Windows 8 Has Driven Millions To Become Apple Users

1) You asked for things that can't be done in 7. That is one. Linux has no place in this discussion.
2) You would need to purchase new hardware to hit 400MB/s. 10GigE switch, cables, and cards. It's not cheap. Windows 8 allows you to team existing gigabit NICs together on your existing gigabit network and combine their speed. Once again, you cannot do this in 7.
3) There are several. In particular, I'm fond of not having to learn another piece of software just to do the job. But at any rate, it's another thing that Win8 can do that 7 can't. As requested.
4) You cannot mount or use a ReFS pool or drive in any version of Windows prior to 8 (to the best of my knowledge). This includes XP. Furthermore, when attempting to move an XP "drive pool" to another system, you will often find it to be impossible unless the hardware is identical. Storage Spaces allows you to mix and match drives of different capacities, speed, and types. You can plug in the 2.1GB fiber channel drive you have laying around, and add it to the 4x300GB 15K SAS pool you've already created. I wouldn't recommend it, but you could. You could then take it all apart, stick it in a new server with 100% different hardware, plug all the drives in different ports, smack one with a hammer while chanting and ranting about how bad Windows 8 is, and still have all of your data available. Can't do THAT with XP.
1. Again the whole ISO thing is a joke. How many iso's do you mount and how often. This seldomly used feature although great doesn't justify the headache of upgrading from 7. My NAS can also mount images.
2. The whole aggregation argument is silly. Unless you have a network of computers that are all running 8/2012 its a moot point.
If your running wireless its a moot point.
If you using Network Devices or SAN/NAS this again is a moot point.
3. Lots of people use free or paid alternatives. That are better and have better guest compatibility. Please enlighten me how you can run BSD, Solaris, Novell or SCO unix in Hyperv with out massive headaches?. You can even run things like nt 3.51 in it. (For fun). Just because you have a narrow usage of Virtualization that doesn't mean everyone else does.
4. I am not sure if this feature is an actual advantage or a disadvantage.
ReFS great so if your computer or a system crashes how are you going to access data if non 8/2012 machine is not available to you? No backwards compatibility either which MS excels at. This is not an advantage as far as I can see.
Storage spaces You have basically a cutting edge technology which has issues that have been acknowledged by MS to be problematic, its also a Software RAID solution. Lets ask around people what they think of MS software raid solution in previous iterations of Microsoft OS's. Again not backwards compatibility.
You also can't use previously purchased software to recover data.

So, you parents bought a computer, as in one and I am now supposed to see what? Extrapolate that everyone their age is now going to go buy a MAC? Ah, no, but nice try though. However, since they like what they have, good for them. That is why I like competition.

1. Again the whole ISO thing is a joke. How many iso's do you mount and how often. This seldomly used feature although great doesn't justify the headache of upgrading from 7. My NAS can also mount images.
2. The whole aggregation argument is silly. Unless you have a network of computers that are all running 8/2012 its a moot point.
If your running wireless its a moot point.
If you using Network Devices or SAN/NAS this again is a moot point.
3. Lots of people use free or paid alternatives. That are better and have better guest compatibility. Please enlighten me how you can run BSD, Solaris, Novell or SCO unix in Hyperv with out massive headaches?. You can even run things like nt 3.51 in it. (For fun). Just because you have a narrow usage of Virtualization that doesn't mean everyone else does.
4. I am not sure if this feature is an actual advantage or a disadvantage.
ReFS great so if your computer or a system crashes how are you going to access data if non 8/2012 machine is not available to you? No backwards compatibility either which MS excels at. This is not an advantage as far as I can see.
Storage spaces You have basically a cutting edge technology which has issues that have been acknowledged by MS to be problematic, its also a Software RAID solution. Lets ask around people what they think of MS software raid solution in previous iterations of Microsoft OS's. Again not backwards compatibility.
You also can't use previously purchased software to recover data.

