WipEout HD dated, priced

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
Your wipEout HD thirst will be quenched on September 25. Yes, that’s right, just 10 days from today. For just $19.99, wipEout HD will be available for download only and includes the following awesomeness:

* Full HD Visuals
* 5 Game Modes - Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
* Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
* 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
* 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
* Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
* A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD
http://blog.us.playstation.com/
:D

Reviews
Eurogamer - 9/10
"The result is a game that commands your attention, ruthlessly hauling your eyes into the flatscreen while tickling your brain with impeccable track design and spine-snapping speeds. Sackboy may be the new face of PlayStation, but the console just hasn't been the same without WipEout. It's great to have it back."

IGN - 9.2
"While WipEout HD is essentially a redressing of the previous PSP games, it's hard to complain when the source material was so good in the first place and the redressing is so assured. As a standalone title, WipEout HD would impress, but as a download title it's nothing short of essential. "

Videogamer - 9/10
"If Sony keeps churning out PSN games like this they'll put the retail industry out of business."

2lxtlj8.gif

This game is like rez. It has super awesome visuals and music that gets you into the game. I'm def. planning on getting this.
shiiiiiit i need a new tv for this kind of game.

Finally! Price is a little higher than I was expecting, but I'll get it regardless. Sweet pic too, made me laugh.

Pretty cool. After a month where I was stuck replaying old games, it's nice to have a bunch of good games starting to hit.

Finally! Price is a little higher than I was expecting, but I'll get it regardless. Sweet pic too, made me laugh.

shiat, this is cheaper than i was thinking. I had been expecting 29.99. Its a steal at 19.99!

Wipe out is classic when they played the game in the movie Hackers....O good times.

$20 is a little steep for a game that most downloaders will have already played to death years ago....even if the graphics are updated a bit.:(

Yeah I heard it was only $20. I paid $7 for wipeout 1 on psn !

Talk about a home run.

Day one.

Joke post ? :)
n/m, I thought it was a remake of the original PS1 Wipeout but I see it has tracks from the PSP versions that I haven't played. Yes, I know the graphics are a little more than "updated" but still..

I think it's a fantastic value if you're a fan of the series. It's got the best tracks from the last few games. The graphics are a revelation over the old games. This will prime the pump for a completely new sequel with all new tracks.

I was expecting it to be more, too. When Tekken: DR came out, it was that price, but it lacked online play. When they had a patch that added it - it put the price at $30. Plus, we also had Warhawk and GT: Prologue at higher price points, too.
I think it's going to do pretty well at $20.

n/m, I thought it was a remake of the original PS1 Wipeout but I see it has tracks from the PSP versions that I haven't played. Yes, I know the graphics are a little more than "updated" but still..

eh, read the eurogamer review. A little more than updated is still way off how updated this game really is. 20 bucks is an effing steal.

Will be interesting to see how well sixaxis controls work as this is a game that they could actually be useful for.

I would LOVE to get this.. I was a diehard fan of wipeout on PS1 but unfortunately i have no PS3 and will never get a PS3 so I will suffer through another game I'll never get to play.. meh

Man i remember trying wipeout and thinking eh.. But this game looks amazing. 20 dollars seems like a great deal too.

Gotta pick it up

I could never get into the wipeout series. I would buy it because of the great reviews but would play it a couple of days and get frustrated with the way the ships control and never pick it up again.

I bought a PS3 a few months ago in anticipation for this game. I'm really happy to finally see some concrete information and signs that its going to be released soon. For awhile there, I was worried that it would be just perpetually delayed.

Hoped they could release the epilepsy version separate since I don´t have epilepsy...

I have actually never played wipeout more than the demo for 5 minutes some 40 years ago (I am 30).

So it should be a 10/10 title since I love racing, I live science fiction and well I haven´t played any similar games if you don´t count the racing in KOTOR lol

Bump for anyone who knows when it will be live, tried this morning around 7 a.m. central time and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Head's up would be appreciated

Well here are the reviews so far:

GameSpot 9/19/2008 7.5 out of 10 75.0%
VideoGamer 9/16/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%
Eurogamer 9/15/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%
TotalVideoGames 9/24/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%
Kikizo 9/22/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%
IGN 9/23/2008 9 out of 10 90.0%

I'll trust Eurogamer over anybody since their pretty strict and don't hand out alot of high scores.

I don't even go by Gamespot's shit anymore.

I forgot all about this...and since I've never played the PSP version I don't think I'll care about it being similar.

Bump for anyone who knows when it will be live, tried this morning around 7 a.m. central time and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Head's up would be appreciated
The US Store usually (unfortunately) updates around 5pm.

The UK Store has already been updated, though.. so enjoy your WipEout ya bastards!

Man this game is wicked, (got it through UK PSN about 4pm) absolutely love it!! No sleep for me tonight!!!

Its worth the wait, only a 900 meg download aswell, although some peoples ps3s are freezing, only seems to be affecting those with 60+ in their ps3 friends list whilst signed in.

Back