Votes: 86 13.0%
  • PC + Console

Votes: 22 3.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 412 62.1%
  • I dont like FPS games

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Total voters
Been playing for a while and sure the dedicated server issue sucks, but folks, this is a great game, sorry. The multiplayer is a blast and while it definitely won't satisfy hard core PC gamers it'll be fine for everyone else.

And there is a single player mode for spec ops which increased the single player value beyond the campaign.

While the PC hard core gamers are ragging this game its gonna break all kinds of records and I really hope that PC gamers will buy this game. Its really good for regular Joe Average gamers like myself.

Yup. I've had it for almost a week on 360 and I'm about to pick it up on PC. It is great.

I dunno, if you hate fun then go ahead and skip it. :)

Been playing for a while and sure the dedicated server issue sucks, but folks, this is a great game, sorry. The multiplayer is a blast and while it definitely won't satisfy hard core PC gamers it'll be fine for everyone else.

And there is a single player mode for spec ops which increased the single player value beyond the campaign.

While the PC hard core gamers are ragging this game its gonna break all kinds of records and I really hope that PC gamers will buy this game. Its really good for regular Joe Average gamers like myself.
Don't be surprised if it does sell well. There are casual players on PC too. But there are obviously some serious features lacking in the multiplayer portion of the game that turns off a lot of PC gamers that are used to a standard. I would hate to see other competitive games follow suit just because MW2 is successful. I will defo be buying BC2 next year.

Last edited:
You make a valid argument, but I disagree with you completely. Enjoy your ignorance; it's easy to claim that this game is awful when you haven't tried it for yourself.

Most of us don't think the GAME itself is awful....just the lack of a DEDICATED server setup sucks major ass. If I could hook up a good keyboard and mouse to my 360 and play it, I *might* buy it. But I refuse to use a POS thumbstick controller to play a supposedly precision FPS.

Most of us don't think the GAME itself is awful....just the lack of a DEDICATED server setup sucks major ass. If I could hook up a good keyboard and mouse to my 360 and play it, I *might* buy it. But I refuse to use a POS thumbstick controller to play a supposedly precision FPS.

In that case, why not just buy it for the PC? It's not like the 360 version has dedicated servers. It's P2P also.

I wont give IW a new purchase. However, I will buy it used once it gets down to 30 USD 40 perhaps at the local game exchange.

And when other game devs follow suit and replace dedicated server systems with INFERIOR matchmaking listen server systems in their games, will that be good for "regular Joe Average" gamers like yourself? Or myself, for that matter, since I'm not a hardcore PC gamer either?

The answer is:

No.

And it's not worth it.

PLEASE do not support Infinity Ward. Vote with your pocket books people!

Voting with your pocketbook has devastating effects on PC gaming, though. Due to lack of interest and poor platform support, IW may do the same thing as Crytek with Crysis and move away from the PC platform altogether and just support consoles. I think not having this title on the PC platform, which is a blast in campaign mode and special ops mode with a friend, is more devastating to the marketplace than "voting with your pocketbook" and not be supported next time around.

lets face it, we are the minority in the video game industry. I would rather have this game with a few less features in multiplayer than no MW2.

i really don't care if IW ditches the PC. if i dont want to buy any of their games I won't miss them.

Voting with your pocketbook has devastating effects on PC gaming, though. Due to lack of interest and poor platform support, IW may do the same thing as Crytek with Crysis and move away from the PC platform altogether and just support consoles. I think not having this title on the PC platform, which is a blast in campaign mode and special ops mode with a friend, is more devastating to the marketplace than "voting with your pocketbook" and not be supported next time around.

lets face it, we are the minority in the video game industry. I would rather have this game with a few less features in multiplayer than no MW2.

If all Infinity Ward can be bothered to do is give us half-assed console ports, then good riddance.

no dedicated servers = no buy

+1 on that. Otherwise, it would've been a definite buy.

I enjoy being able to choose well-moderated (i.e., COD4) servers that give me a very tolerable ping, no significant lag, and a decently well-mannered group of players.

