Who cares about iPhone5 ? It's outdated already

sHeeple :rolleyes:

The Nexus-Three will most certainly be the better device, but the iPhone5 users will walk around like they have something that Commander Data built for them from the 25th century, where in reality it's the same outdated phone design from 2007, with a few new features they stole from other developers,and call it their own idea :rolleyes:

are they not really shapples?

Lots of people need ease of use. The Iphone line tends to release with tech that isn't on the bleeding edge. That's a huge downside for me, but for a lot of people it isn't. Some need flat out ease of use. So yeah a screen with a bunch of icons works for some.

In a way it kind of reminds me of the Wii. Its sold more individually than the PS3 and 360 on their own, but its really not for me. Its nice that someone who doesn't do any gaming can pick up a Wiimote and flail about in their living room to bowl in Wiisports, but a Dualshock 3 and/or a 360 controller doesn't 'confuse me with all of its buttons and sticks'. I can manage just fine, so I don't need ease of use, Ill take the gaming consoles with more depth and much more recent hardware and better horsepower, not to mention a much deeper and broad library. I am the same way with my PC hardware.

Neither 'side' is wrong, everyone is getting what they want for the most part, that's actually something to be happy about.

Look. Apple fans will always buy Apple. Get over it.

If you don't have a job, maybe you ought to think about learning about developing for or repairing Apple devices. A lot of money to be made there.

It's like Scientologists will always donate to Scientology. And if you can get Tom Cruise's money, do it. Cultists are the easily one of the easiest targets to rip money off from.

Look. Apple fans will always buy Apple. Get over it.

If you don't have a job, maybe you ought to think about learning about developing for or repairing Apple devices. A lot of money to be made there.

It's like Scientologists will always donate to Scientology. And if you can get Tom Cruise's money, do it. Cultists are the easily one of the easiest targets to rip money off from.

This is a stupid and idiotic fallacy that has no basis in reality. Exactly 0% of people buy Apple because it's Apple. 0%. No one cares. They just care that it works and does everything they need it to. Which it does. Android fans just cant admit to themselves that the iPhone is just a great product, and it has nothing to do with Jobs, the Apple brand, following anyone, etc.

This is a stupid and idiotic fallacy that has no basis in reality. Exactly 0% of people buy Apple because it's Apple. 0%. No one cares. They just care that it works and does everything they need it to. Which it does. Android fans just cant admit to themselves that the iPhone is just a great product, and it has nothing to do with Jobs, the Apple brand, following anyone, etc.

This is total nonsense. Do you really think people are not affected by advertising, the near total media saturation Apple has? I guarantee a majority of people who own Apple products were influenced by ads, friends who showed them etc. Do they even bother to try out competing products? And once they own it, a majority of those also become loyal Apple fans and will continue to buy upgrades and ignore other devices. Apple has the largest brand retention out there.

This doesn't mean iPhone/iPad etc aren't good. They do get the job done. But marketing/advertising/brand image is a huge part of the success, like it is for most successful brands. e.g. BMW doesn't just sell because its the 'ultimate' driving machine.

This is total nonsense. Do you really think people are not affected by advertising, the near total media saturation Apple has? I guarantee a majority of people who own Apple products were influenced by ads, friends who showed them etc. Do they even bother to try out competing products? And once they own it, a majority of those also become loyal Apple fans and will continue to buy upgrades and ignore other devices. Apple has the largest brand retention out there.

This doesn't mean iPhone/iPad etc aren't good. They do get the job done. But marketing/advertising/brand image is a huge part of the success, like it is for most successful brands. e.g. BMW doesn't just sell because its the 'ultimate' driving machine.

You can say that advertising has some influence, but thats not the same as saying people are brainwashed apple-tards who would buy a boxed turd with the apple logo on it. At the end of the day people are going to go with what works the best.

Look, I used to be that anti-mainstream guy who went around with the competing product and tried to convince the world it was better. I finally had a wake up call and realized that the mainstream deserved more credit then I gave them. There just isn't this mass of brainwashed zombies buying whats cool cause it's cool. There just isn't. The product has to be exceptional.

