WipEout HD dated, priced

Nice, in 30 minutes I can head home and download.

Edit: I suck at this game, but it's fun. It took 4 races for me to finally win the first track on Novice.. and I got a trophy for getting blown up in a race. My first ever trophy!

Its downloading now, prob be done in 15 minutes or so.. but by then I'll be at the mall. *sob* Gonna have to play it later!

Best downloadable game I've purchased on any platform thus far.

I would have paid 60 bucks for this in a second, for 20 bucks their should be no questioning whether or not to buy it.

Cancel that, no mall. Just got done playing an online race.. pretty cool (I won too). Graphics are nice and crisp. Great price too!

finally, a game i want to play that has trophy support.

downloading now, just taking my first break from mm9.

Just downloaded an hour ago. It's really worth $20. Too bad I got to work tomorrow :(.

It's everything I expected. Looks good, sounds good, music is great and the gameplay is how I remember Wipeout to be. Online play seemed to work well, although I only played one 12 race tournament.

Yes, it is indeed awesome.

Got about 11% of the trophies already lol, and it's funny but I've been hitting top 10's a lot in the Global Rankings for just about everything I do. lol

I played it a bit last night for about a half hour and it's awesome. I still don't know what that crazy level that looked straight out of Audiosurf was all about.

Game looks superb!!! Color palette somewhat reminds me of ratchet future (which is a good thing).

Got this last night along with a new 50" plasma, WoWoWoWoW, game is amazing. I played the hell out of the first PSP game, which has a lot of the same levels and stuff as this one. Still super fun to play it on a big screen. The game looks amazing, especially zones.

Got this last night along with a new 50" plasma, WoWoWoWoW, game is amazing. I played the hell out of the first PSP game, which has a lot of the same levels and stuff as this one. Still super fun to play it on a big screen. The game looks amazing, especially zones.

I'm having trouble playing it on a 50" screen. I'm used to the PSP versions now, lol.

1) Game is awesome
2) Best graphics I have seen in a driving game...period
3) Zone is freaking cool...I am not even epileptic and I am freakin out
4) Game is hard....I used feisar on the second grid for a time trial, took me 3 times to get gold and I am a wipeout veteran.
5) $20 seems like a good deal now...but I have a feeling there will be at least 4 expansion packs at $7.50-$10.00 each.

All in all....great game! :p

I played it a bit last night for about a half hour and it's awesome. I still don't know what that crazy level that looked straight out of Audiosurf was all about.

Zones, and wipeout had them before audiosurf.

OMG... Wipeout HD was everything I had hoped for. I didnt have much time to play it last night, but so far I am extremely pleased. And at $20 it is simply a steal.

Cool. I never have played a wipeout game before. After watching some youtube video's it looks pretty fun online.

1question: Can I use six-axis to steer? I hope so.

My first ever trophy!
I am envious of you. I have yet to earn my first trophy. :(

Yeah you can use sixaxis to steer, it has full like, 3 types of control in the options. You can select regular steering with left joystick turns you left, right, and tips your nose down or up, and R2/L2 use the right and left airbrakes to make you turn way sharper. You can make the sixaxis control either all of those, tilt it side to side to turn, rotate it left and right whlie keeping it flat to use the airbrakes, and tilt it forward and back to lean your nose down or up. Or you can set the sixaxis to control the pitch options and leave the actual turning left and right on the left joystick.

Hey guys, play Zone mode with the "Bassheads" track from WipEout Fusion to earn that "Oh shit, call an ambulance!" trophy!

:D

I tried using some custom tracks on zone mode last night and most worked, but I put 3 tracks off the new Metallica cd on there and they played from the XMB but would never play from within the game.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I didn't even know it supported custom songs, I need to import some music to my PS3 I guess.

I tried using some custom tracks on zone mode last night and most worked, but I put 3 tracks off the new Metallica cd on there and they played from the XMB but would never play from within the game.

What format did you export it to? or did you play the tracks directly off the cd?

I previously mentioned that i had picked up a PS3 in anticipation of this game...

... and after playing this for the past few days, I have to say that this game has completely justified my purchase of my PS3. I am totally satisfied.

I believe the game only supports custom playlists, and you cannot add songs individualy. Try adding the songs to a playlist on the XMB, and then see if you can select that playlist from within the game.

i'm really disappointed with the skill level (or lack thereof) of the global community.

when i can crack top 20 times left, right and centre it gets me a little concerned since i have never played wipeout before.

fzero, countless times.

18% trophies for me so far... really trying for the one round double-kill and the barrel-roll on moa therma.

trying for the one round double-kill and the barrel-roll on moa therma.
How the heck can u do the barrel roll trophy on moa therma, i cant do it, unless there is a jump on the reverse track or summats

How the heck can u do the barrel roll trophy on moa therma, i cant do it, unless there is a jump on the reverse track or summats

Just before you complete a new lap, there's a right turn with a boost just before a small hill. Hit that boost and the highest point of that little hill and you'll get some airtime - enough to do the barrel roll.

EDIT: Found a video for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBqFHgMn8I

Tip: A lot of stages have areas where you can get big air w/ a boost at the right moment. They really come in handy in speed laps, time trials, and races as well.

Just got the game last night and OMFG this game is amazing!

I used the photo-mode to take these shots... had to resize them (originally 1920x1080) to save bandwidth:

2896146325_984ed3a0df_o.jpg

2896990584_1b38acd604_o.jpg

2896996078_f08ebf7047_b.jpg

2896990902_915056d4ec_o.jpg

2896146513_096970d3b1_o.jpg

2896991028_7d149408bc_o.jpg

2896990796_ab7c61fe9c_o.jpg

2896147013_7e2abba5c2_o.jpg

pardon my french but holy shit.

Get this game if you have a PS3 and KINDA like going fast.

I need to pick up this game. Never played it before, so it would be a whole new experience for me.

Off :cool:

I'm not that far yet, only racing in flash speed, but I'm doing without it.

A lot is new since I played the first game on PS1. It feels the same but there are more items and techniques than I remember. Double tap on the air brake really hooks your craft into a curve. The twisting through the air part seems new too. The graphics are pretty damn incredible, especially in motion. So fluid. The shield effect is cool. So far it's the best $20 I've spent on a game. Honestly I would have paid $60 and felt satisfied, but I haven't played the series since PS1 days, so it's totally fresh.

Just got the game last night and OMFG this game is amazing!

I used the photo-mode to take these shots... had to resize them (originally 1920x1080) to save bandwidth:

pardon my french but holy shit.

Get this game if you have a PS3 and KINDA like going fast.

Wow!

I think this is the first "next-gen" game that I've actually seen use anti-aliasing. It's pretty sweet. I wish the hardware had the oomph to do it more often.

The graphics of this game remind me of the mid-90s as a kid, reading video game magazines and looking at "concept renders" of games that were years down the road; they always ended up looking terrible compared to the renders. This one actually looks better than the screens because of the framerate.

I've been waiting for this game since January. Wipeout was one of the first games I got for my original Playstation. Totally worth it.

Back