Hey Wrench, do you have a script running that flashes a message whenever a Windows 8 or heatless sun thread shows up? The more you say, the less credit you receive. That said, you did not really have all that much to begin with. :D

Again, you are trying to compare a server OS to a desktop OS, which you shouldn't do. Remember, that Server 2012 is based off of Windows 8, so they can be considered one in the same if you think of it as an OS family.

But it is true that ReFS shouldn't be considered a feature just for Windows 8 that Windows 7 doesn't offer. Reason being, is that while ReFS will work in Windows 8 and it was designed to support it, Microsoft has only enabled official support of it for Server 2012. There are ways to activate ReFS capability in Windows 8, but it isn't official and has been provided by MS. Because of that, I wouldn't count it. Maybe in a Service Pack they might offer the option, then it would be considered as a Windows 8 feature.

I think it qualifies since it was never offered on a desktop level Windows OS before. At best from MS, you could get a management console for Windows 7 that allowed you to manage Hyper-V on a server. But you couldn't install Hyper-V on a Windows 7 box. You had to invest in a server OS such as 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012.

You don't have to invest in anything of the sort. You can run windows server in eval mode for up to 120 days.

Again how many people will run Virtualization on a desktop. Even if they do they will not use a limited hypervisor if they work with Non MS or Linux os'.

In my experience people that do virtualization
1. Run Eval Mode
2. Have MSDN/Technet
3. Pirated software.

Hey Wrench, do you have a script running that flashes a message whenever a Windows 8 or heatless sun thread shows up? The more you say, the less credit you receive. That said, you did not really have all that much to begin with. :D

And we know how much credit you and heatlessun, and tsumi and the whole bunch of 8 fanboys have.

Yes I have a script its called **c*** *****s posting script

And we know how much credit you and heatlessun, and tsumi and the whole bunch of 8 fanboys have.

Yes I have a script its called **c*** *****s posting script

Feel free to call me Fanboy all you want, I am sure I have been called worse. The difference is, I am willing to enjoy all operating systems and give each a day to day run through. You, if it is any Microsoft product, hate it just because. In other words, when are you going to mature? :D

You don't have to invest in anything of the sort. You can run windows server in eval mode for up to 120 days.

Again how many people will run Virtualization on a desktop. Even if they do they will not use a limited hypervisor if they work with Non MS or Linux os'.

In my experience people that do virtualization
1. Run Eval Mode
2. Have MSDN/Technet
3. Pirated software.

Running an eval copy that you have to kill and rebuild to retain functionality, to me, doesn't constitute a desktop I would want to do my daily activities in. Just buy the product instead of cheating the system if you need those features.

I have managed to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V with little fuss. I haven't tried these, but they are officially supported: Redhat, SUSE, and CentOS.

I do have Technet, which VMs do come in handy, but I also use it for work to keep my work and home environments separate while reducing the amount of physical hardware I need to have. I also use VMs when doing exposure testing, effectively sandboxing the machine to find vulnerabilities. It's great being able to take a snapshot and revert back as if nothing happened. And no, I don't pirate software.

Win8 makes tablets viable converges the user experience with WP8. That's the headline. Finally there is a marketable interface that is consistent across all portable devices running MS Windows OSes.

The rest of the changes are under the hood and no more or less than any other incremental upgrade from any other distribution.

On the desktop here's some perks I noticed over Win7:

less windows updates from a fresh install
native OEM antivirus
better file copy routines (interactive prompts are queued at the end)
much more accurate file copy statistics
better task manager statistics
snappier windows rendering/cleaner theming
better integration with skydrive services

The complaint I think has the most legitimacy is that the road ahead is clearly an increased buy-in to the MS proprietary ecosystem. The MS store, the MS phone, skydrive, Office365, Skype/Lync etc. If people don't want to be a part of that community, they will not have much use for future MS offerings.

Thankfully we have ecosystem alternatives right?

Microsoft Windows division is flat year over year. All of their other divisions have grown. Microsoft's extra revenue is from their other divisions.

