Votes: 86 13.0%
  • PC + Console

Votes: 22 3.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 412 62.1%
  • I dont like FPS games

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Total voters
you are right, it doesn't mean that the game is going to be crap on PC, but looking at PC gaming from this year - unfortunately we are seeing more games being crappy ported console games. Hence, the generalization.

I think you could probably argue that most console games are better on the PC heh. Its just people with consoles are used to the bullshit that they have come accustomed to, where as PC gamers are not.

it cant be any worse than the money i wasted buying far cry 2,,,,
installing codmw2 now

The one bit of silver lining here is that residential broadband is constantly improving and P2P multiplayer will eventually be a viable option even for PC gamers, but it isn't there yet.

Played for 14 hours straight yesterday on PC at one persons house with 2 other people (3 people total using the same connection) and had NO lag issues whatsoever and only one host migration which took 4 seconds, big deal.

Its an amazing game, you should buy it!

We did a review for anyone interested -> http://www.spartylanparty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3280

Yup. People should give it a shot before nerd raging all over it. Way too many people are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions without actually playing it. Its actually really good, and if you're a fan of the franchise then you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one. IMO it is Infinity Ward's best game so far.

Yup. People should give it a shot before nerd raging all over it. Way too many people are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions without actually playing it. Its actually really good, and if you're a fan of the franchise then you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one. IMO it is Infinity Ward's best game so far.

the game sucks and thats all anyone needs to know

Save $60 and do something else with your life. ok?

use the $60 you wouldve spent on MW2 and use it to get a girl drunk, you'll have more fun and it'll last longer than the single player.

I think a lot of you have lost sight of things. There was a time when there was NO multiplayer and everything was just solo. Boo-hoo no dedicated servers or max 32 players to nade spam and kill streak spam. Quit your bitching. Jesus.

Well i just played the MP for just under an hour. There was no lag, everything was quite smooth infact. That said, the MP "experience" is a definate downgrade from COD4. As expected, the maps are very confined. The 9v9 limit really kills the experience for me, I enjoy throwing a stun gernade at a large group of "bad guys" and go in and try to pick off as many of them as I can before being mowed down myself.

Now that I've given this game a fair shake, i can whole heartedly say that I completely disagree with the notion that "if you're a fan of the franchise then you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one." atleast when it comes to MP.

Is the MP bad? No, and if you've never played COD4MP you'll probably get a decent amount of enjoyment out of MW2. If you have played COD4MP, you'll be left "wanting" at lesat I was.

I think a lot of you have lost sight of things. There was a time when there was NO multiplayer and everything was just solo. Boo-hoo no dedicated servers or max 32 players to nade spam and kill streak spam. Quit your bitching. Jesus.

At one time there was no running water or plumbing either, so we should be content with contaminated water that will make us a little sick and we should be fine with plumbing that backs up into your toilet every once in a while too right? By your standards that should be ok, it may not be as good as what we have now but better then when we didn't ever have it right?

So what? We've had multiplayer since the Doom days and frankly gimpy 9 vs. 9 multiplayer is unacceptable for a PC game in 2009. This is especially true given that the previous TWO games supported up to 64 players. It also supported LAN play without an internet connection and again had dedicated servers. There also wasn't bullshit arcade crap popping up in the multiplayer game to kill the immersion. It also allowed you the not so revolutionary ability to lean around a corner and thus keep your body behind some cover. :eek:

If you had a problem with the grenade "spamming" that prevented you from getting enough kills to rank nicely in a match, or you got killed so often that you couldn't enjoy the game, I'd have to say "that's your problem." Maybe the larger maps with all the player slots populated wasn't fun for you but frankly, it's the only way I like to play. Sub-24 player games do not interest me in the slightest. Not everyone has the same play style. So if you like to take things slower with less players in a game, then that's fine. At least with Call of Duty 4 we could BOTH be happy. I could play on 64 player servers and you could play on less populated servers using the SAME GAME. What's wrong with that?

Once again, the maps are not huge and wouldn't play well with 64 and most likely 32 people.

Once again, the maps are not huge and wouldn't play well with 64 and most likely 32 people.

That's because the developer couldn't be bothered to do a good job this time around. I liked the larger maps (Crash, Winter Crash, Crossfire, etc.) in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I just decided to boot up some COD4 MP really quick after not playing the game in 2 months, did a quick game on District. Hardcore, FF.

I basically closed the match after dying when I got my 7th killstreak. Respawned in the boutique along the mainstreet where Marines starting spawnpoint is, ran up to the little alley way up the hill. Took out a guy behind a car toward the very end of the alley and I turned right toward the center market. Chilled there for a bit unleashed my Helo, my teammate pulled up a UAV and 3 guys on the other team approached my position as they had UAV too. One coming up from the stairs and 2 in the alley. I quickly went up against the wall and turned 180 and these 2 guys were actually crouched sneaking up on my position. I had my m16 out 3 shot killed the dude on the left first, then the guy on the right, I know I saw them shooting, and didn't even take a hit... mustve been noobs. I turn back around and I left leaned to check the bottom of the stairs, BINGO! Guy 3 is down there and at the same time i'm pulling back from leaning I let the 3 round burst rip by the time my guy comes in from leaning this dude gets killed, it was weird something like bullet lag. That ended the match, reaching time AND score limit, haha. I went 20 and 8 and my first and only helo of the game didn't catch a single kill.

