Windows 95. Seriously

it has a soundblaster pro driver but i guess it needs a better one

Also i have my original spinning disk partitioned with win95 working on it, so you can partition along side XP and install 95
easy with the win98 bootdisk

It is a clone soundblaster card, it finds the joystick connector but 3 computers refuse to use the sound itself. i ordered some PCi sound cards hopefully they will work
And i found a usb floppy emulator. That will save headaches
Screenshot_20200328-204754_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200328-204740_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200328-204652_Amazon Shopping.jpg

SSD floppy drive? How far have we progressed :D
Now imagine 20 years ago habing a 8g solid state floppy drive the size of your pinky and a 32g solid state hard drive?

That hard drive wouldve been 15,000$

Now imagine 20 years ago habing a 8g solid state floppy drive the size of your pinky and a 32g solid state hard drive?

That hard drive wouldve been 15,000$
I think you can safely put a zero or two more to the price..

Reactions: Jpat
like this
All done for now, back in 1 peice. On the list is beige speakers and a keyboard

Also the built in video chip only displays 16 color VGA. ATI still makes and sells video cards for legacy systems like POS machines and stuff, it should work well, that will be awhile shipping
Screenshot_20200329-142028_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I ordered 2 brand new chinese PCi sound cards and an antique SoundBlaster Live!. So one should work (I pray the SB Live! works! Big nostalgia boner) Also the Floppy emulator
Screenshot_20200328-204754_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200328-204740_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200328-204652_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I installed two 128mb pc100 ramsticks and a 65mb card, iam searching for anothet 128 or 512 stick, they are 60$ish online which is too much right now

Its so ugly its beautifull! i smile everytime i walk in the room
20200329_141820.jpg

Reactions: travm
like this
So an update

i installed both of those sound cards and drivers and they worked.... Sorta

Some games played fine, even some with midi music played. Most games werent happy using it, or the MTI rage video card. Dos games are completely out of the question for the sound cards

So iam dissapoint.

well these sound cards arent emulating anything either, not like sound blaster clones would

But yeah i havent tried manualy setting that stuff

I like the Palm Pilot on the shelf above the PC too. Good luck getting that working and synced.

I like the Palm Pilot on the shelf above the PC too. Good luck getting that working and synced.
Thank you, it works perfectly and I have the Sync dock, it was actually really easy to find the software for it, i found a couple games for it too. What i hate about it is you get it all set up but you dont want to store it with batteries and every time you take the batteries out it factory resets.

I like taking it to work and convincing people I actually use it haha

Palm2.jpg
Palm.jpg

I had one of those once.
I bought it at a surplus store for $9. It was a pretty sweet little piece of hardware. Large and awkward, but worked great. The factory reset on battery removal was irritating. Though you could sync it with your PC and it would restore.

Reactions: Jpat
like this
I had one of those once.
I bought it at a surplus store for $9. It was a pretty sweet little piece of hardware. Large and awkward, but worked great. The factory reset on battery removal was irritating. Though you could sync it with your PC and it would restore.
its big an awkward but still smaller than my smart phone is, i remember seeing people with them and thinking no way could technology ever get better than that

like this
its big an awkward but still smaller than my smart phone is, i remember seeing people with them and thinking no way could technology ever get better than that
I had a Sony clie palm pilot I loved (black and white but thinner and slimmer than yours) ... Color ones came out and I remember thinking "why would you need a color screen on a pda?" haha.

like this
I keep an old floppy drive around just in case. In case of what, I'm not sure. I don't think I have any motherboards with a floppy header!
LoL me too! and a floppy disk set (2) of Norton Ghost and a Windows 95 boot disk with delpart added to it. you never know ...

dont worry about asking questions its all great stuff i love discussing

i use my phone to download game files and such, from the internet like a wallpaper, programs that fit. Games like commander keen fit. its great for drivers Updates for doom

i tried using CDs but new blank CDs are GARBAGE and either cant be read by my XP or the win95.

This Motherboard has usb so if the drivers work itll be alot easier
try to force burning at a slower speed. it improves compatibility.

Back