Windows 8 screws up the "desktop" paradigm. A desktop in the real world is a scratch pad place where I can get work done. I can move things where I want them, I can put anything I want there any way I want. I can hide things under things or in containers, or I can have them clearly visible exactly where I want it. Windows 8's failure to create a "desktop" enviornment is the problem. It instead is trying to create a specific consumer interface. If forces you to do things in specific ways and not the way you choose. It's not intuitive to wave my hand around the edge of my desk to get missing or invisible things to reappear. It is intuitive to open labled containers to find things related to that label in them.

If I need to hack my operating system to get it to work the way I want it to, I might as well use Linux.

Running an eval copy that you have to kill and rebuild to retain functionality, to me, doesn't constitute a desktop I would want to do my daily activities in. Just buy the product instead of cheating the system if you need those features.

I have managed to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V with little fuss. I haven't tried these, but they are officially supported: Redhat, SUSE, and CentOS.

I do have Technet, which VMs do come in handy, but I also use it for work to keep my work and home environments separate while reducing the amount of physical hardware I need to have. I also use VMs when doing exposure testing, effectively sandboxing the machine to find vulnerabilities. It's great being able to take a snapshot and revert back as if nothing happened. And no, I don't pirate software.

I don't disagree with you, but again I believe in the right tool for the job but basing an entire argument how great window 8 is compared to previous version to 7 on select few features (some of which are very buggy)that will be used so rarely by General Public is flawed. Especially since most computer users barely know how to browse the web. The whole point of the article was that 8 UI has driven users to buy Apple products. I continue and will continue to MS products.
Yes there are Pro but Cons so far seem to outweigh the pros.

Any way we will find out how the market will respond when 8.1 is out. Then we can draw conclusions to who had their head up their ass and who didn't about 8 UI architectural decisions.

Win8 makes tablets viable converges the user experience with WP8. That's the headline. Finally there is a marketable interface that is consistent across all portable devices running MS Windows OSes.

The rest of the changes are under the hood and no more or less than any other incremental upgrade from any other distribution.

On the desktop here's some perks I noticed over Win7:

less windows updates from a fresh install
native OEM antivirus
better file copy routines (interactive prompts are queued at the end)
much more accurate file copy statistics
better task manager statistics
snappier windows rendering/cleaner theming
better integration with skydrive services

The complaint I think has the most legitimacy is that the road ahead is clearly an increased buy-in to the MS proprietary ecosystem. The MS store, the MS phone, skydrive, Office365, Skype/Lync etc. If people don't want to be a part of that community, they will not have much use for future MS offerings.

Thankfully we have ecosystem alternatives right?

Yeah the whole buy in is a joke. Again with cloud services being so prevalent you have to ask your self why buy a Windows PC in the first place. Its not like My computing/Storage is actually on my PC any more. MS will need to start giving away their shit for free eventually to compete with other cloud providers.

As for less Updates, < wait a year or two.
OEM AV < The one that has been getting significantly worse over the past couple years?
Better file copy < Great feature but then again I use terracopy where I can pause and save and resume my copies. Again how much are you copying better yet how much does the average user.
Better Task manager < Great feature, but if your looking to do debugging your not going to use this either, you might need something even more granular.
Snappier < yes it is. Unfortunately Esthetically it looks like shit. I liked Aero, I don't like the inorganic sharp edges or the flat feel to everything. Again this is a personal preference.
Skydrive < personal choice I don't use it, prefer drop box for tons of reasons.

Why can't people see that big companies are actively trying to muscling in things customer don't want/need? This is a bad hibbit and it never ends well. MS could do things like that and recover from it since it domainated the OS market, but not anymore. They knew IOS and android OS are replacing the need of MS and are trying to force MS back to the market, but this time, it won't work. Unlike the Vista era where people stay with XP, this era people simply ditch the idea of having a new computer and move to tablets. Yes, those who stayed with Windows 7 are not likely going to suddenly install OSX because Windows 8, but they are not likely going to get Windows 8.1 either. So instead of spending 200 bucks on a new Windows 8 plus the cost of a new computer (parts), you will probably spend the money elsewhere, perhaps a new tablet or even a new phone. Once purchases are made, the quota is gone and MS needs to have something better, newer than Windows 8.1 to make people spend money on. In other words, Windows 8 tanked. MS learned that by renaming a product makes people think that it is a new product (vista to 7), the same trick may not work as well as before as consumers are much more educated. I don't know who thought of the name blue as people will immediately link it to BSoD. In fact, Google does that too. MS will probably sue Google for it.