I have no desire to have the X-Boxish experience of having to listen to a bunch of 12-year olds trying out new dirty words because there's no moderator there to kick/ban their sorry little behinds.:mad:

I disagree. If MW2 sales for the PC are not what IW wanted, there is absolutely no secret as to why that happened. It would have had nothing to do with a dwindling market and everything to do with the decisions IW made, and they'll know it. If they use low sales as an excuse to stop PC development all together then that decision was well in the works anyway, becuase as I said, they know what to do to get the sales, it's just a matter of them wanting to do it or not.

you may be correct, but I doubt that the idea was in the works before IW made IW.net and invested their time and money to this huge change. Judging from CRYTEK and their move from PC gaming to consoles, it makes more sense from a business standpoint to just leave the platform behind than to try to cater to the hardcore PC market while still trying to standardize DLC and updates/patches to the game in a similar form to consoles so that they have their "equality across all platforms" as I heard on a podcast.

I am not saying that it is good, but I see where they are coming from.

last time i checked, a lot of companies were making some good money on the PC platform.

Like Valve and Blizzard

maybe they just "get" PC gamers.

So I have been playing MW2 on a 360 and Uncharted 2 still one ups it in graphics. I think the character models in MW2 look really close to Uncharted 2, but the scenery is no where near as good. Other than that, the game plays really well just like COD4 MW. I can't believe IGN gave it a 10 in graphics; it should have gotten a 9.5 lol As you can see i care a lot about graphics :p pc gamer at heart

Finished SP. It was full of wow moments but the end left me saying 'this is it?' Took me about four hours to complete. I don't remember how long CoD 4 took but it was definitely lengthier. Oh well. Game length aside, it was an awesome experience while it lasted. Probably won't get much replay from me unless IW changes its mind on the dedicated server bit though.

Wow, I was considering it just for the single-player because I remember CoD4 was a decent length and worth it for what I paid ($30 something off that one website that mailed you international copies which worked fine, but I think is not allowed to be said here). Not to mention I played a lot online with friends. Almost wanna replay the single-player again...

Shit, I just finished Borderlands on the first play-through and that was 25+ hours and I was rushing the last 5 hours. Not to mention there's a 2nd play-through (although the same missions/everything just a lot harder + better weapons). Along with 4 different types of characters to play-through if you wanted. And it was only $33 for a pre-order. Although I'm betting those were a solid 4 hours of gameplay, where a lot of borderlands is running around (like an RPG) and doing smaller "quests".

But that's me... I'm sure I'll play MW2 eventually, just not dropping $60 on it...

This is EXACTLY the way I look at it. I really wish I understood WHY IW did this. Most PC gamers will like this game and but not doing dedicated servers and tools they pissed of hard core PC gamers and I don't know how this is supposed to make them more money. It seems like they were just being lazy more than anything and just wanted all the platforms to be identical for simplicity of development.

I LOVE PC GAMING! I REFUSE to game on consoles. I never will. So I buy just about every FPS there is on the PC and don't even play most of them much, but I have a nice game collection when I need something to do!

So I'm in a catch 22. I'll never game on a console but I'm not a hard core PC gamer but I feel that if I were to support fellow PC gamers on this issue that all I'd be doing is shooting myself in the foot. I much rather have something than nothing.

And MW2 is really the CoD formula that I love, sans the server and mod support. This is a great game. Yes, targeted to consoles but still a great game.

Finished SP. It was full of wow moments but the end left me saying 'this is it?' Took me about four hours to complete. I don't remember how long CoD 4 took but it was definitely lengthier. Oh well. Game length aside, it was an awesome experience while it lasted. Probably won't get much replay from me unless IW changes its mind on the dedicated server bit though.

What about Spec Ops? That actually is cool and adds a lot of SP time. And I wouldn't be surprised if IW offers SP DLC latter on.

i dont know why people like the graphics. IMO Left 4 dead 2 looks better and thats saying a lot.

the textures are laughably low res and the animations are terrible. characters jerk back and forth like theyre having seizures. The lighting is decent but nothing mind blowing.

also, the screen shake and blood effects when you get shot are over the top and annoying.

the guns sound like puppy farts and hardly have any recoil. they all feel like youre shooting an airsoft gun.

oh yes, and the story is completely insane. Tanks invading suburban Virginia? Yea, NO.

you may be correct, but I doubt that the idea was in the works before IW made IW.net and invested their time and money to this huge change. Judging from CRYTEK and their move from PC gaming to consoles, it makes more sense from a business standpoint to just leave the platform behind than to try to cater to the hardcore PC market while still trying to standardize DLC and updates/patches to the game in a similar form to consoles so that they have their "equality across all platforms" as I heard on a podcast.