I went into a Verizon store and tried out all the latest Android phones. Buggy, laggy, and slow every one of em. Whine all you want, the iPhone still has the best user experience. And the best app store. And the best battery life. And the best...the list goes on. It's an A+ product. Jobs can F himself.

You can say that advertising has some influence, but thats not the same as saying people are brainwashed apple-tards who would buy a boxed turd with the apple logo on it. At the end of the day people are going to go with what works the best.

Look, I used to be that anti-mainstream guy who went around with the competing product and tried to convince the world it was better. I finally had a wake up call and realized that the mainstream deserved more credit then I gave them. There just isn't this mass of brainwashed zombies buying whats cool cause it's cool. There just isn't. The product has to be exceptional.

I went into a Verizon store and tried out all the latest Android phones. Buggy, laggy, and slow every one of em. Whine all you want, the iPhone still has the best user experience. And the best app store. And the best battery life. And the best...the list goes on. It's an A+ product. Jobs can F himself.

This I can agree with. I'd never buy an iPhone myself, but I bought one (used) for my brother for exactly the same reason - he just wants something that works, doesn't need a ton of apps/customization, and is reliable.

I think you're overstating things a little though. "brainwashed apple-tards who would buy a boxed turd with the apple logo on it" do exist and more than you can imagine. And I can't imagine a newer Android phone like the Thunderbolt/Incredible 2 could feel slow.

a boxed turd with the apple logo = pretty much every mac desktop, apple tv, and apple's proprietary cords and dongles... and, of course, this monstrosity called iTunes...

btw, my htc hero works pretty damn well except that I'm running low on memory. so I dunno what you guys are complaining about.

I got the iPhone 3g when it first came out and thought it was a great phone and my girlfriend liked it so much she got one as well. After a while I got bored and thought I would try out Android and try customizing my phone how I wanted it with a Samsung Galaxy S. I have since put the phone back to stock and looking to just dump it now and go back to the iPhone.

I could careless about Apple as this is my only Apple product and even though its said that Android is winning in the market as being sold more often. Apps are still being made for iPhones only.

I want to pull out my phone and play say a couple cheezy games to kill a few minutes while I wait or my unRAID server has a couple plugins that only work on the iPhone. Even my cable company has an app that streams only for the iPhone.

Yeah, Android might be wonderful and let you script code while customizing your phone so it completely matches you but thats why I have my rig to tinker with and update. I need my phone to just work.

^^ I think that is the current problem with WP7 devices. No good HW.

I agree. The HTC Arrive (came out March 2011) for Sprint is a f'ing joke.
- 3.6" screen really?
- TFT LCD really? (Not Super LCD or IPS)
- No gorilla glass screen
- 1st gen Snapdragon processor (although to be fair, all of the 1st gen WP7 had the same processors).

It seriously has the same specs as the HTC HD2 (running Windows Mobile 6.5 ironically enough) which came out NOVEMBER of 2009!!!!

On the flipside, since all WP7 phones run the same processor, Microsoft was able to optimize the heck of it. The UI is so f'ing smooth.

I get what OP means about the IPhone getting on his nerves after a while what with the lack of the widgets and intuitive home screen. I just flashed Cyanogen7 onto my Incredible and it's so much faster and smoother in everything that I'm astonished they left so much untapped speed on the table with bloated software. I love this phone now. :) it rivals the stock iPhone 4 from what little I've seen.

Last edited:
I get what OP means about the IPhone getting on his nerves after a while what with the lack of the widgets and intuitive home screen. I just flashed Cyanogen7 onto my Incredible and it's so much faster and smoother in everything that I'm astonished they left so much untapped speed on the table with bloated software. I love this phone now. :) it rivals the stock iPhone 4 from what little I've seen.

And that's the rub. Crap like Sense, Blur, and TouchWiz is hurting Android because it makes the updating harder which isn't helping fragmentation fears. I don't understand why companies don't just start using TMobiles wonderful Theme Chooser code. It's free and open source. Give the user the option to change the theme with far less hassle and much less bloat.

I moved the wife's Dinc from Skyraider to MIUI and she was impressed with the better responsiveness. On my TBolt while Sense ROM's like Das BAMF are very good they are noticeably slower and have a lag to them. Swap over to AOSP builds and the phone just steamrolls.

amen

I'm not an Apple fan by any means <--- get that out there first.

