Windows 10 Buggy Updates? Our Patching Is Simple, Regular, Consistent Says Microsoft

Meaning you get paid either way so decided to kick back and not bother since it's a losing battle.

What a bunch of anonymous people think of you who just make it up as they go isn't much of a battle. That's called the internet.

This shit does get hilarious though! Like, Windows 10, have it running fine across lots of different kinds of hardware, tablets, VR, etc. when there that isn't a SINGLE alternative to what it supports, talk about it and you're a paid shill. Because you spent thousands of dollars of your own money that jack shit to do with shilling for Microsoft and are happy.

See this is fucking off the rails shit with no proof and when you anti-Microsoft folks get called on it you freak the fuck out.

Last edited:
ok. so you live in a shack in the woods and only use bartering as a form of payment? because if you use anything in modern society you are being tracked in one form or another. which is why I dont give a fuck anymore.
They get a glimpse of me so I may as well let them pound me in the ass logic.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
They get a glimpse of me so I may as well let them pound me in the ass logic.
its more than a glimpse and you are ignorant if you think so. everything we do is tracked. get used to it or go live in the woods, which still leaves you open to visual surveillance, so maybe a deep cave somewhere...

ok. so you live in a shack in the woods and only use bartering as a form of payment? because if you use anything in modern society you are being tracked in one form or another. which is why I dont give a fuck anymore.
I did not know that. Thanks.

its more than a glimpse and you are ignorant if you think so. everything we do is tracked. get used to it or go live in the woods, which still leaves you open to visual surveillance, so maybe a deep cave somewhere...
I guess you hate freedom and America. Not a big deal. It's still nice there are some companies that give you freedom of choice on their software or people who still care about such stuff.

I guess you hate freedom and America. Not a big deal. It's still nice there are some companies that give you freedom of choice on their software or people who still care about such stuff.
nope not at all. im rooting for the US right now. you finally have a pres that cares about the people. but that's another thread....
yeah there are a few that aren't doing it but its few and far between since they all learned how lucrative it is.
just because I accept this fact does not mean I like it. I just dont bitch and whine about it every chance I get...

nope not at all. im rooting for the US right now. you finally have a pres that cares about the people. but that's another thread....
yeah there are a few that aren't doing it but its few and far between since they all learned how lucrative it is.
just because I accept this fact does not mean I like it. I just dont bitch and whine about it every chance I get...
It's a forum, thats what it's for. :) You like Trump? There is hope for you! :) Maybe in his time making America great again, he can get MS to fix the updater and give us more options.

Last edited:
I don't agree with your assesment, but say it is so, just because one rapes you doesn't mean you should open your ass for another one.

People like you are the reason we are where we are right now.

What the hell are you talking about? If you don't like Windows there are alternatives. No one gives a shit if you use something else.

What the hell are you talking about? If you don't like Windows there are alternatives. No one gives a shit if you use something else.
There is? What OS will play all games and my Rift? If there is one, let me know!

You're the one accepting government and corporate invasion of privacy, but I'm the lefty? Is this the upside down world?
yeah I assumed so from all the reeeeeeing about other peoples choices...

You're the one accepting government and corporate invasion of privacy, but I'm the lefty? Is this the upside down world?

And this is exactly what I mean. Someone just wants to use their computer for whatever purpose, Windows 10 is the really the only choice for some of these activities, and then a whole bunch of bullshit about shilling, politics, etc.

And this is exactly what I mean. Someone just wants to use their computer for whatever purpose, Windows 10 is the really the only choice for some of these activities, and then a whole bunch of bullshit about shilling, politics, etc.
How about you leave people alone when they complain about their Win 10 problems? Do you think you could do that? Just one time, a single topic amongst hundreds to be free from your MS shilling. We all know you like it. Will you let us not like it? Just once in a while. Maybe even literally once would be a blessing.