I am not saying that it is good, but I see where they are coming from.

You make it sound like Crytek abondoned the PC market all together. They simply went cross-platform with CryEngine 3, and why wouldn't they? Regardless of how the PC gaming market is, it would make sence to also develop for consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsWZp5pWCo

Watch this ;)

lolcaption15.jpg

lolcaption13.jpg

In that case, why not just buy it for the PC? It's not like the 360 version has dedicated servers. It's P2P also.

Because as it is, it's a console game. The other things like no lean, etc., all add up.

NM, in hindsight, I would not even buy it for my 360 unless it was like 20 bucks...

Yup. I've had it for almost a week on 360 and I'm about to pick it up on PC. It is great.

I dunno, if you hate fun then go ahead and skip it. :)

since i like fun and not getting ripped off i think i will skip it ! thanks for the heads up!

Well, I guess I have no choice in owning it since my gf just gave it to me for my bday. Sucks balls that you can only play spec ops with friends, since I only have a few on my steam friends list. If anyone wants to play spec ops, i'm listed under sparrow_69

You make it sound like Crytek abondoned the PC market all together. They simply went cross-platform with CryEngine 3, and why wouldn't they? Regardless of how the PC gaming market is, it would make sence to also develop for consoles.

If they are going cross platform they are doing the exact same thing IW is doing. Hence, unhappy hardcore PC gamers on some issue that pops up for them to complain about.

I don't care if companies make cross platform games. This doesn't bother me. What I don't like are bullshit console ports for PC that lack basic functionality expected and required for a PC game. Examples of this are the latest Wolfenstein and Call of Duty games.

Which is exactly what happens when companies try to cross platform, the only company that hasn't succumbed to this is Valve and possibly a small handful of other companies; Battlefield better be all it is hyped up to be, much like this game was 4 months ago.

Battlefield better be all it is hyped up to be, much like this game was 4 months ago.
Battlefield BC2 already was confirmed to have dedicated servers so I don't see any reason to complain other than maybe if they match player count to the console version which I doubt but still is possible. It sounds like DICE is trying to go out of their way to make the PC version a real PC game.

People keep saying, "oh, they snubbed the hardcore PC gamers."

I'm not a hardcore gamer. I've played CoD4 and CoD: WAW in multiplayer a fair bit. I've never leveled a profile to 55 (COD4) or 65 (WAW). I've never just dumped 4 hours into a multiplayer game session.

They snubbed me too.

Even IF IWnet isn't that bad, it's still inferior to dedicated servers. Period.

I keep saying it, and none of the fanboys can address it: matchmaking is an inferior compromise designed to allow consoles to have dedicated servers in the first place. There's NO legitimate reason to force a compromise onto a PC game where dedicated servers have been the norm for years. It's a cash grab to force us to buy DLC when they release it. After all, if you don't buy the DLC, then all of a sudden, the pool of people you can play with on IWnet just got a lot smaller because everyone else did. The only way it would work is if everyone refused to buy the DLC.

And with the way some of you fanboys act, I guarantee that'll never happen.

I've always, always been a multiplatform gamer, never likely to resort to making statements like, console players are retards. But I'm starting to see it...this generation of mouth-breathing XBOX players, who drool over pre-ordering (now there's a process that's not in OUR best interests...) the latest and greatest hyped up game, these fools are bringing the overall quality of gaming down as time goes by.

Xfire should have a new gametype added.. IW-Hating so that it can track how much time people actually spend spouting off about this stuff rather than doing something useful...like playing a game.

Which is exactly what happens when companies try to cross platform, the only company that hasn't succumbed to this is Valve and possibly a small handful of other companies; Battlefield better be all it is hyped up to be, much like this game was 4 months ago.

You're again making an over-generalization and a very inaccurate one at that. COD4 was cross platform too and was great on the PC. Race Driver GRID was cross platform, great on PC, Dirt is cross platform, great on the PC. In fact, most of these games are better on the PC then the console version, so yeah... Cross Platform does not automatically mean the game is going to suck, not by a long shot.

You're again making an over-generalization and a very inaccurate one at that. COD4 was cross platform too and was great on the PC. Race Driver GRID was cross platform, great on PC, Dirt is cross platform, great on the PC. In fact, most of these games are better on the PC then the console version, so yeah... Cross Platform does not automatically mean the game is going to suck, not by a long shot.

Well said.

Back