

Wired here.

I simply haven't encountered any situation yet where wireless is useful. Aside from a HTPC setup, that is :)

NulloModo said:
MS Intellimouse Blue Optical is still going strong after three or four years.

Ditto...I've worn grooves in it where my hand goes :).

Wired here. The wire doesnt bother me, and I dont ever have to worry about the battery dying in the middle of a round of CSS ;)

I love my MX700 and want to get an MX1000 as soon as I get the money. At that point I will move my MX700 to my job and keep the MX1000 here.

I don't have any problems with having to lift the mouse and move it, either. Then again, for gaming I use a trackball as it's much smoother, more precise and I never have to move it around. It's corded but since you don't move it around, the cord isn't much hassle.

I like wired, merely because I always seemed to forget to recharge it. The wire doesn't bother me that much, either.

having a wireless mouse die on you just sucks. especially if the mouse brings up a HUGE white window that says "BATTERIES DEAD!"

wired all the way for me

wired mouce is much better. wireless run out of battery and tend to glitch. also very heavy and bulky. biggg waist of money becuase u always gotta replace the batterys

I've got both hooked up right now. MX1000 is the best mouse I've ever used and when the battery dies on it I grab the MX500.

I have both.

Wireless is just too heavy for gaming. The batteries really do make a difference, but so does movement type.

If you tend to be a low sensitivity gamer with rapid hand movement, a light mouse owns. This means wireless.

If you tend to keep sensitivity high and barely move your hand while gaming, then wireless weight is not a concern, and the only hinderences you will see with wireless are from radio frequency interference and response times.

I voted wireless. I own a "Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0". It's accurate and responsive enough in games for my taste, much more so than the Logitech wireless mouse it replaced.

There are basically two reasons why I prefer wireless mice. First, it annoys me when the cord on a wired mouse inevitably gets tangled. Second, I don't like having to keep my arm in one position all the time; I like to be able to move the mouse from beside the keyboard to in front of the keyboard, or use my left hand when I feel like changing up (keeps away the RSI and all that).

Batteries aren't a problem, since they last a pretty long time in this mouse, and I always have a some in the charger when they do get low. Spending one minute every few months to change batteries is a small price to pay for the freedom it affords me. :)

I've been using the mx1000 logitech since it came out. First wireless mouse I've ever used, and I'll never go back. It's a bit on the heavy side, but I'm not so weak I can't move around a couple extra ounces of weight on a near frictionless surface.

I think the battery lasts me on average about 3 weeks per 5 hour charge session or so. Not having the cord keeps the desktop clutter to a minimum, and you don't have to worry about snagging the wire on something.

IMO, wireless, all the way.

Wireless for me. I just got a G7 and I love it. It's definitely lighter than my old mx700 and I'm a big fan of the swappable batteries. They don't hold a huge charge, so you may have to swap them out fairly often if you're going on a long gaming session, but it takes about 5 seconds to do so.

i think its just a matter of opinion or what people prefer to use. before i was using a wired ms internet mouse which i loved, plus it was quite light. when i made the switch to my mx1000, the first thing i noticed was its weight. it took a while to adapt and now it feels as if i've been using it forever. for me battery life seems to last for a good amount of time, even after some long hrs of gaming in bf2 or some other fps. also i am pro wireless because i don't have much space on my desk. it makes it real easy to push my mouse aside for my room to do my work. i used to shove my wired mouse up the side under my monitor which was quite annoying. with my wireless i can put it anywhere i want and not worry too much about it.

Wired, becuase Recharging the batteries interfering with other wireless mouse and keyboads in the house and if there is that something not going right it doesn't go across the room.

Enzogy

wireless for me, i used to be a die hard wired guy(i had the "wired" ver of hte mx duo" then one day i bought teh mx duo on cleariance from bestbuy i havent been able to go back to wired, i drop my mouse in its charger when i shut my comp off for the night, ive never had it die on me and my keyboad is still on the set of cheapy battersy that came with it after a year of hard use *shrug* bu to each there own i guess, kinda like asking chevy or ford, or amd or intel :p

Renswic said:
wireless for me, i used to be a die hard wired guy(i had the "wired" ver of hte mx duo" then one day i bought teh mx duo on cleariance from bestbuy i havent been able to go back to wired, i drop my mouse in its charger when i shut my comp off for the night, ive never had it die on me and my keyboad is still on the set of cheapy battersy that came with it after a year of hard use *shrug* bu to each there own i guess, kinda like asking chevy or ford, or amd or intel :p

I Loved my MX DUO, family has spilt multiple liquids on it, its been tossed around the room after some gaiming, and it still works to this day PERFECTLY. However, I got a G5 and think it is much better than the MX DUO :( and of course I got tired of the replacing batteries, so I bought a G15, to match my G5... . :D

I have a wired mouse and it works for me. I've tried my friend's MX700 and MX1000 and they felt sloppy and such in games. I use a Mouse Bungee and it works better than I thought it could. They really are quite useful and you can get most of good from both worlds.

Wireless (Logitech) for the win!

Anyone complaining about battery life should try a Logitech mouse.

chris22 said:
wired mouce is much better. wireless run out of battery and tend to glitch. also very heavy and bulky. biggg waist of money becuase u always gotta replace the batterys

The MX700 lasted me 3 years of heavy use before I had to replace the batteries. I could usually go a couple of days before having to recharge it, or you can put the mouse on the charger when it's not in use.

in september I got the MX1000. I was amazed at how much better it is than the MX700. I often go over a week before having to put it in the charger. And when I do, it charges so rapidly that I don't have to wait long to use it. I think logitech stated it can go 21 days before needing to be charged again. Also, the batteries never have to be replaced. But if you just put the mouse in the charger every couple of nights, it should never die on you.

And the MX700 used to skip around the screen every once in awhile, when the charger was too close to my monitor, or when some fabric hair got stuck underneath it. I have never seen that happen with the MX1000

I use a wireless mouse. I've used wired, and I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the two. And it'd be hard to go back, because the weight of the wireless totally throws me off if I'm using a wired.

MX1000

I have one at home and one at work. It's a great mouse even for gaming. I was very skeptical at first using it for a gaming mouse however I'm not any more. I really like the button layouts also.

MX Duo !!!!!! here...

I like the heft and ergonomics of the logitech mouse, I always place it in the cradle at night when I'm done. I've noticed no sloppiness, there is a split second delay in reaction if you let it sit for a while, but that has not come into play during gaming. The MX Duo Keyboard rocks too, I specifically wanted both to be wireless - I move the box between my computer room and the family room (big-screen gaming rocks!) I can sit on the couch and have keyboard on lap, mouse on the cushion or book - depending on the type of game. My chief concern when I bought the set was that I might lose the mouse :rolleyes: but that has not happened yet

i have a g7 and not once since i got it have the batteries gone out on me in the middle of a game- I really just don't understand how the battery swaping seems to be an issue for people- it takes less than 5 seconds literally to swap the batteries and the indicator goes red like 30 minutes before their done so your BOUND to notice it before they die.

the whole g7 battery problem is just a huge myth

A REAL problem with mice is the freaking cord catching stuff, which isnt a problem for me anymore

*edit* 2 of my friends do have defective g7s though that randomly stop working for 5 seconds to a minute. thats a HUGE problem, but it has NEVER happend to mine.

Back