I've had people tell me that they buy Apple products because they are Apple and not Microsoft.

My wife has an iPhone 4. It's ok, but it just isn't good for me. I bought a HTC Trophy (Windows Phone 7) and it is 100x better than the Android I was using. The iPod/iPhone was a great device when it was first released. I had an iPod Touch for a while until I got this new phone. It played music great, but that's all I used it for. The kids put games on it, but I only used it for the music.

iPhone 5 really isn't much of a step forward from what I've heard. It's just a slightly updated iPhone 4. They will market it like it is revolutionary and magical, though, and it will work. Steve Jobs is a marketing genius. But, REAL techies will realize that it isn't all that much better, and their old iPhone 4 will still work.

But, REAL techies will realize that it isn't all that much better, and their old iPhone 4 will still work.

Not that I disagree. I don't plan on upgrading from my 4, especially if the new one comes with 4G (since I'm not moving from my unlimited 3G plan). But can't the same be said about any new phone?

Yeah, it'll be a dual core device, get a memory boost and possibly a larger display, but if the current ones work well as is, why bother upgrading? The iPhone 4 will still get iOS5 and all the goodies that come with it. The camera, as is, is already pretty impressive for a phone... so the newer camera isn't really much of a selling point IMO (unless you're still on a 3G/3Gs)

Not that I disagree. I don't plan on upgrading from my 4, especially if the new one comes with 4G (since I'm not moving from my unlimited 3G plan). But can't the same be said about any new phone?

Yeah, it'll be a dual core device, get a memory boost and possibly a larger display, but if the current ones work well as is, why bother upgrading? The iPhone 4 will still get iOS5 and all the goodies that come with it. The camera, as is, is already pretty impressive for a phone... so the newer camera isn't really much of a selling point IMO (unless you're still on a 3G/3Gs)

If you're on vzw you get to keep your unlimited plan if you upgrade to LTE. Dunno about ATT.

Also, Zoarachus makes me lol whenever he posts a thread "i love apple, it's the best" a month later "android is so much better" 2 months later "i'm selling my android for an iphone". Guy is as fickle as a pickle. Iphone is outdated? Oh boy I guess every phone out there is running 640x960 now right? I mean even a whole YEAR later and no phone can match the iPhone's resolution. :rolleyes:

... will walk around like they have something that Commander Data built for them from the 25th century, where in reality it's the same outdated phone design from 2007, with a few new features they stole from other developers,and call it their own idea ...

A good summary of your typical Apple owner

Everyone here talks about how iPhone users are arrogant/snobby/think they're better then everyone, etc.

Has anyone here actually read this thread?

If you're on vzw you get to keep your unlimited plan if you upgrade to LTE. Dunno about ATT.

Also, Zoarachus makes me lol whenever he posts a thread "i love apple, it's the best" a month later "android is so much better" 2 months later "i'm selling my android for an iphone". Guy is as fickle as a pickle. Iphone is outdated? Oh boy I guess every phone out there is running 640x960 now right? I mean even a whole YEAR later and no phone can match the iPhone's resolution. :rolleyes:

Technically yes iPhone has a fantastic screen but the way Apple made iOS doesn't it just make the screen sharper without adding actual viewable area?

Technically yes iPhone has a fantastic screen but the way Apple made iOS doesn't it just make the screen sharper without adding actual viewable area?

that depends on what you're doing.

On the springboard (homescreen) it uses larger icons and fonts on the retina display, so the icons and text appear exactly the same size as the older devices, but without the ability to see any pixels.

viewing websites (or doing anything involving text really), however, allows you to read without the need to zoom in... since the extra pixels allow for sharper text and images. So in that sense, it does increase the viewable area.

Games and such just use the scaled up resolution... So you don't tend to see any line aliasing and stuff that you normally would, since the pixel density is so high. Making the UI and stuff like that smaller isn't the norm, since you still have to interact with it on a 3.5" screen (same size as the older device screens)

This is a stupid and idiotic fallacy that has no basis in reality. Exactly 0% of people buy Apple because it's Apple. 0%. No one cares.
That is complete horseshit and I'm shocked that you're even trying to convince people otherwise.

