WipEout HD dated, priced

I got 1 of 3 Zone trophies today... the 20 perfect zone one.

Took me about 30 minutes to finally get it lol... as for the Airbraker one, I got damn close... but ended up blowing up at around 45. Ugh.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Zone 75 is going to be impossible, though...

Game froze on me again last night, i like it but they need to fix the problem. And i dont have over 50 people on my friends list either

Being warned I strated my career in easy mode... Though without pilot assist.

Must say it´s quite challenging. Well 5 of the 6 races went quite smooth but the last one I don´t know how many attempts until I got all gold...

I had to switch to Feiser to Piranha to shave the 3 tenth of a second needed lol. Great fun though I don´t understand how you can do barrel rolls and yet keep the aircraft straight? Feel I loose more time then I gain since I drift into one direction all the time...

I've tried playing with my son and the framerate hit makes it kind of unenjoyable :(

i dunno, framerate seemed fine when playing with a buddy last weekend. there's a noticable hit in graphic quality but the frame-rate seemed solid and there was tons of fun to be had wreckin his rig over and over again.

is this for ps or xbox as well?

Wipeout has been one of the cornerstones of the PlayStation brand from pretty much the very beginning. It will never see the light of day on the xbox. Ever. :p

What is quite scary is I got the original Wipeout from the store a few months ago and playing it now is painful!

All we need now is an updated version of Destruction Derby of equal quality :D

I wish I had more time to play this. I bought and downloaded it, but then my 60G crashed and been doing the whole swapping thing. Got my new PS3, but just recently moved and don't have internet at home to re-download it. :(

Downloading this now. How is the online mode?

The actual racing is great. It's smooth with no lag, on NA and EU servers.

The matchmaking system leaves something to be desired. There should be an automatic countdown to start once the server is full. Too many jackasses hosting quit playing but don't disconnect and then you have multiple full servers that aren't starting and people constantly disconnecting in frustration. Something will trigger control switching to another player, but I'm not sure of the criteria. It happened once. I was just playing on a server for an hour or so and all of a sudden, I became the host for adjusting settings etc.

Also I guess global rankings are not working but they are coming up with a patch.

one more eye-candy...

2913688169_49c6f7e194_o.jpg

my current PC wallpaper lol

there is no such thing as "never on a xbox" or "never on a ps 3"....

Exclusives is just silly and more and more a thing of the past really.

This wasnt a bad move at all by Sony.
Since 90% of the PS3 systems are not backwards compatable, to release HD versions of the older games, is a good move! :)
Me bought it yesterday! :)

Finally bought this last night after I decided that I'll wait for Christmas to get Dead Space (Fallout and LBP are coming too soon).
It's fun and the graphics are definitely good. I'm not a fan of the UI, though. It's too cluttered with the onscreen movement. I'd rather have had a designated portion of the screen dedicated to UI elements.
I haven't played Wipeout since XL (I think that was #2), so it was easy enough to pick up and re-learn to play.

Finally bought this last night after I decided that I'll wait for Christmas to get Dead Space (Fallout and LBP are coming too soon).
It's fun and the graphics are definitely good. I'm not a fan of the UI, though. It's too cluttered with the onscreen movement. I'd rather have had a designated portion of the screen dedicated to UI elements.
I haven't played Wipeout since XL (I think that was #2), so it was easy enough to pick up and re-learn to play.

Keep playing, I believe it's 2000 loyalty w/ any craft and you can unlock other HUDs (WipEout XL/2097 HUD at 2000, Wip3out HUD at... 8000? I forget lol).

They do need a pilot assist filter for online racing. It's practically an auto-pilot.

Tracks like Chenghou Project or Sol 2 are brutal online if you're not using PA and everyone else has it on. It's so easy to get knocked off the track by a random weapon shot.

That's PA primary advantage. Protecting you from falling off the track. But in some cases, I get faster lap times with it off.

Yea, I've been playing with it off, didn't want to get used to it. I was under the impression there was already a filter or wouldn’t allow you to use it online. Hopefully this will get patched, because this seems to give some an unfair advantage.

You get better results when not using auto-pilot but for start it's good idea to use it.

I found it sort of weird that it was on by default.
I haven't played online yet, but it's unfair even against the CPU. On tracks where I'd be near death on lap 2 I'd be smoking the computer racers with pilot assist. It pretty much takes racing skill and throws it out.

Back