I don't know if "millions" is overstated or not, but I can see how ipad/iphone sales get aided due to Windows 8. Even if millions are driven off Windows 8 whom are going to purchase a new laptop/surface, there are still android and chrome in the mix. Dedicated desktop users a likely to have big, if not multi, screens, which isn't for app use. In a working environment, I can't see why I would want anything to run fullscreen except playing a video. The problem with Windows 8 is that it assumes people will like to use the whole screen for a task. I can't take the fact that the I lost the contant of 1 screen just to bring up the start screen. Seriously, Windows should be a Window based OS, not a fullscreen base OS. The good thing about start menu is that things can be group by folders, and the folder itself doesn't take much space, just the icon plus the text. In windows 8, trying to find a rarely used program is a horror. Why is everything expanded? Why do I have to move my mouse all over the screen just to open "All programs"? The amount of information prompted to me overwhelms my brain and i have to scroll left and right just to find the program I want to open from a sea of text. Why do you remove dir and give me dir/a/w? Why?

The bigger problem is the degree of change to triditional workflow and flexibility to manage. Make Metro UI an option upon installationa and user can change it after installation and the whole experience changes. Yes, Metro UI is an improvement where there are more information on it, but more information on things that ain't mission critical is nothing but a waste of time. Why does it have to be in fullscreen? I manage all necessary programs right in the start menu, leaving the desktop blank so I don't have to minimize everything to run a program. In windows 8, I am screwed. First I have to remove almost everything from the Metro UI, then add the ones that I actually use. Guess what, Metro UI ends up looking like a maximized window with lots of icons and I have to zoom out to see most of time, BUT I CAN'T SEE THE TEXT! Very colourful, but not informational. Now I have to remember what that icon is and remember the position of programs with the same/similar icons. Zoom in, zoom out, scroll left, scroll right and ended up opening the wrong program.

This is a bad hibbit and it never ends well.
I know I shouldn't be making fun of this. It's just a typo. Lord knows I've made plenty. But this had me laughing out loud at work. A bad hibbit. I'm picturing some sort of Ewok-like mammal, with a finger pointing at it from off-screen. "No! Bad! Bad Hibbit!"

Hehehe.

Just bought a laptop (Microcenter refurb + tax refund = not broke) with Windows 8 and I like the 8 experience much more than on my desktop.

@VirtualMirage
I'm asking what makes Win8 special and unique....what it does that nothing else can
Win8 is being sold to everyone, regardless....I'm comparing it against everything. I'm asking why I (or anyone) should choose it over anything else.

@Fluxcored
This is the kind of clarity I'm looking for. Much of this I have no personal desire for but I know that there are those that do. You do make a good case for what possibly might be the end of an important role MS plays in the average persons life as it has been lived via computers. Not everyone will buy into this. I know I would rather have a laptop than a tablet anyday of the week. I have had experience with the Windows Phone and didn't care much for it at all. Thank you.

Its funny how they add mount to iso (nice but not a must have) and hyper-v (which I would use server software for not a consumer OS) yet they remove the email client and media player, which consumers would use...