It's impossible to say anything about the iPhone 5 seeing as how we don't know a thing about it. Same goes for the Nexus Prime.

I will agree in that it's a solid product - however I disagree with the previous poster that said 0% of people buy products because they are Apple. You are nuts if you believe that. Advertisements ARE brainwash material to the general public that doesn't know how to read a review. Doesn't know how to judge a product. Doesn't know specifications. Doesn't compare to competition. You and I both know over 20 people off the top of our heads that wouldn't dare google a product and compare it to it's competition before buying it.

C'mon, if you don't agree that there is an Apple fanboi club you are just fooling yourself. I'm not gonna jump on the whole "Apple sucks you're all dumb" bandwagon because even I can admit they make solid products, however I do face reality in that there is a drunken koolaid fanboi club.

Last edited:
C'mon, if you don't agree that there is an Apple fanboi club you are just fooling yourself. I'm gonna jump on the whole "Apple sucks you're all dumb" bandwagon because even I can admit they make solid products, however I do face reality in that there is a drunken koolaid fanboi club.

He never said that there wasn't an Apple fanboy club. He made a solid arguments as to why someone would choose it over some of the other handset makers though. I used to be one of the biggest Apple haters until I actually used an iPhone. At that time, I was so impressed with it that I went out and bought one the following day (one of my coworkers still refers to me as 'sellout' lol). To this day, the overall functionality, ease of use, build quality and support continues to impress me. With jailbreaking, it also allows those of us that like to tinker with our 'toys' the ability to do that aswell.

Of course there are irrational Apple fanboys... there always will be. There will also always be irrational Android, Ford, Honda, Microsoft, Sony, etc fanboys because people tend to think 'their' choice is the best, so everyone else must be wrong.

It's called low self esteem :) (and/or penis envy)

Last edited:
He never said that there wasn't an Apple fanboy club. He made a solid arguments as to why someone would choose it over some of the other handset makers though. I used to be one of the biggest Apple haters until I actually used an iPhone. At that time, I was so impressed with it that I went out and bought one the following day (one of my coworkers still refers to me as 'sellout' lol). To this day, the overall functionality, ease of use, build quality and support continues to impress me. With jailbreaking, it also allows those of us that like to tinker with our 'toys' the ability to do that aswell.

Of course there are irrational Apple fanboys... there always will be. There will also always be irrational Android, Ford, Honda, Microsoft, Sony, etc fanboys because people tend to think 'their' choice is the best, so everyone else must be wrong.

It's called low self esteem :) (and/or penis envy)

I was referring to this guy, who certainly was saying there is not a fanboi club

I would rather develop for the ios with all the objective c annoyances because eclipse sucks. Yeah, I am such an apple hater... I make so much money off of that logo and its cult status.

Iphone, or Android, or WP7/8. I don't really care anymore, I just want the carriers to quit gutting our phones and then stuffing the carcass with crap. I hate that every phone I get has to be rooted/jailbroken/fixed/rommed so that I have the freedom to actually use the damn thing the way I want.

Could really care less about the IP5, it is not going to be more than a minor upgrade over the IP4, and there will most likely be better Android phones out there prior to it's release.

I don't get the crazy foaming at the mouth hype for the upcoming iPhone5 :rolleyes: Unless I am missing something, it still is still very much going to be like the iPhone4, which was like the iPhone3, rinse and repeat...The iPhone1 was way cool and bad ass, but Apple seemed to stop innovation after that.

I am a very happy Nexus-S owner, but there are some really cool phones due out this Fall to be excited about. Windows Mango running on a Samsung Galaxy S II hardware device will be uber cool :cool: And the Nexus-Three with the all new next gen Android OS "Ice Cream" will also be awesome.

To me the iPhone needs major changes to get back into the game. Still just a screen full of app icons :rolleyes: Ok they finally added a notification bar, about time. What about widgets ? Or total customization out of the box, without a jailbreak ? How about a 4.3" AMOLED screen ? I don't know, but to me the last few iPhone releases don't look radically different, just more of the same, with a few old tweaks added. I just don't get the major hype surrounding them. There are equal or better devices out. And now with OTA updates, jailbreak will be even tougher.

end of rant/

iphone-evo-body-e1314121478328.jpg

"iphone hasn't changed yada yada yada yada"

^ Are you trying to prove that iPhone hasn't changed much over 5 generations? (hard to tell which side you are on). But if so that graph does it very nicely.

