Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

That link in general is not working. If you're gung ho and you keep reloading that specific link constantly you might get lucky and get to the key distribution page, but considering there's probably a million people worldwide hitting it at the same time for no good reason, just be patient and try again in a few hours.

Microsoft can't possibly issue all 2.5 million keys in a single day, that simply won't happen, this shit will take several days so, check back tonight or tomorrow or whatever, you'll get one. You don't need a key to install the OS, just to activate it, and you can do that anytime in the first 30 days.

Geez... so much fanaticism over a damned key... good lord.

I generally agree with pretty much everything you post, but damn you are being a jack ass today.

um i think your the lie.... when i went there it just goes to the windows 7 page with no keys no downloads unless you can prove me wrong then my bad and sorry....

worked fine for me, no reloading the page over and over, just clicked the link

2987903450507249998.jpg

YOu tried THIS link to get the key? Were you logged into your Passport account (or whatever it is called now)?

If not go to live.com and login then try this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx

The download link for x64 is http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

or get it off a torrent (more likely to work).

The above key link worked PERFECTLY for me when I clicked on it (I was logged in and had gotten through the page entering my name etc. when it would give me the error that asked me ot come back tomorrow).

His 64 link worked perfectly for me. Im downloading it now. @ 2.5MB/sec. Ill just get a key somtime this month

The filename is 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-CB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.iso so that should give you the revision.

Glad I stuck with my 7 year old copy of XP for my last PC build over the summer. Saved some duckets not buying Vista, and now 7 could land this year and end up being really good.

Think I'll take a crack at the beta once it becomes easy to download. Just gotta find a spare HDD.

OK it worked got my 64 bit key.

You need to go to the tech net site, log into live there, then go to the 64 bit link

Just follow the step and it work for me.

i went to that blog and i did that but now it says error the site is currently experiencing techincal difficulties... and now i have to go out and won't be back in like 2 hours! :(

i went to that blog and i did that but now it says error the site is currently experiencing techincal difficulties... and now i have to go out and won't be back in like 2 hours! :(

Use the 64-Bit key - I got it almost instantly, and you can use it during a 32-bit installation, too.

sorry for double posting... sucks you can't edit here..... anyways i reloaded site again! and bam i got key!! YAHOO you rock!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much.

I literally was in this thread for <10 minutes and got my x64 key.

Thanks for the links.

I love you
^Seriously, haha.

efnx, at first I thought you just came here to mess with us and get us going, since you just signed up and are so new here, plus I tried your links before with no sign of it working, but that blog link you posted is amazing. I went there, did what they said, and had a key first try. Thank you so much man. :D

well i had to turn on compatibility view to view the forums. but things seem to be working well and really liking it so far.

Glad to see some of y'all are having such luck with the key site. It's going nowhere for me.

^Seriously, haha.

efnx, at first I thought you just came here to mess with us and get us going, since you just signed up and are so new here, plus I tried your links before with no sign of it working, but that blog link you posted is amazing. I went there, did what they said, and had a key first try. Thank you so much man. :D

it doesn't work for me...:mad:

Back