Ahhh, as I type this I am only wishing if only MW2 could have been developed to be atleast nearly as good as it's predecessor, atleast just as far as LEANING goes, lol.

The main thing missing from MW2 is the sense of realism. The maps simply look and feel artificial versus COD4 where you felt like it's a place that actually exists and the environment sucks you in. I really don't see this game surpassing COD4's MP population, if it does it will be for a brief period only. I think most people who own both will end up going back to COD4.

The game is simply not balanced to be better than COD4. :)

The one bit of silver lining here is that residential broadband is constantly improving and P2P multiplayer will eventually be a viable option even for PC gamers, but it isn't there yet.

Residential broadband is typically ADSL which deliberately sacrafices upload speed to provide users with better download speeds. While this is appropriate for most users it's very bad for hosting services since upload is primarily used. SDSL with lots of upload in the UK is mega expensive, no residential homes will have something like a 4mbit up/down connection.

yea a lot of people have terrible uploads. i dont get how p2p works when ppl are rocking 768 kbps upload.

That's because the developer couldn't be bothered to do a good job this time around. I liked the larger maps (Crash, Winter Crash, Crossfire, etc.) in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

It's not up to the developers to decide for us what is fun, the developers behind Day of Defeat source game actually forceably stopped 64 player servers in their game because they didn't like the crowded gameplay on maps designed for fewer players.

Yet OBVIOUSLY people liked it because there was numerous 64 player servers which were always packed. Low and behold it was hacked or somethign was done later on to get it working again. Stupid fucking pointless restrictions, if we want to cram 64 players onto a 8 player map because we think it's fun then we'll bloody well do so, why do they get decree what is fun and what isn't? Surely the gamers decide what they find more fun.

You considered Crash a large map? Haha.

At one time there was no running water or plumbing either, so we should be content with contaminated water that will make us a little sick and we should be fine with plumbing that backs up into your toilet every once in a while too right? By your standards that should be ok, it may not be as good as what we have now but better then when we didn't ever have it right?

Clearly a standand of living and a standard of gaming are two in the same..

yea a lot of people have terrible uploads. i dont get how p2p works when ppl are rocking 768 kbps upload.

lol, or you could be like me, and rock 128 kpbs upload and 1.5 mbps download... I can still game online and usually own... I dunno.. I have few servers to chose from thats for sure.. I have no other option where I live to upgrade.. Canada ftw? lol

I absolutely love MW2, it's one of the better FPS games I've ever played.

That being said, I will not be purchasing this game until the PC issues are resolved. Sorry, but $60 for a game that gives me less than its' predecessor is not reasonable in the least.

lol, or you could be like me, and rock 128 kpbs upload and 1.5 mbps download... I can still game online and usually own... I dunno.. I have few servers to chose from thats for sure.. I have no other option where I live to upgrade.. Canada ftw? lol

Haha rocking the same internet speeds as well, just finished single and did some multiplayer tdm matches. Single was absolute entertaining and the 3 matches i did were lag free but first time connecting gave me a lost connection.

So far im not regretting the $60 for this game like many say it is :rolleyes:

I already gave my opinion on the game and so far convinced my friends to come try out the game in my house and all of em have said it has its problems but it seems decent. Good to see they didnt turn retarded nay sayers like most people. They are picking it up today and playing the spec ops mode after some good ol United offensive games tonight.

Haha rocking the same internet speeds as well, just finished single and did some multiplayer tdm matches. Single was absolute entertaining and the 3 matches i did were lag free but first time connecting gave me a lost connection.

So far im not regretting the $60 for this game like many say it is :rolleyes:

I already gave my opinion on the game and so far convinced my friends to come try out the game in my house and all of em have said it has its problems but it seems decent. Good to see they didnt turn retarded nay sayers like most people. They are picking it up today and playing the spec ops mode after some good ol United offensive games tonight.

At this point BF2 has way better multiplayer than this crappy game and that game is only $10

I'm not gonna disagree with you there, I still play and enjoy BF2 (I am also on the BC2 Train, Chu Chu!).

I hate sounding like a broken record but mw2 aint that bad. Yes multi is not as good as it should be but to me all the random harsh opinions/posts that are being said are just blind sided. Like someone said on here, You take away the CoD name and this game would of been said to be a very good game on both aspects.

I have said the same thing for every CoD after the original and United Offensive... So Mw2 changes didnt hit me as hard as others took it i guess :p

That was a good find at the IW forums about ping. We have solid proof now that Nazi.net is a pile of crap.

Back