Votes: 86 13.0%
  • PC + Console

Votes: 22 3.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 412 62.1%
  • I dont like FPS games

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Total voters
I watched someone's MW2 PC multiplayer stream last night: http://www.justin.tv/eyes_cube

You know what, the game played flawlessly. The guy said that lag was never once an issue and I believe it, the whole time I watched it was smooth and responsive. I've had the game since last Thursday on the 360 (got it at a store that broke street date) and I love it, but the only thing I can't get over is playing fast multiplayer games with a gamepad. I'll never be as good with that as I am with a mouse and keyboard. I was wary of the PC version but now that I've seen how good it runs in the stream, which is as good as its been playing on the 360, I'll be picking up the PC version as well.

Yes but, one experience doesnt mean much. Obviously there WILL be good games since possibly the host chosen has a fast connect. Itll be a more varied multiple experience, not a consistent one as if there were dedicated servers(and thats the point). Play maybe 100 games and rate each one, then compare. Time will tell how the whole multiple works out for it. Not that id ever buy it. 5v5 and 6v6 seems pretty boring. Im going to assume the maps must be pretty damn small for this as well.

I bought the game for the single player experience. Thus far, it kicks ass. I don't regret the purchase, don't really give a fuck about MP shortcomings.

Yes but, one experience doesnt mean much. Obviously there WILL be good games since possibly the host chosen has a fast connect. Itll be a more varied multiple experience, not a consistent one as if there were dedicated servers(and thats the point). Play maybe 100 games and rate each one, then compare. Time will tell how the whole multiple works out for it. Not that id ever buy it. 5v5 and 6v6 seems pretty boring. Im going to assume the maps must be pretty damn small for this as well.

I would assume that IWnet has a way of finding the best host for everyone. In five hours on the 360 I have never once dealt with lag, and the stream I watched last night looked just like my experience on the 360, except with a mouse and keyboard.

It obviously isn't ideal, I think all of us would like dedicated servers as at least an option. I'm curious to see how it works over the long run, 100 games as you said.

been playing on the 360, this game is pretty badass so far. actually I feel sorry for all those "boycotting" the game, they are missing out on some pretty good fun.

been playing on the 360, this game is pretty badass so far. actually I feel sorry for all those "boycotting" the game, they are missing out on some pretty good fun.

Why?

No offense, but different people have different ideas of what is fun. I don't play FPS's for single player, rather I play them for multiplayer. And yes, I have seen MW2, and still not purchasing it.

"It's not as laggy as everyone was worried about though!" or "I haven't experience too many migrations yet!" Well, I enjoy playing on servers with a ping under 30, and prefer to play on servers where I never have to worry about migrations.

Played the first few missions. Pretty awesome so far. I'll try MP after a few more. Playing on hardened btw. Still getting used to the damn PC controls.

Just ordered via steam. I was in the boycotting thing too, but then when i saw how childish and stupid some peoples reasons were behind the boycotting i thought about it and decided to purchase it. I have bought every cod game since the original release of Cod. Yes i do feel like the changes iw made are really undesired and retarded but im sure its gonna be a game that will keep you busy when you play it.

Steam employee on the forums said the NA unlock time is 3PM PST on the 11th (6PM EST) yet my clock still says 1 day 5 hours

60euro for 4-6hours of scripted military wanking? I beg to differ.

The spec ops thing looks cool though

Went to 3 stores to try and find a PC copy, they all had 360 and PS3 copies(even a few prestige edition) but sold out of PC. So I preordered Bad Company 2 at the last store and decided to just wait for MW2 on Steam.

Why?

No offense, but different people have different ideas of what is fun. I don't play FPS's for single player, rather I play them for multiplayer. And yes, I have seen MW2, and still not purchasing it.

"It's not as laggy as everyone was worried about though!" or "I haven't experience too many migrations yet!" Well, I enjoy playing on servers with a ping under 30, and prefer to play on servers where I never have to worry about migrations.

You make a valid argument, but I disagree with you completely. Enjoy your ignorance; it's easy to claim that this game is awful when you haven't tried it for yourself.

Been playing the MP for a few hours, badass so far on the 360.

Lots of fun. So many guns and unlocks now too.

Why?

I always play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for large multiplayer games. Given that the sequel doesn't provide that, I'll pass.

You make a valid argument, but I disagree with you completely. Enjoy your ignorance; it's easy to claim that this game is awful when you haven't tried it for yourself.

It's not ignorance, it's opinion.

We know it supports less players (a lot less) we know it will have higher latency, at times much higher. If large maps and players with low latency is what you enjoyed, well there is no ignorance going on at all, since you know that MW2 will not have what you enjoyed most about MW1

Hold on a second, I am talking about the single player campaign. Not the multiplayer. I have been playing the multiplayer and the maps are fantastic, but I am a PC gamer first and console second. I agree with that front completely. It's just sad that many PC gamers aren't buying the game and giving the campaign a chance. It truly is fantastic.

What's funny is that over at metacritic people are saying "Well, I got it, but the multiplayer sucks blah blah blah". Key word's being "I got it". IW doesn't care if you LIKE the game, they just want the money. So don't talk about how bad the non-dedicated servers are and then go buy it, then gripe more. They have your money, so they win.