Aren't you an edgy snowflake. You proved my initial point while trying to debunk it so now it's reeeing.
didn't prove shit and now with the name calling. seems like I assumed correctly.
How about you leave people alone when they complain about their Win 10 problems? Do you think you could do that? Just one time, a single topic amongst hundreds to be free from your MS shilling. We all know you like it. Will you let us not like it? Just once in a while. Maybe even literally once would be a blessing.
aint that rich....

Last edited:
Will you let us not like it?

So it's okay to hate on Windows 10 but not ok to like Windows 10 because you don't like Windows 10? This is place where people challenge each other all the time over any number of subjects. I can't stop you from liking Windows 10. It's the off the rails shit where some are basically saying that Windows 10 fails constantly for everyone. Fine, it doesn't work for you and others. You and others mention it all the time. So who is doing the shilling?

So it's okay to hate on Windows 10 but not ok to like Windows 10 because you don't like Windows 10? This is place where people challenge each other all the time over any number of subjects. I can't stop you from liking Windows 10. It's the off the rails shit where some are basically saying that Windows 10 fails constantly for everyone. Fine, it doesn't work for you and others. You and others mention it all the time. So who is doing the shilling?
I never said I hate windows. I loved Vista 64 and 7. After that they took away most of what I loved. I like 10, but I do not like all the crap that goes with it that I have to use 3rd party software and extra time to get rid of.
Pretty simple.

Oh I don’t know, the windows 10 pc’s we use at work to load programs into our CNC machines will constantly try to update during work hours, only to restart and fail, then roll back to the previous updates. Kind of halts production. So I guess Microsoft is correct in saying their updates are regular and consistent, failures.

Last edited:
Some opinions are all over the place. Some people will hate Windows 10, some will love, it depends on what they do. But some opinions reasonable people aren't going to have.

Mandatory telemetry that you can't opt out of for an OS you paid for isn't a very defensible position. Forced updating that can create problems for technical users that they can't entirely disable isn't a very defensible position. Being in favor of ads in your OS that you paid for isn't a very defensible position. They're all a loss of rights for the consumer and erode the concept ownership over your own system. Now someone can like Windows 10 in SPITE of these drawbacks, or maybe their usage isn't significantly affected by them so they're a non-issue for them, but to DEFEND them is what comes across as being a shill. A reasonable person doesn't celebrate having things taken away from them and paying for it in the process. It distinctly reeks of someone who is paid to take that position.

The Tab S4 just came out and I've read some reviews of it. Obviously at its price point it's clearly aiming for the 2 in 1 productivity tablet market. As an Android tablet its about as good as it gets. In trying to be Surface like as productivity device, it looks like it falls well short of that.

I use my mobile device to get away from productivity. However, considering those that use a mobile device as their primary device it's got productivity more than covered.

And that purpose depends on the persons needs. There is no way anyone can claim to be the epicenter of PC usage, however for some crazy reason you actually believe you are. When someone picks you up on it you flat out deny you ever claimed such a thing.

It's bizarre.

Spying at OS level, a setting that is at it's highest by default with no way to fully opt out is not acceptable, Android does not spy at OS level. There is also no denying that in this modern age the updater is woeful and inconvenient. Having to schedule updates so they run when you're not around because the method used to achieve such a process is amazingly slow and requires constant reboots that sometimes add hours to the boot process is just ridiculous.

Then we have to consider the updater's lack of fine end user control.

I'm not just singling Microsoft out here, Apple's update process isn't much better.

People mention it in threads about its problems. No one else on this forum posts on every Windows related topic and tries to convince people that their issues are no issues at all, or that they don't matter, or that it may be so but it's a godsend for touch. You're not stating you like it, you're trying to convince people there are no problems or you deflect...in every single topic for months and months

People mention it in threads about its problems. No one else on this forum posts on every Windows related topic and tries to convince people that their issues are no issues at all, or that they don't matter, or that it may be so but it's a godsend for touch. You're not stating you like it, you're trying to convince people there are no problems or you deflect...in every single topic for months and months

You should see their reaction if a Linux user tries the same tactic..