Why can't people see that big companies are actively trying to muscling in things customer don't want/need? This is a bad hibbit and it never ends well. MS could do things like that and recover from it since it domainated the OS market, but not anymore. They knew IOS and android OS are replacing the need of MS and are trying to force MS back to the market, but this time, it won't work. Unlike the Vista era where people stay with XP, this era people simply ditch the idea of having a new computer and move to tablets. Yes, those who stayed with Windows 7 are not likely going to suddenly install OSX because Windows 8, but they are not likely going to get Windows 8.1 either. So instead of spending 200 bucks on a new Windows 8 plus the cost of a new computer (parts), you will probably spend the money elsewhere, perhaps a new tablet or even a new phone. Once purchases are made, the quota is gone and MS needs to have something better, newer than Windows 8.1 to make people spend money on. In other words, Windows 8 tanked. MS learned that by renaming a product makes people think that it is a new product (vista to 7), the same trick may not work as well as before as consumers are much more educated. I don't know who thought of the name blue as people will immediately link it to BSoD. In fact, Google does that too. MS will probably sue Google for it.

I don't know if "millions" is overstated or not, but I can see how ipad/iphone sales get aided due to Windows 8. Even if millions are driven off Windows 8 whom are going to purchase a new laptop/surface, there are still android and chrome in the mix. Dedicated desktop users a likely to have big, if not multi, screens, which isn't for app use. In a working environment, I can't see why I would want anything to run fullscreen except playing a video. The problem with Windows 8 is that it assumes people will like to use the whole screen for a task. I can't take the fact that the I lost the contant of 1 screen just to bring up the start screen. Seriously, Windows should be a Window based OS, not a fullscreen base OS. The good thing about start menu is that things can be group by folders, and the folder itself doesn't take much space, just the icon plus the text. In windows 8, trying to find a rarely used program is a horror. Why is everything expanded? Why do I have to move my mouse all over the screen just to open "All programs"? The amount of information prompted to me overwhelms my brain and i have to scroll left and right just to find the program I want to open from a sea of text. Why do you remove dir and give me dir/a/w? Why?

The bigger problem is the degree of change to triditional workflow and flexibility to manage. Make Metro UI an option upon installationa and user can change it after installation and the whole experience changes. Yes, Metro UI is an improvement where there are more information on it, but more information on things that ain't mission critical is nothing but a waste of time. Why does it have to be in fullscreen? I manage all necessary programs right in the start menu, leaving the desktop blank so I don't have to minimize everything to run a program. In windows 8, I am screwed. First I have to remove almost everything from the Metro UI, then add the ones that I actually use. Guess what, Metro UI ends up looking like a maximized window with lots of icons and I have to zoom out to see most of time, BUT I CAN'T SEE THE TEXT! Very colourful, but not informational. Now I have to remember what that icon is and remember the position of programs with the same/similar icons. Zoom in, zoom out, scroll left, scroll right and ended up opening the wrong program.

I hate live tiles I feel bombarded by the amount of useless information. But because its in your face its hard to ignore it and I find it amazingly distracting.
The best thing I can compare it to is going to Seoul or Tokyo or Vegas and being constantly bombarded by gaudy, blinking, neon, advertisements and back lit ads. It feels like the scene in Clockwork orange when Malcolm McDowell had his eyes wired open forced to watch shit.
There is a reason human brain after a while starts ignoring ambient visual/auditory input. It fucking can drive you insane.. Kinda makes you feel more empathetic for individuals with Autism.

Cursed for not being able to correct my mistakes. BTW, what happens to select start?

@VirtualMirage
I'm asking what makes Win8 special and unique....what it does that nothing else can
Win8 is being sold to everyone, regardless....I'm comparing it against everything. I'm asking why I (or anyone) should choose it over anything else.

For me the answer is simple because I use Windows 8 on desktops, laptops and tablets with keyboards, mice, touch and pen. No other OS natively supports all of these things at the level Windows 8 does.

I know a lot of people around here mention RDP solutions to access the desktop on their Android tablets but that's still not the same as a local client. OneNote with a pen for isn't viable via RDP.

Different people have different needs and wants in computing devices. I don't claim that Windows 8 is effective for everyone. I don't know of another OS that would be as effective for me as Windows 8.

Its funny how they add mount to iso (nice but not a must have) and hyper-v (which I would use server software for not a consumer OS) yet they remove the email client and media player, which consumers would use...