^ Are you trying to prove that iPhone hasn't changed much over 5 generations? (hard to tell which side you are on). But if so that graph does it very nicely.

pretty sure hes trying to say that there are changes. though the most radical changes on that chart is the iphone5 but its all rumored specs.looking at the previous 4 generations the still havent changed the size from a 3.5 screen and most of the other arguements of zorachus was refering to iOS so that graph doesnt really prove anything. that being said i'd reserve all judgement until the phones are released

pretty sure hes trying to say that there are changes. though the most radical changes on that chart is the iphone5 but its all rumored specs.looking at the previous 4 generations the still havent changed the size from a 3.5 screen and most of the other arguements of zorachus was refering to iOS so that graph doesnt really prove anything. that being said i'd reserve all judgement until the phones are released

All iPhones currently sold have the same tiny size screen...still an opened app drawer as a home screen :p a screen full of icons lol :rolleyes: no widgets, no notifications, no flash, no e-mailing attachments, no removable battery,. To be honest besides the obvious hardware upgrades which every phone changes each year, the iPhone1 and 4 are not that different.

[...img...]

"iphone hasn't changed yada yada yada yada"

They forgot the Retina display was also IPS :D

All iPhones currently sold have the same tiny size screen...still an opened app drawer as a home screen :p a screen full of icons lol :rolleyes: no widgets, no notifications, no flash, no e-mailing attachments, no removable battery,. To be honest besides the obvious hardware upgrades which every phone changes each year, the iPhone1 and 4 are not that different.

A lot of your statements make me think you are not a smartphone (of any kind) owner :p.
And especially have never even used an iPhone as a primary device before.

Of course, that may be wrong, but who cares. Nobody is wrong on the internet :D

Last edited:
They forgot the Retina display was also IPS :D

A lot of your statements make me think you are not a smartphone (of any kind) owner :p.
And especially have never even used an iPhone as a primary device before.

Of course, that may be wrong, but who cares. Nobody is wrong on the internet :D

My smartphone history goes in this timeline;

- iPhone1
- iPhone3G
- Nexus-One
- EVO 4G
- EVO-3D
- Nexus-S 4G

The two phones on that list that really blow me away and think were/are awesome, would be the iPhone1 and my current Nexus-S. I would be willing to get the iPhone5 if they actually update the thing; add widgets...make a larger screen...notification system is good to see coming finally...add flash support...

Last edited:
I've had the following phones:
T-Mobile G1
Palm Pre
Iphone 3GS
Iphone 4

My next phone is going to be back to android. It was a horrible OS at first, but it seems to come along quite well. After having the Iphone, its an OK phone, but its really dumbed down. There are lots of things I cant stand about it like having to use a program to put music on it (I use copytrans because I despise iTunes), and having to jailbreak it to get it to have functionality it should have already. Apps are played out and I'm sick of touchscreen games. I just want a phone that can surf webpages and make calls. The best browser to me is on android now with flash support. Plus I can switch to verizon and get 4G and get off horrible ATT. 4G Here in OKC is stupid fast.

I started with a handcent palm pilot...

And then
Sprint Palm Pre
Sprint HTC Hero

And that's that... oh wait, if the iPhone (1st gen) and the iPhone 3G/3GS (2nd/2.5 gen) count as smartphones, then my first generation Motorola Razr also counts. It doesn't multitask either!

That said, I wouldn't mind getting an iPhone 5 as long as it doesn't have an antenna issue. I do so much work on it, it might as well own one. But then I think I like to get into Arduino development as well, so I probably be sticking to Android... But... LOL... mango nokia would be so frigging awesome.

And that's that... oh wait, if the iPhone (1st gen) and the iPhone 3G/3GS (2nd/2.5 gen) count as smartphones, then my first generation Motorola Razr also counts. It doesn't multitask either!

Lol, ok. So the Razr had/has a public SDK to develop software for too? :p

Back