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Some opinions are all over the place. Some people will hate Windows 10, some will love, it depends on what they do. But some opinions reasonable people aren't going to have.

Mandatory telemetry that you can't opt out of for an OS you paid for isn't a very defensible position. Forced updating that can create problems for technical users that they can't entirely disable isn't a very defensible position. Being in favor of ads in your OS that you paid for isn't a very defensible position. They're all a loss of rights for the consumer and erode the concept ownership over your own system. Now someone can like Windows 10 in SPITE of these drawbacks, or maybe their usage isn't significantly affected by them so they're a non-issue for them, but to DEFEND them is what comes across as being a shill. A reasonable person doesn't celebrate having things taken away from them and paying for it in the process. It distinctly reeks of someone who is paid to take that position.

I've long said the telemetry should be optional, I just think some are make a lot more out it than is there. Windows 10 updates are cumulative so that makes picking and choosing updates difficult so there I have been in favor of general release of stable branches.

Except who the hell is saying that aren't any issues with Windows 10? I've been using Windows for 30 years, there have ALWAYS BEEN ISSUES with pick the version of Windows.

And that purpose depends on the persons needs. There is no way anyone can claim to be the epicenter of PC usage, however for some crazy reason you actually believe you are.

Since I've usually been on the edge of PC computing for decades not sure where you got this notion.

Spying at OS level, a setting that is at it's highest by default with no way to fully opt out is not acceptable, Android does not spy at OS level. There is also no denying that in this modern age the updater is woeful and inconvenient. Having to schedule updates so they run when you're not around because the method used to achieve such a process is amazingly slow and requires constant reboots that sometimes add hours to the boot process is just ridiculous.

Then we have to consider the updater's lack of fine end user control.

I'm not just singling Microsoft out here, Apple's update process isn't much better.

So if Windows 10 is that big of problem use something else.

Since I've usually been on the edge of PC computing for decades not sure where you got this notion.

See, you still don't get it! Amazing.

So if Windows 10 is that big of problem use something else.

Which is what most are saying and a point you keep refuting. Every time there is a thread on Windows where someone makes this exact claim, you're there trying to justify Microsoft, deflect the real issue and basically tell people they're exaggerating.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Oh I don’t know, the windows 10 pc’s we use at work to load programs into our CNC machines will constantly try to update during work hours, only to restart and fail, then roll back to the previous updates. Kind of halts production. So I guess Microsoft is correct in saying their updates are regular and consistent, failures.

Which is why business machines need to be running Win 10 Pro or Enterprise and pointed at a WSUS server for updates rather than directly to Microsoft, with the "Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet locations" group policy enabled.
This gives total control of which updates are downloaded on the WSUS server and allows you to control when and if they get pushed out.

Of course, if you don't have a WSUS server, setting the same GPO's and setting your server to 127.0.0.1 works quite nicely to block updates as well. And you can then use a tool like WSUSOfflineUpdater to download offline update installers and install them yourself on your own schedule. This method has worked very nicely for me on my HTPC's which are still running TH2 so that WMC keeps working. It also still works nicely on other machines I have that are running FCU and SCU.

Which is why business machines need to be running Win 10 Pro or Enterprise and pointed at a WSUS server for updates rather than directly to Microsoft, with the "Do not connect to any Windows Update Internet locations" group policy enabled.
This gives total control of which updates are downloaded on the WSUS server and allows you to control when and if they get pushed out.

Of course, if you don't have a WSUS server, setting the same GPO's and setting your server to 127.0.0.1 works quite nicely to block updates as well. And you can then use a tool like WSUSOfflineUpdater to download offline update installers and install them yourself on your own schedule. This method has worked very nicely for me on my HTPC's which are still running TH2 so that WMC keeps working. It also still works nicely on other machines I have that are running FCU and SCU.
Because all business's have the $$$ to buy it.......
Or are you going to donate?

Back