I wonder how many people are getting this....hhhhmmmm

Good point. Email can't do pop. You need to pay extra for Media Center, No DVD playback. Things that would make a better home network is actually worse.

Again its all about the useless fucking app store.

I hate live tiles I feel bombarded by the amount of useless information. But because its in your face its hard to ignore it and I find it amazingly distracting.

This makes no sense. You have said time and time again how you get rid of all Metro apps. How are you being presented with useless information if you removed all of the Metro apps?

I get a lot of info from the tiles, but what I get is exactly what I want because that's how I setup my Start Screen. If I don't want that info I turn off the live tile or remove the app.

The best thing I can compare it to is going to Seoul or Tokyo or Vegas and being constantly bombarded by gaudy, blinking, neon, advertisements and back lit ads. It feels like the scene in Clockwork orange when Malcolm McDowell had his eyes wired open forced to watch shit.
There is a reason human brain after a while starts ignoring ambient visual/auditory input. It fucking can drive you insane.. Kinda makes you feel more empathetic for individuals with Autism.
Agreed.

This makes no sense. You have said time and time again how you get rid of all Metro apps. How are you being presented with useless information if you removed all of the Metro apps?

I get a lot of info from the tiles, but what I get is exactly what I want because that's how I setup my Start Screen. If I don't want that info I turn off the live tile or remove the app.
Actually makes perfect sense, I remove them for that reason. The problem that I have is that when I am using some one elses machine, or have them under my administrative control and I need to do work on them.

For me the answer is simple because I use Windows 8 on desktops, laptops and tablets with keyboards, mice, touch and pen. No other OS natively supports all of these things at the level Windows 8 does.

I know a lot of people around here mention RDP solutions to access the desktop on their Android tablets but that's still not the same as a local client. OneNote with a pen for isn't viable via RDP.

Different people have different needs and wants in computing devices. I don't claim that Windows 8 is effective for everyone. I don't know of another OS that would be as effective for me as Windows 8.

Supporting natively doesn't mean working well on each platform. We've been testing touch screen tablets with Win 8 on it for our field reps that need 2 factor authentication along with a stylus touch pen. Horrible touch detection with the stylus pen for the apps we need, so much so we had to rule them out. That's the problem when you try to make one OS do all things on all platforms.

Supporting natively doesn't mean working well on each platform. We've been testing touch screen tablets with Win 8 on it for our field reps that need 2 factor authentication along with a stylus touch pen. Horrible touch detection with the stylus pen for the apps we need, so much so we had to rule them out. That's the problem when you try to make one OS do all things on all platforms.

So what Windows 8 tablets were you using? Not exactly sure what you mean with the horrible touch detection with a stylus pen. Windows 8, like Windows 7, will deactivate touch while a digital pen is in detected on devices with dual mode digitizers. That tends to work well on most devices though how well that works will vary to some degree from device to device. There are tools that some use to manually turn off touch while working extensively with pen to help reduce interference.

In any case pen technology in Windows is pretty much as good as it gets.

So what Windows 8 tablets were you using? Not exactly sure what you mean with the horrible touch detection with a stylus pen. Windows 8, like Windows 7, will deactivate touch while a digital pen is in detected on devices with dual mode digitizers. That tends to work well on most devices though how well that works will vary to some degree from device to device. There are tools that some use to manually turn off touch while working extensively with pen to help reduce interference.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. Kinda supports the headline of the article. Anyway, it's an interesting thing to note for tablet users.

I didn't say digital pen...just a precision touch pointer for the app. Terrible touch detection for the resolution we need. Can't even get the apps to open or close without touching the precise spot...anyway not going to argue with you on how to do my job. Works awesome for you great but not for us...

I didn't say digital pen...just a precision touch pointer for the app. Terrible touch detection for the resolution we need. Can't even get the apps to open or close without touching the precise spot...anyway not going to argue with you on how to do my job. Works awesome for you great but not for us...