What's funny is that over at metacritic people are saying "Well, I got it, but the multiplayer sucks blah blah blah". Key word's being "I got it". IW doesn't care if you LIKE the game, they just want the money. So don't talk about how bad the non-dedicated servers are and then go buy it, then gripe more. They have your money, so they win.

Well that's half accurate... They do want your money but they also do care (to an extent) about opinions beucase the more people like it, the more people will recomend it to their peers who will then go out and buy it. Most of my friends are pretty cheap bastards. They have no problem coming over my house and sit on my computer for hours at a time to play my SP games until they've beaten them. And they would cerainly have no problems doing it with a game like MW2 (if I had it) that is more expensive with less features and a short SP campaign.

If however a game has replay value (good multiplayer) they'll buy it.

I finished the single player missions just now after a few hours of gameplay. To me, it felt too short. However, the missions that were presented were nothing short of spectacular. I'll try MP and see how it holds up.

Single player is constant balls-to-the-wall action.
MP is just as awesome as COD4 + new additions.

Balls to the walls action for 4 hours

That's like extremely hot and dirty sex that lasts 4 minutes.

$60 for 4 hours. Multiplayer will get old pretty fast for most. Short term cash grab. They will not be able to repeat this trick twice.

Well they might. Most people do not learn until they repeat the same mistake 3-4 times.

Can you play on a 64 player server? If not, then it's not as good as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Sorry, I don't rate the quality of a multiplayer experience based on the number of people that can play. The maps are designed with the max players in mind, and it flows quite well.

Don't be a douche. I like how the game is and it's fine if you don't like it yourself, but don't go contradicting something as subjective as this.

I don't see why so many people on this forum can't understand what an opinion is.

I agree with you WhiteZero 100%.

The game might not be as best as its previous version, Ok we get that. What if its still a decent game? If you dont like it, don't get it.

I said the same thing as many others, meaning the whole based on the changes the game is gonna be horrible and its actually 100% different. For those like me who need something to play besides current games that we have finished or oldies we still play i recommend getting this game if not when deals go through that puts it under the $60 price tag which from what i can see you can find it for $45 on the fs forum or $50 through online retailers.

For those who will still come in here and bashing a game they don't own, heres a cookie.

Oh yea i still think Cod Uo is the best in series, only thing that made me kinda laugh when i heard some reviewers say its the best in the series.

Just a word of warning: you won't be able to buy this game used on the PC. It ties into Steam, and Steam = no resale.

I agree with you WhiteZero 100%.

The game might not be as best as its previous version, Ok we get that. What if its still a decent game? If you dont like it, don't get it.

I said the same thing as many others, meaning the whole based on the changes the game is gonna be horrible and its actually 100% different. For those like me who need something to play besides current games that we have finished or oldies we still play i recommend getting this game if not when deals go through that puts it under the $60 price tag which from what i can see you can find it for $45 on the fs forum or $50 through online retailers.

For those who will still come in here and bashing a game they don't own, heres a cookie.

Oh yea i still think Cod Uo is the best in series, only thing that made me kinda laugh when i heard some reviewers say its the best in the series.

you obviously have not seen Bad Company 2 ? That looks alot better than this Garbage!

Ironic cyclical statements!

My original post was expressing my opinion and mine alone. I was then quoted and given a retort to undermine my own expression.
Read a bit more into it next time.

Sorry, I don't rate the quality of a multiplayer experience based on the number of people that can play. The maps are designed with the max players in mind, and it flows quite well.

Pretty much. I was also WTF at the player count, but after playing the maps for a bit it was clear that 12-18 players is what they were designed for. Any more and it would get stupid. Some of the city maps are crowded enough as it is with that many players.

The player count is a limit set by the peer-to-peer system, absolutely, but the maps were designed to compensate for that and the game is still fun, its really simple.

Of course, there are people that still want 64 players or whatever on anything smaller than a full size BF2 map, but there's also no accounting for sense or taste. :rolleyes:

Hold on a second, I am talking about the single player campaign. Not the multiplayer. I have been playing the multiplayer and the maps are fantastic, but I am a PC gamer first and console second. I agree with that front completely. It's just sad that many PC gamers aren't buying the game and giving the campaign a chance. It truly is fantastic.

I agree. People who choose to nerd rage on forums instead of giving the game a proper chance are missing out on some good times.

My original post was expressing my opinion and mine alone. I was then quoted and given a retort to undermine my own expression.
Read a bit more into it next time.

Which in turn was his own opinion. There is no winning on forums, and I just found it ironic.

Been playing for a while and sure the dedicated server issue sucks, but folks, this is a great game, sorry. The multiplayer is a blast and while it definitely won't satisfy hard core PC gamers it'll be fine for everyone else.

And there is a single player mode for spec ops which increased the single player value beyond the campaign.

While the PC hard core gamers are ragging this game its gonna break all kinds of records and I really hope that PC gamers will buy this game. Its really good for regular Joe Average gamers like myself.

Back