Sounds like you are just willing to blame Windows 8 and then when someone asks, claim that someone says you do not know how to do you job. :rolleyes: Most likely it was the hardware and not Windows 8 that was causing the problem. Oh well, as long as the [H]ate is out, that is all that matters.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. Kinda supports the headline of the article. Anyway, it's an interesting thing to note for tablet users.

I use pen and touch extensively daily in Windows 8 and it works well for me. If there is another platform that supports pens as well as Windows I'd love to know what it is. And I have no idea how issues with pen and touch would have driven millions of desktop Windows users to Apple platforms. No current Apple platform supports digital pens, OS X doesn't support touch, and virtually all users complaining about the Windows 8 UI never were extensive pen and touch Windows to begin with and claim to not be interested in a touch capable UI on the desktop in the first place.

So you have a desktop app that doesn't work well touch. That's the point of Metro. At any rate most desktop apps aren't very good with touch. Try a digital pen and that will probably work much better.

For God's sake, the endless crying about Windows 8 is ridiculous. Instead of a start menu, you have a start screen. And an app store, which is paradigm that most smartphone users are now familiar with. It's the same pissing and moaning I heard when Microsoft introduced the ribbon interface with Office 2007.

Every time you open your mouth a child dies in Africa.

I use pen and touch extensively daily in Windows 8 and it works well for me. If there is another platform that supports pens as well as Windows I'd love to know what it is. And I have no idea how issues with pen and touch would have driven millions of desktop Windows users to Apple platforms. No current Apple platform supports digital pens, OS X doesn't support touch, and virtually all users complaining about the Windows 8 UI never were extensive pen and touch Windows to begin with and claim to not be interested in a touch capable UI on the desktop in the first place.

Out of curiosity, do you use Windows 8 and pen and touch daily?

Wait, the average person who spends $450 on a PC is so angry at how Windows 8 works, they are willing to spend at LEAST $500 more to get a Mac? :confused:

As a long time Windows fan boy (started with Win 3.11) I can try to explain why people would jump ship to CrApple.
Windows 8 interface is not very clear if you are new to it or are a beginner \ intermediate user (ie: average dumb a55 user). Shortcuts help but then you have to remember the damn shortcuts. CrApple managed to create a more intuitive interface on their computers. One that is much easier to get into than what Sinofsky tried to jam down our throats with his most recent bowel movement (you known it as Windows 8).
That is why some people who tried Win8 are willing to spend more money and jump ship. It's easier to get into and learn the MAC OS than Win8. Yes, people will disagree. Fine, but look at the actual sales of Windows 8 machines.
Personally I couldn’t uninstall Windows 8 off my computer fast enough.
Am I one of the CrApple converts? Let me put it this way: you will have to pry Win7 out of my cold dead hands.

Out of curiosity, do you use Windows 8 and pen and touch daily?

Everyday from the first day of the Developer Preview was released. And I've been using pen based Tablet PCs everyday since 2002. Started using touch in Vista in 2008 daily.

Sounds like you are just willing to blame Windows 8 and then when someone asks, claim that someone says you do not know how to do you job. :rolleyes: Most likely it was the hardware and not Windows 8 that was causing the problem. Oh well, as long as the [H]ate is out, that is all that matters.

Sorry...good try but no fan boy. You sound like a spokesperson for MS blaming the hardware. The touch environment we needed wasn't optimal with Windows 8 for what we use it for. Is there a better solution out there than Win 8, I don't know as were still looking? I don't hate Win 8 but don't sit here and pretend that its perfect for you so it should be for everyone else.

Sorry...good try but no fan boy. You sound like a spokesperson for MS blaming the hardware. The touch environment we needed wasn't optimal with Windows 8 for what we use it for. Is there a better solution out there than Win 8, I don't know as were still looking? I don't hate Win 8 but don't sit here and pretend that its perfect for you so it should be for everyone else.

You've given no details about what you're trying to do. The capability of touch hardware does very a lot. That's not being an MS fanboy because MS probably didn't make it.

Back